Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

dusters wrote: »
    I’ll be there for the media day and can post some shots that evening... will also do some live stuff on our Insta page if anyone is interested.
    (Oops forgot to mention I’m a long time lurker, love reading this thread every year and 10th EP this year for me!)

18 post in 15 years haha :eek:

long time lurker indeed :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

rubick wrote: »
    Definitely - and a welcome return it would be too.

Totally agree. Would much prefer them to be announced than the chemical brothers

Wasnt a huge fan of the chemicals brothers the two times ive seen them at EP tbh, i just find that they just go through the motions or something. Can never get into them at it. Yet i love their singles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

Rfrip wrote: »
    Totally agree. Would much prefer them to be announced than the chemical brothers

Wasnt a huge fan of the chemicals brothers the two times ive seen them at EP tbh, i just find that they just go through the motions or something. Can never get into them at it. Yet i love their singles

I know what you mean re: the Chems, although I was lucky enough to see them at Glastonbury this year and it was one of the sets of the week. They did go through a phase of albums that I wasn't too bothered about ('Come With Us' and 'Push The Button'), but 'No Geography' is a really strong release and provides some brilliant opportunities for ravin' the bit out in a field!

I'd love to hear some of the new Underworld material live, doesn't look like I'll be able to catch this tour so a Stradbally gig would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Saw Deirdre O Kane last weekend.
    Lots of goss and gags about dancing with the stars.
    I loved it as I am a fan so avoid if its not your thing.

Its comedians that have to use bad language to get a laugh annoys me...
    Too many to name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

dusters wrote: »
    I’ll be there for the media day and can post some shots that evening... will also do some live stuff on our Insta page if anyone is interested.
    (Oops forgot to mention I’m a long time lurker, love reading this thread every year and 10th EP this year for me!)

Nice one, any date fixed yet? Link your Insta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Video unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Video unavailable.
    must have been deleted since I posted it, it was the full gig livestream of The Strokes at Lollapalooza last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

If anyone is still following, The Offspring added another show on their European tour in Portugal a week before EP, come on lads just a quick stopover on yere way home for the US leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maximoose wrote: »
    People will buzz in for one or two songs and then bail out when they realise they've no interest otherwise

It's an absolute waste of an area IMO

Agree, they should bring the Cubatron or as its called in the video cube-a-tron back from 2008 and place it instead of the Electric Ireland stage. :) :cool:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Breeno98

What’s the best car park to go to? Or tips on getting the best parking spot? Coming on Thursday afternoon so should hopefully have good priority.

Also what’s the Thursday like anyway? Roughly how many people go? Hoping that we can do atleast 2 trips to the car through the evening but if queues getting in are bad then that will be unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Breeno98 wrote:
    What’s the best car park to go to? Or tips on getting the best parking spot? Coming on Thursday afternoon so should hopefully have good priority.

Well that depends on what campsite your going to, go back a few pages and get the info graphic about the campsites in relation to their proximity to the arena and how quiet vthey are etc.
    Breeno98 wrote:
    Also what’s the Thursday like anyway? Roughly how many people go? Hoping that we can do atleast 2 trips to the car through the evening but if queues getting in are bad then that will be unlikely.

As far as I know there's nothing announced for the Thursday night as of yet. I know last year they had an all female comedian lineup.

You will see little or no queues going in on the Thursday, Thursday tickets are quite limited, you'll be fine. You'll also have plenty of time to do two runs, no point killing yourself by trying to do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

endainoz wrote: »
    Well that depends on what campsite your going to, go back a few pages and get the info graphic about the campsites in relation to their proximity to the arena and how quiet vthey are etc.

As far as I know there's nothing announced for the Thursday night as of yet. I know last year they had an all female comedian lineup.

You will see little or no queues going in on the Thursday, Thursday tickets are quite limited, you'll be fine. You'll also have plenty of time to do two runs, no point killing yourself by trying to do one.

Thursday lineup bottom of page

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/hazel-wood-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

ok guys, potentially stupid question that's just occurred to me. If I'm going down in my campervan on Thursday night, I'll need the early entry Thursday ticket too yeah?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    ok guys, potentially stupid question that's just occurred to me. If I'm going down in my campervan on Thursday night, I'll need the early entry Thursday ticket too yeah?

No a campervan pass will automatically allow you to enter site on Thursday no early entry ticket necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Upto what time on Thursday night will you be able to check into Eco Camping? Already have the pass.

Is there any food stalls open on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

tvercetti wrote: »
    Upto what time on Thursday night will you be able to check into Eco Camping? Already have the pass.

Not sure about eco but regarding food stalls yep a lot opened last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No a campervan pass will automatically allow you to enter site on Thursday no early entry ticket necessary.

Awesome. I was hoping that was the case cos none of us have the early entry tickets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

But .... last year I left campervans about 11 heading towards salty dog. Wristband spot was closed and I had to beg the security to let me down without a wristband. Eventually they let me go as I had a ticket with me. Was mega nervous of that ticket for the next few hours in my drunk pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Okay, so someone told me a few weeks ago I need an early entry ticket to get in thurs night with a caravan.
    So I bought 2 early tickets that I now know I dont need ffs! What a waste of 50euro, any suggestions what to do with early entry tickets? Doubt if I can sell them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Okay, so someone told me a few weeks ago I need an early entry ticket to get in thurs night with a caravan.
    So I bought 2 early tickets that I now know I dont need ffs! What a waste of 50euro, any suggestions what to do with early entry tickets? Doubt if I can sell them on!

Use them to give that person some nasty paper cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Jmorris93

Hey pals, what are the Thursday queues like? First time with an early pass

But .... last year I left campervans about 11 heading towards salty dog. Wristband spot was closed and I had to beg the security to let me down without a wristband. Eventually they let me go as I had a ticket with me. Was mega nervous of that ticket for the next few hours in my drunk pocket.

Pablo is it just camper vans they let in on Thursday, I can't remember if they also let in caravans too. I only worked the camper van field at EP in 2012 one day so I can't remember if caravans got in as well, just to reassure people like Bruce2008 as I don't want him to get rid of early entry tickets just yet until its established that both types of vehicle can get Thursday entry.

Edit: Scratch that just copied this from EP site, Bruce you can probably sell those on toutless the early entry tickets.

From EP website. 'CAMPERVANS AND CARAVANS
    The general campervan & caravan campsite is open from Thursday 29th August at 4pm.

Campervans, a caravan with a towing vehicle and a trailer tent with towing vehicle will each be class as a UNIT and will require a caravan/campervan ticket.

Every occupant of the campervan/caravan must have a valid weekend camping ticket to gain entry to the campervan/caravan field.
    You will receive a sticker in the post to put on your vehicle windscreen so you can gain access to the campervan/caravan field.
    Towing vehicles must remain with the caravan at all times.
    There is NO water or electricity hook up available. There will be a water point and waste tank in the campsite for general use.
    No tents or awnings may be erected in the campervan/caravan fields, for fire safety reasons.
    Campervan/caravans are only allowed to be parked in the designated fields and not in the car parks. Sleeping is not permitted in any vehicles in the car parks.
    We have two campervan areas on site – you will need to purchase a campervan ticket to obtain parking and set up in these areas:

Family campervan only available with family camping tickets.
    ​Standard campervan only available with standard weekend tickets.
    As part of our terms and conditions we do not permit makeshift campervans/caravans on site at our events. Many won’t have sufficient ventilation, water or door separation, and the risk from the gas and fire is an obvious one. The decision that your campervan or caravan meets the criteria is made by the Campervan area manager.'

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Musta been a few drop-outs in the Tour de Picnic as finally got sorted with a ticket, only the small matter of an 80k cycle now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

D.Q wrote: »
    18 post in 15 years haha :eek:

long time lurker indeed :pac::pac:

😂🙈
    Yup I’m hopeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Nice one, any date fixed yet? Link your Insta

It’s usually the Tuesday before!
    I’ll link Insta closer to the time otherwise ye will be bombarded with cute newborn photos from the day job on a daily basis 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Just a quick one about Eco Camping I usually camp up the back of the 2nd Joplin field its probably the furthest you can get from the entrance. I usually don't mind the extra walking for the space and the relative peace and quiet. Last year the walking took its toll and I have a Eco spot sorted. Just wondering how nice is it and is there a decent bit of space can't be handling tents on top of each other anymore. Don't mind the extra noise from Rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

haitens wrote: »
    Just a quick one about Eco Camping I usually camp up the back of the 2nd Joplin field its probably the furthest you can get from the entrance. I usually don't mind the extra walking for the space and the relative peace and quiet. Last year the walking took its toll and I have a Eco spot sorted. How much space is in the Eco site can't be handling tents on top of each other anymore.

Tents aren't on top of each other, but it is usually busy enough. You'll have a fair amount of space around your tent, and if you've got friends with you and organise it well, you can easily have a little area between your tents to chill. Some spots in the area might be less busy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

tvercetti wrote: »

Don't think eco opens on Thursday at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

griffdaddy wrote: »

It did last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

griffdaddy wrote: »

It does, from 4pm. We had our tent up last year in Eco for 5pm.

Advertisement