Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If other people's kids at festivals annoy you, you are probably doing it wrong.

Mind your own fvcking business and have some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Doesn't matter where you post it, people won't read anything and will just flood the thread with the same questions anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Scooby rot wrote: »
    Hi All, My money is on the Swedish House Mafia as the unrevealed dance act. Playing the UK on the 24th and not playing Lollapalloza Berlin until the seventh of September! As we know Razorlight self announced and I reckon we'll get Kodaline too!

I'd say your right about the Mafia that's why they don't want families and it's going to be cordened off from the main arena. Reckon we'll possibly see a few more big names in Freetown as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

I'd say your right about the Mafia that's why they don't want families and it's going to be cordened off from the main arena. Reckon we'll possibly see a few more big names in Freetown as well..

I also think its why they are delaying as long as possible!! They dont want the counterfeiters to have time to feed a certain element!!! I can see them having the Coronas again as they filled the tent when Massive Attack were headlining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I have a pair of Hi-Tech hiking boots that I used over the last 4 picnic (on top of hikes and general use around the house). Still in good nik.

Last year though, with the hard ground, my feet were pretty sore over the weekend. I got a set of cushion insoles that helped, but thinking of looking for a walking/hiking shoe with a bit more comfort. I wouldn't have long to break them in, so might not be a great idea, but could anyone recommend anything? I see that lidl have Crivit ones in this week, not sure how good they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

LowOdour wrote: »
    I have a pair of Hi-Tech hiking boots that I used over the last 4 picnic (on top of hikes and general use around the house). Still in good nik.

Last year though, with the hard ground, my feet were pretty sore over the weekend. I got a set of cushion insoles that helped, but thinking of looking for a walking/hiking shoe with a bit more comfort. I wouldn't have long to break them in, so might not be a great idea, but could anyone recommend anything? I see that lidl have Crivit ones in this week, not sure how good they are

I got Lidl ones , they’re grand. I haven’t done any mad hikes in them but they do the job out walking the dogs down the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Anyone know if flagpoles are allowed into the campsite? I see on the website that flags are allowed, no word on flagpoles though!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

JustEat just got announced as caterers so no more announcements today it seems like. would be willing to bet we get our fifth big name by friday tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I got Lidl ones , they’re grand. I haven’t done any mad hikes in them but they do the job out walking the dogs down the fields.

i bought lidl ones years ago and gave them to my son for scouts
    he has done countless hikes in them (20 at a guess) and camps
    and has just returned from a ten days hiking in the alps on top of that!
    still holding up!

cheers

Anderson .Paak playing gigs in the UK and Croatia just a few days before EP so definitely a possibility. Amazing show

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've done the last two EPs in the Lidl crivit hiking shoes. No issues at all, I couple them with thick wooly socks.

Definitely break them in well first though so EP isn't your first wear of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For anyone interested here is a playlist of bands i am interested in seeing in the main arena. Where possible list based on recent setlists. Wont be to everyones taste but might help some discover new music https://open.spotify.com/track/4fB1OI42wuC0SirSR64qc1?si=3XlUZfjXScW7YCfcQO6ouA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Robyn has announced North American tour dates today for October

A girl can dream

Rfrip wrote: »

A girl can dream

i think there was a rumour about that she was doing a show in the IMMA like Nick Cave did. but seeing as it's not yet announced and she's in europe a couple weeks before EP i wouldn't rule it out :0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Mucker46 wrote: »
    For anyone interested here is a playlist of bands i am interested in seeing in the main arena. Where possible list based on recent setlists. Wont be to everyones taste but might help some discover new music https://open.spotify.com/track/4fB1OI42wuC0SirSR64qc1?si=3XlUZfjXScW7YCfcQO6ouA

That link is bringing me to a single Sam Fender song! Think Mucker you have more on your list to see than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

That link is bringing me to a single Sam Fender song! Think Mucker you have more on your list to see than that!

Liking Sam myself.

Anyone check out Lets eat Grandma? Few good tunes.

No Alvvays, Wolf Alice type group this year. Searching hard though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

A girl can dream

So can a dirty old monkey

Definitely will try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Starting to really listen to a lot of the bands now in the last few days.

Pillow Queens and Vulpynes are 2 of the best bands I'd never heard of before.
    Looks I'll be spending most of my festival at the Salty Dog at them, Cathy Davey, Otherkin, and TOUTS!

• Advertisement

Starting to really listen to a lot of the bands now in the last few days.

Pillow Queens and Vulpynes are 2 of the best bands I'd never heard of before.
    Looks I'll be spending most of my festival at the Salty Dog at them, Cathy Davey, Otherkin, and TOUTS!

Apparently pillow queens were excellent at ATN. Liking your choices on my list also. Otherkin doing 2 shows one salty dog one main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

If anyone is interested I have a 2 man Bell tent in pink moon to sell. Cost me 470, will take 450 for it. Adverts and donedeal aren't taking any EP ads this year. Just can't go myself, I have the email confs., cr card, etc etc and can meet to show it's genuine. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mulkabu

Is EP streamed on tv like Glastonbury?

Missing for the first time this year after 10 years, graduated to ATN old folks home, have never missed so dunno if shown on tv!

Fingers crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mulkabu wrote: »
    Is EP streamed on tv like Glastonbury?

Missing for the first time this year after 10 years, graduated to ATN old folks home, have never missed so dunno if shown on tv!

Fingers crossed....

RTÉ have had some coverage in the past but I think it was scaled down last year. Their coverage was quite limited though as they didn’t have rights to broadcast the bulk of the acts that you might want to see.

RTÉ have had some coverage in the past but I think it was scaled down last year. Their coverage was quite limited though as they didn’t have rights to broadcast the bulk of the acts that you might want to see.

No coverage last year and pretty poor previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    Anderson .Paak playing gigs in the UK and Croatia just a few days before EP so definitely a possibility. Amazing show

Nice little gap for Ireland to be there on the 30th ;) Praying for him.

And salty dog. Hope someone discovers something new in these playlists plenty of new stuff for me to go see
    https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/4Pstmaq9A4h4GkBfYddLEQ?si=Kj2qFkYmTgyLr9euU1jLxg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

And salty dog. Hope someone discovers something new in these playlists plenty of new stuff for me to go see
    https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/4Pstmaq9A4h4GkBfYddLEQ?si=Kj2qFkYmTgyLr9euU1jLxg

Doing God's work Mucker.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm liking what I'm hearing of state lights.
    Very Keane, which is very much my guilty pleasure.

Advertisement