Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Mr. MJohnstons Stylish And Tasty Graphical Listing
    https://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic

"Condoms - Recommended" - you dirty dogs.

Still in too minds whether to go with a group staying in Joplin or to stick with my 2 man tent in Pink Moon.
    Probably would regret leaving my comforts but would end up doing all the organsing for the other mate
    going to Pink moon which would be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Beach boys and Neil Young bootlegs? Are they already announced?

Yes, trailer park stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sydthebeat wrote: »
    smiths and doors bootlegs so far... havent seen Beach boys or Neil Young, but i would expect Neil Young anyway

All 4 have already been announced. Hopefully Pogueology will be announced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm sick of this Throwback Ireland sh1t, we never had this rubbish at the early Picnics such as 2005 and 2007, why do we really need them now, why not just concentrate on building a good main arena lineup instead.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Campervan ticket arrived today. Hurrah! Didn't realise it's open from Thursday. We wouldn't have the van on Thursday anyway but does anyone know if the area will fill up on Thursday? Are we gonna be shoved down the back if we arrive on Friday lunchtime?

Yes we arrived 2/3ish last year and were in back field/overflow as it was,,some trek up through beirut.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I'm sick of this Throwback Ireland sh1t, we never had this rubbish at the early Picnics such as 2005 and 2007, why do we really need them now, why not just concentrate on building a good main arena lineup instead.

theyre not mutually exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Love to see Cyndi Lauper added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

All 4 have already been announced. Hopefully Pogueology will be announced too.

When were beach boys and neil young bootlegs announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mucker46 wrote: »
    When were beach boys and neil young bootlegs announced

18th June

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/trailer-park-line-here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Underworld to play on Friday or Sunday (Prediction)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I don't mind the idea, but it's shocking how much traction and air time some of these acts get. If announced for the main stages it would be "the worst festival ever" but seems acceptable to put on absolute ****e on there, everyone raves and shares the hell out it on social M. But don't actually go to the gig!! ??puzzled

Arrrgg Freetown...other acts I just need to know!! then I can go back to work. Forget storm area 51, let's storm FR offices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fatfrog wrote: »
    But don't actually go to the gig!! ??puzzled

People will buzz in for one or two songs and then bail out when they realise they've no interest otherwise

It's an absolute waste of an area IMO

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

maximoose wrote: »

It's an absolute waste of an area IMO

ive seen it packed to the gills for ace of bass and jonny logan....

so its not a waste of space if it gets THAT crowd away from other stages :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

WM18 wrote: »
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Campervan ticket arrived today. Hurrah! Didn't realise it's open from Thursday. We wouldn't have the van on Thursday anyway but does anyone know if the area will fill up on Thursday? Are we gonna be shoved down the back if we arrive on Friday lunchtime?

Yes we arrived 2/3ish last year and were in back field/overflow as it was,,some trek up through beirut.........
    I checked with the place we're getting the campervan from and apparently past Molly is a genius and booked it from Thursday anyway so we'll be leaving Belfast around 1pm on Thursday to head down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Pink moon got back to me incase anyone had the same question as me earlier, Thursday night check in closes at midnight!

Anyone live near Stradbally with a drone get some sneaky footage of Freetown and the current set up presume they're well into getting things together at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

sydthebeat wrote:
    smiths and doors bootlegs so far... havent seen Beach boys or Neil Young, but i would expect Neil Young anyway

Trailor Park

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Got to be an announcement today, remaining main arena acts or Freetown??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

My freetown hopes are

Underworld
    Bicep
    Lauer
    Royscopp
    Krystal Klear
    Todd Terje
    DJ Koze
    Fatima Yamaha
    Paul Kalkbrenner

• Advertisement

Comedy Announcement

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/comedy-electric-picnic-2019

FOIL ARMS AND HOG – DAVID O’DOHERTY – DANIEL SLOSS – JASON BYRNE - ABANDOMAN – ARDAL O’HANLON – DEIRDRE O’KANE

LORDS OF STRUT – FRED COOKE – MAISE ADAM – BERNARD O’SHEA

PAUL CURRIE – TONY CANTWELL – KAI HUMPHRIES – FR. DAMO – JOE ROONEY JOHN COLLEARY – DANNY O’BRIEN – GEAROID FARRELLY

KEVIN MCGAHERN - JOHN LYNN - JULIE JAY….. PLUS MUCH MORE

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Rfrip wrote: »
    My freetown hopes are

Underworld
    Bicep
    Lauer
    Royscopp
    Krystal Klear
    Todd Terje
    DJ Koze
    Fatima Yamaha

Add Paul Kalkbrenner to that list!

Ficcss wrote: »
    Add Paul Kalkbrenner to that list!

Yes totally forgot about him!!! post fixed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

if you spot a fat bald lad punching Deirdre O Kane square in the face
    while exclaiming "deliver this you f**kin b*tch"
    that will be myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

if you spot a fat bald lad punching Deirdre O Kane square in the face
    while exclaiming "deliver this you f**kin b*tch"
    that will be myself!

bit harsh, jason byrne ardal o hanlon fred cooke joe rooney and bernard casey are all much much more deserving of a punch in the face for being oxygen-thieving 'comedians'

Ficcss wrote: »

Anyone live near Stradbally with a drone get some sneaky footage of Freetown and the current set up presume they're well into getting things together at this stage :D

Bit too early yet I reckon. Maybe Carlow weather could take his drone out again. We got some stunning pics on here a few days before 2016 (I think) pink moon looked awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Underworld

If booked, they will be main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

If booked, they will be main stage.

Definitely - and a welcome return it would be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bit too early yet I reckon. Maybe Carlow weather could take his drone out again. We got some stunning pics on here a few days before 2016 (I think) pink moon looked awesome.

I’ll be there for the media day and can post some shots that evening... will also do some live stuff on our Insta page if anyone is interested.
    (Oops forgot to mention I’m a long time lurker, love reading this thread every year and 10th EP this year for me!)

Advertisement