Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Bonnie Tyler, Mr. Motivator and Lords of Strut announced for Electric Ireland Throwback Stage.

Bonnie Tyler is my Jam!

I'd say she'd draw a bit of a crowd. Lords of strut are always great.

Break out the lycra everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think Bonnie will draw a huge crowd, let's hope the power isn't cut off this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Rfrip wrote: »
    So are we saying Weds or Friday this week for another announcement?!

What's that based off of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    What's that based off of?

hope

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Today FM playing a lot of Stone Roses this week followed by EP acts. Any chance of them being added?

Might be going full Charlie Day/ Pepe Silvia...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

dansan7 wrote: »
    Today FM playing a lot of Stone Roses this week followed by EP acts. Any chance of them being added?

Might be going full Charlie Day/ Pepe Silvia...

Split in June 2017 but never officially as far as I'm aware. Would be astonished were they to play again in the next few years, never mind at EP. Glasto possibly the only thing that could lure them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Is there a separate parking area / Entrance for Pink Moon or how does getting into the area work? First time Glamper/Driver to EP!

Any tips/tricks for avoiding the traffic chaos massive ques? Was thinking leave early but then we will be stuck at the car waiting for it to open (Suppose not the worst thing could have some early cans...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Split in June 2017 but never officially as far as I'm aware. Would be astonished were they to play again in the next few years, never mind at EP. Glasto possibly the only thing that could lure them back.

I thought they had split but saw some tour dates when I googled them. Turns out it was a coverband... ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ficcss wrote:
    Is there a separate parking area / Entrance for Pink Moon or how does getting into the area work? First time Glamper/Driver to EP!

Ficcss wrote:
    Any tips/tricks for avoiding the traffic chaos massive ques? Was thinking leave early but then we will be stuck at the car waiting for it to open (Suppose not the worst thing could have some early cans...

I think it's normally the green route for pink moon. You could possibly buy a Thursday night ticket, if pink moon accept early arrivals?

Don't be deterred by the traffic chaos in Waterford from the weekend, EP has never had such issues as far as I'm aware. I remember my sister came in late Friday afternoon one year from Dublin but that was like a 2 hour delay, nothing crazy. If you leave early you'll be fine. Last year our crew booked a hotel in Port Laois for the night before. There were loads doing the same thing, will be doing that again this year m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

endainoz wrote: »
    I think it's normally the green route for pink moon. You could possibly buy a Thursday night ticket, if pink moon accept early arrivals?

Don't be deterred by the traffic chaos in Waterford from the weekend, EP has never had such issues as far as I'm aware. I remember my sister came in late Friday afternoon one year from Dublin but that was like a 2 hour delay, nothing crazy. If you leave early you'll be fine. Last year our crew booked a hotel in Port Laois for the night before. There were loads doing the same thing, will be doing that again this year m

I queued for a couple of hours in 2009. Think the M7 was backup up the previous year. Maybe 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Longest I’ve been stuck in traffic was about an hour, but it was moving the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Bonnie Tyler is my Jam!

I'd say she'd draw a bit of a crowd. Lords of strut are always great.

Break out the lycra everyone!

The last time she played the area was jammed for at least an hour before she was due on stage. Voice not what it used to be but reckon everyone there for total eclipse and holding out for a hero and the crowd sing them so doesn't matter.

One of the days last week I posted saying I am not feeling it for EP at all this year, Stillill was spot on when he said that once ATN passes the excitement levels will rise. Already looking more in depth into the EP lineup than I have in the past couple of weeks and looking forward to it a lot more now, will try and listen to as many acts as I can over the next few weeks to get a full picture of who I will go and see. Had a good time at ATN but it is no picnic yet anyway.

So do we have many more announcements left to come do we think? I know some are expecting another announcement for the main arena, last year there were 91 acts playing across the main stage, EA, RW, LBT & Cosby, so far we have 80 announced.. Would they have another announcement for just 10 or 11 acts? I won't be holding my breathe for any big names anyway.

Then I am guessing we will have the Jerry Fish, Electric Ireland, Freetown stages soon enough. Body & Soul didn't seem to list anything for their Bandstand or Earthship stages yet did they?

Also one more question, has anyone any experience of going down the Thursday? Considering it this year (staying in PM) but not sure if there is much point and if I will be shattered come the Sunday.

Reckon one more arena announcement mid tier with maybe one higher up.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The last time she played the area was jammed for at least an hour before she was due on stage. Voice not what it used to be but reckon everyone there for total eclipse and holding out for a hero and the crowd sing them so doesn't matter.

I think there was a change of schedule and a delay hence people there so early. I'm embarrassed to admit knowing that. But the people didn't leave. I was going to pop in but not going to hang about for an hour for her.

Passed by when she was on an the stage was rammed (much smaller than the current one. Maybe the first year they put on acts?) with hundreds outside. Couldn't hear anything which fits in with endainoz's post about the power going off. Kinda ironic for an Electric Ireland stage.

Could be fun to drop in this time. And yeah, it'll be jammed.

I think there was a change of schedule and a delay hence people there so early. I'm embarrassed to admit knowing that. But the people didn't leave. I was going to pop in but not going to hang about for an hour for her.

Passed by when she was on an the stage was rammed (much smaller than the current one. Maybe the first year they put on acts?) with hundreds outside. Couldn't hear anything which fits in with endainoz's post about the power going off. Kinda ironic for an Electric Ireland stage.

Could be fun to drop in this time. And yeah, it'll be jammed.

I was probably standing beside you outside. Reason for delay was some fool cut the power supply out the back of the stage. Have a friend who looks after the electric Ireland stage and even she couldnt get me a spot indoors. Depending on who else on might try again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I was probably standing beside you outside. Reason for delay was some fool cut the power supply out the back of the stage. Have a friend who looks after the electric Ireland stage and even she couldnt get me a spot indoors. Depending on who else on might try again this year.

Hmm. Trying to pull in favours to get into the Bonnie Tyler tent, Mucker. Interesting.

I was sitting on a bench close by. Got chatting to a couple from Galway (animators I seem to remember) who were blitzed on pills and repeating the same questions every 3/4 mins. A sound couple but my missus was less tolerant. They were there for Bonnie as well. Maybe a couple of pills would have made Total Eclipse tolerable.

Though hey, I'll probably join you for Ms. Tyler this year. And face the shame on Monday.

I was sitting on a bench close by. Got chatting to a couple from Galway (animators I seem to remember) who were blitzed on pills and repeating the same questions every 3/4 mins. A sound couple but my missus was less tolerant. They were there for Bonnie as well. Maybe a couple of pills would have made Total Eclipse tolerable.

Though hey, I'll probably join you for Ms. Tyler this year. And face the shame on Monday.

You are getting a better reception here than on the atn thread. Some strong opinions over there. Hopefully catch up with you at some stage over the weekend.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hmm. Trying to pull in favours to get into the Bonnie Tyler tent, Mucker. Interesting.

Free drink and reliving my youth got rid of any embarrassment.

• Advertisement

You are getting a better reception here than on the atn thread. Some strong opinions over there. Hopefully catch up with you at some stage over the weekend.

I've got one trolling stalker over there. Everyone else pretty relaxed and positive about stuff bar the anti-children brigade. Will leave them to it now. Sounds like a good fest and would consider it next year with some improvements. Though doing both ATN and EP wouldn't be easy.

Looking like a Roadhouse Doors meet-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Not going to EP but highly recommend catching Yankari if you can. Saw them at the weekend at ATN and they were fantastic. Enjoy folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

2007 was pretty bad. Friends missed acts on the Friday, hours of delay coming from Dublin.
    Getting there early is always a good move - I’d zero delays getting into ATN, or ‘07 EP, through stupid enthusiastic showing up when the gates open.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Has the M7 upgrade been completed? I thought I heard something the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Has the M7 upgrade been completed? I thought I heard something the other day?

Think so but speed limit won't be back up to 120 until October.

Yeah, 3 lanes all the way but mostly 80kmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

One of the days last week I posted saying I am not feeling it for EP at all this year, Stillill was spot on when he said that once ATN passes the excitement levels will rise. Already looking more in depth into the EP lineup than I have in the past couple of weeks and looking forward to it a lot more now, will try and listen to as many acts as I can over the next few weeks to get a full picture of who I will go and see. Had a good time at ATN but it is no picnic yet anyway.

So do we have many more announcements left to come do we think? I know some are expecting another announcement for the main arena, last year there were 91 acts playing across the main stage, EA, RW, LBT & Cosby, so far we have 80 announced.. Would they have another announcement for just 10 or 11 acts? I won't be holding my breathe for any big names anyway.

Then I am guessing we will have the Jerry Fish, Electric Ireland, Freetown stages soon enough. Body & Soul didn't seem to list anything for their Bandstand or Earthship stages yet did they?

Also one more question, has anyone any experience of going down the Thursday? Considering it this year (staying in PM) but not sure if there is much point and if I will be shattered come the Sunday.

I still reckon there's a big act that they are holding back, they did the same with the prodigy last year and that really seemed to kick into action the countdown, I'd say they'll follow suit this year

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

I still reckon there's a big act that they are holding back, they did the same with the prodigy last year and that really seemed to kick into action the countdown, I'd say they'll follow suit this year

How long do we have to wait for the big one then? When did they announce the prodigy last year? Hoping for another headliner, not sure how Hozier would get the crowd going closing out the main stage whichever night he's set to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

He doesn't hate kids at festivals. ATTACK!

• Advertisement

He doesn't hate kids at festivals. ATTACK!

Yeah, that wasn't much fun. Kids is a four letter word.

I saw a couple of Johnny Marr's festival setlist. Only seems to be doing 4 of his own numbers along with 4 Smith's, a couple of Electronic numbers and I feel you by Depeche Mode. I'll enjoy that.

Advertisement