Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Spreece wrote: »
    I keep telling myself I’m going to stay more sober this year because the lineup is so good but I just know how that’s going to work out.....

You and me both, my proudest EP moment was making it to The Salty Dog for The White album last year, normally well in my leaba by 2/3.

Rfrip wrote: »
    I love us

How many sleeps scruff???

Too many.
    Was watching Reeling in the years (it was on and I just left it on) and What difference does it make came on, first reaction was this time 3 weeks I’ll be listening to this swinging out of a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 20 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lamb singing Gorecki under a starry Saturday night sky at the Body and Soul main stage.

Come on, lads. I'm trying to build a bit of atmosphere. 3 weeks to go and we were 16 hours without a comment. It's a disgrace is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The last big bash of the year bring it on, although I'm glad for this few weeks rest till EP, that All Together Now is like one big hill in bits and me still in bits for bits :).

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

This weather is making me awful nervous, could be a very cold wet and muddy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Long term forecasting for August looked like a poor start to the month but improving towards the end so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fics wrote: »
    This weather is making me awful nervous, could be a very cold wet and muddy weekend!

I wouldn't worry about it, traditionally there is always one or two dodgy wet weeks leading up to EP, most of the time well 70% of the picnics had pretty decent enough weather, sometimes the odd wet day, But we certainly don't have the same consistent bad luck that befell some of the Oxegens of the past. Fingers crossed we get one or two good days out of it although three great days would be magnificent. Mind you bring extra blankets, hoodies or sleeping bags it can get nippy at night time especially with dew.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Loving this from Georgia, lovely tone, chill out vibe.

https://youtu.be/vFnnxmb7Z9g

Georgia is the Daughter of Neil Barnes/Leftfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Loving this from Georgia, lovely tone, chill out vibe.

https://youtu.be/vFnnxmb7Z9g

Georgia is the Daughter of Neil Barnes/Leftfield.

Yeah I really like her! A poor mans robyn I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Mucker46 wrote: »

Really liking them too. They're playing the Grand Social in November. I reckon they'll be gaining a few fans at EP!

Heavy Lungs sounding good. Sort of getting IDLES / Fontaines DC vibes from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1160166516442259461?s=09

I don't know if this has been posted already, but at least we know that there will be an announcement coming soon now!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How soon is now?

Snarky Snark Snark

I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone

For all of flying solo...

So you go and you stand on your own
    And you leave on your own
    And you go home
    And you cry and you want to die.

I think we can all recognize that Monday morning feeling....

Snarky Snark Snark

I think you should seek professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1160166516442259461?s=09

I don't know if this has been posted already, but at least we know that there will be an announcement coming soon now!
    It was at a time like this that they announced Rosanna Davison last year. As a foodie no less. But fingers crossed this time regardless..😂😂

patch wrote: »
    It was at a time like this that they announced Rosanna Davison last year. As a foodie no less. But fingers crossed this time regardless..����

Maybe we’ll get Glen Hansard giving us a talk on how to win a ‘lovely girl’ contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's probably the Jerry Fish announcement, due on the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Indie fans, where do you stand on Sam Fender. Cheesy catchy indie anthems but a little bit too cheesy and cliched? Or should I just enjoy for what he is. Dead Boys is a proper song but very different from the rest of his work.

Indie fans, where do you stand on Sam Fender. Cheesy catchy indie anthems but a little bit too cheesy and cliched? Or should I just enjoy for what he is. Dead Boys is a proper song but very different from the rest of his work.

I'll be heading to see him unless there's a big clash. Accurate assessments btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

everlast75 wrote: »
    It's probably the Jerry Fish announcement, due on the 13th

Any out of the ordinary predictions for Jerry fish aside from the usual Frank and the Walters type stuff they always have?

endainoz wrote: »
    Any out of the ordinary predictions for Jerry fish aside from the usual Frank and the Walters type stuff they always have?

Le Galaxie played there last year (i think?), which was mental. Usually good stuff in there

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

endainoz wrote: »

Seen Jerry Fish at Fat White Family in The Button Factory earlier this yeah, he seemed to be really enjoying the set

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I'll defo go see him if not clashing with a must see.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

Good shout on Dead Boys, but his other stuff seems quite samey. Adequate and inoffensive.

Will stop if passing, but I reckon he’ll be clashed out of town by someone else on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'll be heading to see him unless there's a big clash. Accurate assessments btw

I am in same boat. Dead boys really good and a few others worth listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Out of interest has anyone made a worth/want to see list for this year these are the ones I want to catch some or all of over the weekend!

Billie Eilish
    Freya Ridings
    Maceo Plex
    Sam Fender
    The Streets
    The strokes
    Richard Ashcroft
    Cavetown
    Christine and the Queens
    Fourtet
    Hozier
    James Blake