Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

When I was trying to buy tickets earlier I put two loyalty tickets into my basket and I've just realised the browser is still open and asking for a code. I haven't received mine yet (I have applied) anyone have a spare one? Doubt it will work at this stage but cosing the page feels wrong without trying! Anyone have one they can PM me?? Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I'm very tempted to put my tickets up on adverts or donedeal for €3,000 for fun just to see the reaction from the hysterical media :)

Or ebay and put in a false bid of €2500 - that would really get the indo going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bad stuff - Kodaline, The Academic
    Bearable - Hozier, Little Green Cars, Snow Patrol
    Rising acts returning - Touts, Murder Capital, Fontaines DC, Seamus Fogarty, David Keenan (all in the bigger tents this time)
    Hip-hop - Childish Gambino, Rejjie Snow, De La Soul/Public Enemy
    Indie - Foals/Radiohead/Libertines/Alt-J/The Cure/Arcade Fire
    Heritage act- A-ha, Pixies

Only just realised Rejjie Snow wasn't there this year. Odd since he had an album out. No Paul Alwright either, was there?

Also, it still baffles me that the Pixies have never played. Surely an ideal EP band? (Or at least they were a few years ago! Not as sure about that with the capacity increases..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

marpad wrote: »
    When I was trying to buy tickets earlier I put two loyalty tickets into my basket and I've just realised the browser is still open and asking for a code. I haven't received mine yet (I have applied) anyone have a spare one? Doubt it will work at this stage but cosing the page feels wrong without trying! Anyone have one they can PM me?? Thanks in advance

You did see the notification of it being sold out?

Snarky Snark Snark

Would rather sh*t in my hands and clap than go see Arctic Monkeys again.

I love you and want to have your babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Only just realised Rejjie Snow wasn't there this year. Odd since he had an album out. No Paul Alwright either, was there?

Also, it still baffles me that the Pixies have never played. Surely an ideal EP band? (Or at least they were a few years ago! Not as sure about that with the capacity increases..."

Veery unlikely to be headliners now, but could be subs or the Garbage/Stranglers late afternoon slot.

And given your handle I'd adore the return of Wilco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

jonny_b wrote: »
    The only way I can see them expanding the main arena is by moving pink moon camping to another area as that is a good chunk of the main field

PM could be moved to the field between Hendrix and the Timaohoe road. There is space down there. Miles from the main arena. I think there is currently performer camping down there, which could be moved across the timahoe road.

Alternatively, the entire wooded area including Wilde could become part of the main arena and Wilde could be moved to the field I mentioned above. But that would mean that Salty Dog / Other Voices etc would be part of the main arena. There would be war!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Veery unlikely to be headliners now, but could be subs or the Garbage/Stranglers late afternoon slot.

And given your handle I'd adore the return of Wilco.

Pixies could headline Cosby or Rankin easily IMHO

everlast75 wrote: »

At the very least EA headliners or decent main stage slot. Still a big draw.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to put my tickets up on adverts or donedeal for €3,000 for fun just to see the reaction from the hysterical media :)

Or ebay and put in a false bid of €2500 - that would really get the indo going :D

Fake News

• Advertisement

I love you and want to have your babies.

Scatology fetish?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

It saddens me greatly that The Pixies are referred to as a heritage act. A band responsible for so much greatness that followed and gave a platform for great independent music to be heard by the masses. It also saddens me greatly that it is not 1992 and I am not 18.

Snarky Snark Snark

Scatology fetish?

just a love of a good filthy turn of phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Scatology fetish?

I’m both flattered and slightly scared

just a love of a good filthy turn of phrase

Nicely edited!

Snarky Snark Snark

i thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

everlast75 wrote: »
    At the very least EA headliners or decent main stage slot. Still a big draw.
    setanta74 wrote: »
    It saddens me greatly that The Pixies are referred to as a heritage act. A band responsible for so much greatness that followed and gave a platform for great independent music to be heard by the masses. It also saddens me greatly that it is not 1992 and I am not 18.

The Pixies would fill and blow the roof off the Electric Arena. It may not be 1992 but they still have a catalogue that would put any modern band I can think of to shame. A Saturday in Stradbally with These Charming Men followed by the Pixies is my idea of heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

On the subject of more space, I really could see them moving Pink Moon and using that space to increase the size of the main arena. That and maybe opening up some of the production area behind Mindfield. Were Electric Arena, Rankins, Cosby and The Little Big Tent all a bit bigger this year, or am I imagining things? They could all do with a bit of separation.

Another thing that could done is that the funfair could be moved somewhere else. The Global Green / Greencrafts area could really do with being more attached to the Body and Soul area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

In other news, if those scallywags at Ticketmaster swindled you out of your rightful 3 or more code, badger them to within an inch of their grubby lives. I've been reimbursed. This was their message:

For this process to work you must be opted in. The process needs your email address being signed up each year that you attended. For example signing up this year will not apply to historic years. This is a marketing mail and we must be complaint for data protection/GDPR. Unfortunately it is not a straightforward process.
    I reviewed your previous attendance and have applied the 3 loyalty rate. €20 has been refunded to your card.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Can someone also edit the first post to tell people with flags to F**K OFF?

At the very least they should be banned from the crowds in front of a stage.

This is not Glastonbury, and from what I can see, I think they look annoying there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Judes wrote: »
    HELP!!!

I followed instruction from a previous poster last night and emailed Ticket Master - I got a reply - NO HELP - so I re-replied - anyway they advise me to get on to their site www.ticketmaster.ie/help - I did - NO HELP!!! I've tried phoning the Ticket Master help line - NO HELP - they just state they are busy and cut you off telling you to call back later. I'm at work - so struggling to do this. I just want to know HOW HOW HOW to get a loyalty code ref as I've now attended 3 picnics. This is ridiculous I just don't know what to do - I only have 2 wrist bands for 2017 and 2018 but do have the Lanyard of Programme from 2016.

Can anyone advise me what to do as the Ticket Master site is no help whatsoever.

I am GUTTED - so I walked into my usual Ticketmaster Outlet today, at lunch time, where I usually just go in with the cash and buy tickets to anything Ticketmaster related - to ask how to do the "loyalty" thing - just to get the info - my nephew was able to confirm he had the 3 wrist bands where as I only had 2 - so I thought perfect - now covered with proof of attending 3 festivals - to be told "It's sold out" I laughed at her and said can't be - I always get the tickets around November - no she said it's totally sold out. Then I thought she must be talking about Early Bird Tickets and she advised no - all tickets - loyalty etc.

So how can there be another 2,500 tickets for sale and yet we can't get them - are the Ticket Touts grabbing them cheap to make big profit? Seriously, I tried so many emails to Ticket Master yesterday the day they were issuing the loyalty refs.

So now it comes down I can't go to the Festival - as I'm not buying a ticket in October - when Pink Moon could be sold out by then. And I'm not booking Pink Moon in advance in case I can't get a ticket full stop.

So huge disappointment. But at least I have "It Takes a Village" in May in Cork - and I don't care what the weather will be like - it's under cover. Still gutted about EP. I don't think there's any chance of getting tickets in October either way.

Judes wrote: »
    I am GUTTED - so I walked into my usual Ticketmaster Outlet today, at lunch time, where I usually just go in with the cash and buy tickets to anything Ticketmaster related - to ask how to do the "loyalty" thing - just to get the info - my nephew was able to confirm he had the 3 wrist bands where as I only had 2 - so I thought perfect - now covered with proof of attending 3 festivals - to be told "It's sold out" I laughed at her and said can't be - I always get the tickets around November - no she said it's totally sold out. Then I thought she must be talking about Early Bird Tickets and she advised no - all tickets - loyalty etc.

So how can there be another 2,500 tickets for sale and yet we can't get them - are the Ticket Touts grabbing them cheap to make big profit? Seriously, I tried so many emails to Ticket Master yesterday the day they were issuing the loyalty refs.

So now it comes down I can't go to the Festival - as I'm not buying a ticket in October - when Pink Moon could be sold out by then. And I'm not booking Pink Moon in advance in case I can't get a ticket full stop.

So huge disappointment. But at least I have "It Takes a Village" in May in Cork - and I don't care what the weather will be like - it's under cover. Still gutted about EP. I don't think there's any chance of getting tickets in October either way.

More tickets will be released in the new year. Full price albeit, but there will be loads of tickets yet.

More tickets will be released in the new year. Full price albeit, but there will be loads of tickets yet.

I think there will be a batch sold at the next stage for 205e, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Logic remains appalling.

What is in the Logic area anyway? I've always avoided it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Can someone also edit the first post to tell people with flags to F**K OFF?

At the very least they should be banned from the crowds in front of a stage.

This is not Glastonbury, and from what I can see, I think they look annoying there too.
    Only idiots fly flags at festivals. They should be barred from entering the festival site

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The Pixies would fill and blow the roof off the Electric Arena. It may not be 1992 but they still have a catalogue that would put any modern band I can think of to shame. A Saturday in Stradbally with These Charming Men followed by the Pixies is my idea of heaven.

Still have me Pixies Lansdowne Road tee shirt from 05 when they were supported by Kings of Leon before they turned into U2. Savage night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Lads, if you didn't get a loyalty code get on to TM pronto. I told them I was never sent one so bought regular so as not to miss out:
    Hi Captain Flaps.

I can confirm the loyalty rate has now been applied to your 2019 order ##-#####
    €28 has been refunded to your card and the remaining payments will be at the loyalty rate.

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

rang ticketba$tard help desk to complain about loyalty codes not working at 9:05 this morning..... and about getting a 1/2 code instead of a 3+ code.....

and they are going to retrospectively change the tickets to the €165 loyalty rather than the €205 early bird !!

so after all my mornings panicking, im rather happy now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

thebusher wrote: »
    Still have me Pixies Lansdowne Road tee shirt from 05 when they were supported by Kings of Leon before they turned into U2. Savage night.

I WAS THERE TOO! WHAT A NIGHT!

• Advertisement

me too. Sound was a bit sh1t where we were but a great gig

Advertisement