Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Most on here would prefer Underworld who are on the bill of some Irish festival every year.

Because they’re a massive legacy act with a quality back catalogue and are established crowd pleasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Most on here would prefer Underworld who are on the bill of some Irish festival every year. Would be good to get SHM, Martin Garrix & Khalid from that Berlin line up.

Stop this nonsense please. I know EP has changed a little in the target demographic, but this poppy EDM/R&B sh1te is not in scope yet.

Did you go to ATN in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Stop this nonsense please. I know EP has changed a little in the target demographic, but this poppy EDM/R&B sh1te is not in scope yet.

It's already happened, avoid the main stage if that isnt your thing and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

You're right actually. Would have put them on the same level as the Strokes but apparently not judging by their place in other festival's lineups!

I reckon we're definitely missing a big dance act as a headliner. Orbital or Chemical Brothers?

Not a big fan of the strokes but status wise they are miles ahead of razor light, can see razor light doing the sun afternoon main stage slot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It's already happened, avoid the main stage if that isnt your thing and you should be fine

Thanks for the advice.

But really, no it hasn't already happened. So far, yes we have had pop .. but zero sh1te EDM/R&B

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.

But really, no it hasn't already happened. So far, yes we have had pop .. but zero sh1te EDM/R&B

i suppose it depends on your definition of EDM, pretty sure Flume, Duke Dumont, Disclosure to name a few have all played from what i remember, not necessarily sh!te but i'd argue EDM. Also lets be fair, Picture This were sub headliners last year, cant ever get worse than that in all reality unless Bressie/The Blizzards decide to turn up

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

About as likely as me renting my foreskin out as a 2 man tent for the weekend.

Is that the same as a Bellend tent in Pink Moon?
    Same as anywhere else really, bag of ice and a cold bag. Ensure to wipe the cheesey bits away daily or else they congeal making the cans difficult to open.

Can you just use a SMEG mini fridge instead:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The bunnymen sets have been good too.

Going to see them next week in W festival. Will try to report back if still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Genghis

Vwwv19 wrote: »
    What's the story with the today fm competition? Is it still every show they're giving tickets away or is it just once per day now?

Think it must be random. Was one all day Monday, several before afternoon yesterday, and unless I missed it none yet today.

I'm hoping to win early so I can tune out asap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Did you go to ATN in the end?

Ok i change my prediction so to Underworld, Tame Impala, Chemical bros, Aphex Twin. happy?

too bad Calvin Harris is stuck in Vegas

No didn't go in the end mate - the traffic jam and sitting inside during the torrential rain Sunday cured the fomo. Delighted its over now so can look ahead to this. Going to go to Foo Fighters in the mean time to tide me over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Hey was wondering if someone could answer the following:

If you have a family weekend camping ticket, can it be used a normal ticket to get your wristband as a single person (staying in pink moon)?

Does a family weekend camping ticket holder have to go through a specific entrance ? I normally go to the car park closest to Pink moon. Will I get in or be redirected?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If you have a family weekend camping ticket, can it be used a normal ticket to get your wristband as a single person (staying in pink moon)?

Does a family weekend camping ticket holder have to go through a specific entrance ? I normally go to the car park closest to Pink moon. Will I get in or be redirected?

Thanks

It can be used as a general ticket, but the usual thing is to try and swap it with someone looking for a family ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Thanks

Don't try bring your family into Pink Moon - the ATN thread posters will be over here any second now to tell you off.

Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks

You can use a family ticket as a normal ticket BUT i would strongly recommend looking to swap with someone chasing a family ticket as they are in very short supply.

Cannot answer the parking question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

on the off chance...

Has anyone found they can't use their eco camping spot?

I'm on the lookout.

ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

What’s with the anti child ATN thing? Was there people for real mad at kids attending!?

I think one of the reasons EP is so chill is because of the family element. Definitely cuts down on the ‘stag’ like behaviours during the day.

Plus it’s funny seeing the ghost of Christmas future as a beleaguered parent desperately tries to convince his child that these crooners are cool despite not being related to minecraft or fortnite.

dansan7 wrote: »
    What’s with the anti child ATN thing? Was there people for real mad at kids attending!?

I think one of the reasons EP is so chill is because of the family element. Definitely cuts down on the ‘stag’ like behaviours during the day.

to be fair, if you bring your child to ep then youre one of those 'hey my son/daughter is my best friend' idiots who probably shouldnt be allowed to have kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Don't try bring your family into Pink Moon - the ATN thread posters will be over here any second now to tell you off.

**grabs pitchfork**

to be fair, if you bring your child to ep then youre one of those 'hey my son/daughter is my best friend' idiots who probably shouldnt be allowed to have kids

Its super how Boards.ie tacitly supports this guff year in year out. :rolleyes:

Wooderson wrote: »
    Its super how Boards.ie tacitly supports this guff year in year out. :rolleyes:

to be fair the acts this year are a bit different, but in general what acts are at ep that most kids would be into? its usually just so that the parents can say 'oh look how cool i am i bring my kids to a music & arts festival' to their friends. remember seeing a number of kids at underworld in 2015 looking bored as anything while a load of 50 year olds were off their faces on pills. as much as its billed as family-friendly ep really isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Let's not do the kids at festivals thing this year eh?

agreed, leave them at home

to be fair the acts this year are a bit different, but in general what acts are at ep that most kids would be into? its usually just so that the parents can say 'oh look how cool i am i bring my kids to a music & arts festival' to their friends. remember seeing a number of kids at underworld in 2015 looking bored as anything while a load of 50 year olds were off their faces on pills. as much as its billed as family-friendly ep really isnt

The significant investment the festival makes with family camping, parking, ever-improving kids field etc shows how family friendly it isn't.

Youre right, the rest of us are wrong.

boards.ie - can't type out the word sh1t but can post this yawntastic anti family guff until the cows come home.

Wooderson wrote: »
    The significant investment the festival makes with family camping, parking, ever-improving kids field etc shows how family friendly it isn't.

Youre right, the rest of us are wrong.

fair enough, but on the other hand when its a festival that largely involves large crowds of people taking drugs/drinking excessively while watching acts that most kids would have no interested in seeing, its still not that family friendly all the same, i do get where youre coming from though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Aha lads just can't wait!! Annually wishing my summer's away just it can be EP time!!

3 weeks away, just in range for ridiculously inaccurate weather forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,631 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Is that very handy FAQ post knocking about? The questions are going to start soon.
    Could the post alone be made a sticky until EP? ‘ every EP question answered without having to deal with the nerds in the EP thread’.

Snarky Snark Snark

Which one? There were mine and mjohnsons ones in the 1st post of the EP 2018 thread, will dig them out.

Who ever starts the thread for next year should really pop them in post #1

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mr. MJohnstons Stylish And Tasty Graphical Listing
    https://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic

My Essay Of Stuffs
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

The map we had from MJohnson we know is out of date now but the rest of the info should be current and there’s other questions in the post here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104606088&postcount=1

Advertisement