Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

everlast75 wrote: »

Anyone check out Lets eat Grandma? Few good tunes.

Let's eat Grandma - BELIEVE

Several good tunes I suggest. I think they might be my No. 1 band to see at the festival.

This song is f&%kin' amazing for kids their age.

Let's pack whatever tent they're in out for them people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm liking what I'm hearing of state lights.
    Very Keane, which is very much my guilty pleasure.

Saw them last year very good set lead singer got quite emotional.

Several good tunes I suggest. I think they might be my No. 1 band to see at the festival.

Keep moving from i like them to not so sure but if no major clash will go see them.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Saw them last year very good set lead singer got quite emotional.

I actually remember seeing them last year now... Lead singer wore one of those denim jackets with the wooly collar??
    And the singer from the academic joined them for a song....

Great singer if a bit earnest..

I actually remember seeing them last year now... Lead singer wore one of those denim jackets with the wooly collar??
    And the singer from the academic joined them for a song....

Great singer if a bit earnest..

Thats the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Nice one thanks both for the tip... like Hanson vs the Polyphonic spree whilst on acid, with influences from hot chip vs the war on drugs :)

Must check a few more of their tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

This question has probably been answered but all this talk of early entry has me intrigued! Is there a cut off point of when you can enter the campsite/ arena on the Friday night?

Wont be able to leave work until around 8:30pm on the Thursday so id say I would arrive around 10pm? Staying in the pink moon so wouldnt need to pitch a tent, would it be worth going down?

Will I get in, will there be much on after 11pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

LowOdour wrote: »
    I have a pair of Hi-Tech hiking boots that I used over the last 4 picnic (on top of hikes and general use around the house). Still in good nik.

Last year though, with the hard ground, my feet were pretty sore over the weekend. I got a set of cushion insoles that helped, but thinking of looking for a walking/hiking shoe with a bit more comfort. I wouldn't have long to break them in, so might not be a great idea, but could anyone recommend anything? I see that lidl have Crivit ones in this week, not sure how good they are

Have a look out for Puma RS-X or you can find Thunder Spectra's on sale now for less than half price. Not a hiking boot but big chunky sneakers a bit like the 90's Acupuncture ones, most comfortable shoes i've had in a long time, you feet will love you. Well able for all terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have a look out for Puma RS-X or you can find Thunder Spectra's on sale now for less than half price.

Where might one find the half price pumas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LowOdour wrote: »
    I have a pair of Hi-Tech hiking boots that I used over the last 4 picnic (on top of hikes and general use around the house). Still in good nik.

Last year though, with the hard ground, my feet were pretty sore over the weekend. I got a set of cushion insoles that helped, but thinking of looking for a walking/hiking shoe with a bit more comfort. I wouldn't have long to break them in, so might not be a great idea, but could anyone recommend anything? I see that lidl have Crivit ones in this week, not sure how good they are
    TK Maxx can be great for stuff like that. But it's very hit and miss.

Where might one find the half price pumas?

Some for sale on the Puma website or try m&m direct or one of those...

https://eu.puma.com/ie/en/mens/shoes/sneakers#prefv1=RS-X&prefn1=subcatID

https://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/mens/trainers?device_type=0&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/website%3E{mandmire}/productsalesgender%3E{mens}/category%3E{trainers}/brand%3E{puma}&fh_view_size=96

Spectra Thunder and RS-X's are the chunky ones...get a size and a half, if your at the top end of a 10 get an 11..there a snug fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Some for sale on the Puma website or try m&m direct or one of those...

https://eu.puma.com/ie/en/mens/shoes/sneakers#prefv1=RS-X&prefn1=subcatID

https://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/mens/trainers?device_type=0&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/website%3E{mandmire}/productsalesgender%3E{mens}/category%3E{trainers}/brand%3E{puma}&fh_view_size=96

Spectra Thunder and RS-X's are the chunky ones...get a size and a half, if your at the top end of a 10 get an 11..there a snug fit.

Comfy for sure, but wont stop the piss leaking into your socks around the urinals!

Comfy for sure, but wont stop the piss leaking into your socks around the urinals!

if you take your dick out of your pants first it will help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

mulkabu wrote: »
    Is EP streamed on tv like Glastonbury?

Missing for the first time this year after 10 years, graduated to ATN old folks home, have never missed so dunno if shown on tv!

Fingers crossed....

Its not great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

What's all this about an announcement at noon?
    (From EP Banter Facebook group)

rubick wrote: »
    What's all this about an announcement at noon?
    (From EP Banter Facebook group)

Jonathon healy on Newstalk just said that the new announcements for EP sounds like something youd see off an early "Now thats what id call music" album....

i havent see anything on line yet... so did he let something slip??

Jonathon healy on Newstalk just said that the new announcements for EP sounds like something youd see off an early "Now thats what id call music" album....

That's probably a reference to Bonnie Tyler yesterday, probably announce a few more for the throwback stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That could be quite positive.

Bananarama II: The Revenge

• Advertisement

That's probably a reference to Bonnie Tyler yesterday, probably announce a few more for the throwback stage.

maybe, i kinda had to take a bit of a double-take when he said it.. he was talking to that Hotpress journalist that Pat Kenny has on.. and it sounded like he was referring to more than one act

rubick wrote: »
    Bananarama II: The Revenge

Talk about a cruel summer :(

Talk about a cruel summer :(

The 12" of that is some tune, lads.

maybe, i kinda had to take a bit of a double-take when he said it.. he was talking to that Hotpress journalist that Pat Kenny has on.. and it sounded like he was referring to more than one act

Beach boys and Neil Young bootlegs? Are they already announced?

Nasty rumour Mark McCabe will be announced :(

Beach boys and Neil Young bootlegs? Are they already announced?

smiths and doors bootlegs so far... havent seen Beach boys or Neil Young, but i would expect Neil Young anyway

Nasty rumour Mark McCabe will be announced :(

be gas if hes the "big dance act" :D

be gas if hes the "big dance act" :D

2 things that make my eyes roll so far back in my head;

1) anybody singing along with an Ace of Base song
    2) people losing their sh1t to Maniac 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Didn't Mark McCabe play in the Throwback Stage 3 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Didn't Mark McCabe play in the Throwback Stage 3 years ago?

good legacy act

Advertisement