Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

He doesn't hate kids at festivals. ATTACK!

The vitriol was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, that wasn't much fun. Kids is a four letter word.

I saw a couple of Johnny Marr's festival setlist. Only seems to be doing 4 of his own numbers along with 4 Smith's, a couple of Electronic numbers and I feel you by Depeche Mode. I'll enjoy that.

Richard ashcroft does a good few verve numbers as well so two good sets. Not so clear what to expect from jarvis. The bunnymen sets have been good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Richard ashcroft does a good few verve numbers as well so two good sets. Not so clear what to expect from jarvis. The bunnymen sets have been good too.

Going by his All Points East setlist it's one Pulp song (His n Hers), three of his own, one cover and the rest from the album with his new collaborators. Tracks on BBC6 I've heard are good but it's not unmissable stuff for me.

Ashcroft's setlists look great.

Bunnymen sets always good though hopefully they'll drop Walk on the Wild Side and Roadhouse Blues which they always seem to throw in during tracks. Does nothing for me.

Am still optimistic about Tame Impala and it'd be surprising if the Chemicals weren't the dance act if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ficcss wrote: »
    How long do we have to wait for the big one then? When did they announce the prodigy last year? Hoping for another headliner, not sure how Hozier would get the crowd going closing out the main stage whichever night he's set to play...

Announced alongside Picture This on the Friday of ATN last year. I think we'll get something this week, or possibly when ATN announce early birds for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If top tier stays as is I presume its;

Fri: 1975's with Hozier subbing..
    Sat: The Strokes
    Sun: FATM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

Hi All, My money is on the Swedish House Mafia as the unrevealed dance act. Playing the UK on the 24th and not playing Lollapalloza Berlin until the seventh of September! As we know Razorlight self announced and I reckon we'll get Kodaline too!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

Anyone have any idea what the story with crew tickets is? I.E. what are the perks? Do crew have their own campsite?
    Yes there is crew camping! There are also different levels of access some crew stay in performers and some get production access which allows camping to the rear of main stage - bonus close to everything! Couple of showers but manky as they are on site for set up so get a lot of use and are generally not serviced!

Was crew at latitude couple of weeks ago! Super facilities cleaned every morning at 7am and loos hosed out - didn’t encounter a single bad portaloo the entire weekend! In another positive it was predominantly a leave no trace festival - no litter.... no single use plastics and no issues bringing in your booze once decanted- security had cups at all checkpoints to offer for pouring your cans into!! Totally different culture!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Billie Eilish confirmed for Friday via her own Spotify page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Scooby rot wrote: »
    Hi All, My money is on the Swedish House Mafia as the unrevealed dance act. Playing the UK on the 24th and not playing Lollapalloza Berlin until the seventh of September! As we know Razorlight self announced and I reckon we'll get Kodaline too!

C'mon man give me a break, its an actual music festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Boardmasters festival cancelled this weekend due to high wind forecast.

Do the acts still get paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Surely Razorlight as the headliner TBA?
    Saw on here that they had EP in their tour dates published a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Razorlight would be a midrange act no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Definitely, they’re doing some weird festival in Luxembourg and they’re down the bill there, under some acts I can’t even pronounce.

I see EATB are doing a lot of the same dates as Doves... both doing a festival called Victorious the week before EP, which has a decent lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Reading the posts above, I just checked out the Johhny / Richard / Echo setlists. Wow, I cannot wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I would be so so delighted if Doves were announced

Saw on Daithi's Instagam last night that hes not playing EP, strange i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

C'mon man give me a break, its an actual music festival.

I never said it's who I wanted to play! Its who I think will play!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

You're right actually. Would have put them on the same level as the Strokes but apparently not judging by their place in other festival's lineups!

I reckon we're definitely missing a big dance act as a headliner. Orbital or Chemical Brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not in a million years will they be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Based on what? Doesn't seem very EP to me. You made an account to say this ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You're right actually. Would have put them on the same level as the Strokes but apparently not judging by their place in other festival's lineups!

I reckon we're definitely missing a big dance act as a headliner. Orbital or Chemical Brothers?

Yea their popularity has def dropped over the last 10 years, dont think they even sold out the Olympia a few months ago

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hi All, My money is on the Swedish House Mafia

About as likely as me renting my foreskin out as a 2 man tent for the weekend.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not in a million years will they be announced.

their name will be forever stained in ireland....
    i cannot see them being named for what i essentially a child accessible festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

sydthebeat wrote: »
    their name will be forever stained in ireland....
    i cannot see them being named for what i essentially a child accessible festival.
    in fairness, its a very different crowd that were at that infamous gig to the usual crowd at ep, so fairly irrelevant.as much as i still dont see it happening, if they are playing other festivals this summer then i wouldnt be completely surprised to see them play ep

Snarky Snark Snark

in fairness, its a very different crowd that were at that infamous gig to the usual crowd at ep, so fairly irrelevant.as much as i still dont see it happening, if they are playing other festivals this summer then i wouldnt be completely surprised to see them play ep

Doesn’t matter about the crowd, no one wants to be associated with stabbings, it’s a really bad look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vwwv19

What's the story with the today fm competition? Is it still every show they're giving tickets away or is it just once per day now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hot chip dj set for pgymalian in october so no return for them this month. Glad tbh, have to say ive seen them enough at this stage although i would have liked a joe goddard DJ set.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

About as likely as me renting my foreskin out as a 2 man tent for the weekend.

Any tips for keeping cans cold in a prepuce tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So what announcements are still to come.
    I'm talking about acts, not the esb / nivea / tesco / today fm / just eat / theatre of food etc etc.

There should be one more main arena announcement
    Jerry fish hasn't announced his stuff yet
    There's been nothing for Freetown yet
    Mindfield and an puball geal
    Comedy

It's just 3 weeks tomorrow, so there'll probably be an announcement of some kind every other day, including site maps, stage times etc.

Excitement starting to build.

Snarky Snark Snark

Any tips for keeping cans cold in a prepuce tent?

Same as anywhere else really, bag of ice and a cold bag. Ensure to wipe the cheesey bits away daily or else they congeal making the cans difficult to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hi All, My money is on the Swedish House Mafia as the unrevealed dance act. Playing the UK on the 24th and not playing Lollapalloza Berlin until the seventh of September!

Most on here would prefer Underworld who are on the bill of some Irish festival every year. Would be good to get SHM, Martin Garrix & Khalid from that Berlin line up.

Advertisement