Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

im hoping there's some sort of security check before going to see bernard casey or the 2 johnnies, if you want to see them you have to agree to be sterilised and remove yourself from the gene pool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah things were seriously negative last year alright and as usual they pulled it out of the bag.

I remember hearing all this talk of like 'i know it's sold out but if we keep getting shafted with below standard acts it won't sell out next year as their image will be totally tarnished etc'

Another more informed poster then said that festival republic took over Glastonbury and played a big part in what it is now and that they probably have the same long term plan for EP.

I'd be inclined to agree with the latter alright, not saying it'll get gigantic 100k+ or anything but it's well established now. It's longevity is proof of that. 15 straight years is unprecedented for a large festival in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not feeling positive for the Foo Fighters gig in Boucher Rd on the 19th if this rain keeps up. It'll be a ****ing swamp.

And no festival will ever compare to the mudfest of Witness 2002 (IIRC).

I had to go back and look at the lineups. 2002 was my first attempt at camping. We made an absolute mess of setting up our tent and when we went back to our tent that night there was about two inches of water in the tent. We ended up just going back to some session in some tent.

AFAIK as I remember it was a scorcher the next day. I have a memory of people using open air showers? Or just washing themselves down at the water points? Was there even shower facilities in the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

I hear they're installing a monorail round the site this year.

rubick wrote: »

it certainly put north haverbrook on the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They'd never get planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Monorail you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Poorside wrote: »
    There’s been an announcement

A shîte one though.
    This is hilarious. I was just talking about these two this morning cos they're from my town. It's a great success for them and I probably will go along to their set to support them but it's a terrible announcement from a musical pov. Was expecting more.

Have Razorlight STILL not been announced? Kinda a joke at this stage if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭rubick

everlast75 wrote: »
    Monorail you say?

Running afterhours from Warhol/Hendrix - Body & Soul - Main Stage - Salty Dog - Trenchtown - Rave In The Woods.

"The Chew-as"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

everlast75 wrote:
    Monorail you say?

The ring came of my pudding can..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This is hilarious. I was just talking about these two this morning cos they're from my town. It's a great success for them and I probably will go along to their set to support them but it's a terrible announcement from a musical pov. Was expecting more.

Have Razorlight STILL not been announced? Kinda a joke at this stage if so.

Razorlight are the only reason I am thinking there will be another announcement, there are around 10 acts on the main stages less than last year so hopefully we will get something with around 15 acts or so in the next week or two. It would be great if Razorlight weren't the biggest act on the announcement.

Still Freetown to come as well.. Although we have no idea whether that will be just local/Irish DJs or some international names too.

It would be great if Razorlight weren't on the announcement.

i corrected that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

You forgot this one in Tramore, Waterford from 1993.

4c18fab341cf730bba4ec5ec5c9f27b8.jpg

Wow. Just bona fide legend after legend there. And many great Irish acts in their prime.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Wow. Just bona fide legend after legend there. And many great Irish acts in their prime.

the last four lines on each day would even have loads of draw for me.... Lir, Mary Janes, Scary Eire, power of dreams, golden horde, the pale, blink, puppy love bomb !!!

great memories of the early days of no disco with Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah things were seriously negative last year alright and as usual they pulled it out of the bag.

I remember hearing all this talk of like 'i know it's sold out but if we keep getting shafted with below standard acts it won't sell out next year as their image will be totally tarnished etc'

Another more informed poster then said that festival republic took over Glastonbury and played a big part in what it is now and that they probably have the same long term plan for EP.

I'd be inclined to agree with the latter alright, not saying it'll get gigantic 100k+ or anything but it's well established now. It's longevity is proof of that. 15 straight years is unprecedented for a large festival in Ireland.

And sixteen Picnics in that time. Some with more quality acts than others but all with impressive lineups. And it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Navan Man01

Anyone think this two johnies lark stinks of red herring? Not even up on official site!!
    Still plenty to come I reckon, this was Whoever runs the FB page takin d piss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Anyone think this two johnies lark stinks of red herring? Not even up on official site!!
    Still plenty to come I reckon, this was Whoever runs the FB page takin d piss

Unfortunately no.

It is very unfortunate, imagine the horror of gettin ur timings wrong & tippin along to trailer park only to find urself knee deep in 2 johnies / their fans!! 😞😟😟

Was gonna say balls deep but mental imagery made me decide against it!!

• Advertisement

It is very unfortunate, imagine the horror of gettin ur timings wrong & tippin along to trailer park only to find urself knee deep in 2 johnies / their fans!! ������

It’d be easy enough to avoid, just walk the opposite when you see a horde of GAA jerseys and cowboy hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not trying to be cool or anything but should I have heard of this pair or are they sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not trying to be cool or anything but should I have heard of this pair or are they sh1te?

You usually have your finger on the pulse. They're a bit like Portishead.

They’re ‘right funny lads’. Never even knew they had released music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You usually have your finger on the pulse. They're a bit like Portishead.

I smell sarcasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

keep in mind the last lineup announcement still said at the bottom "plus many more to be announced". surely there's another big announcement planned.

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    keep in mind the last lineup announcement still said at the bottom "plus many more to be announced". surely there's another big announcement planned.

Mindfield and Freetown still have to be announced, and I’d expect another 9-10 main arena acts.

Gidiness restored, cheers poorside!! Head was starting to drop a wee bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And sixteen Picnics in that time. Some with more quality acts than others but all with impressive lineups. And it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

I keep telling myself I’m going to stay more sober this year because the lineup is so good but I just know how that’s going to work out.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I smell sarcasm...

I love us

How many sleeps scruff???

Advertisement