Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Stillill42 wrote: »
    In other news, if those scallywags at Ticketmaster swindled you out of your rightful 3 or more code, badger them to within an inch of their grubby lives. I've been reimbursed. This was their message:

For this process to work you must be opted in. The process needs your email address being signed up each year that you attended. For example signing up this year will not apply to historic years. This is a marketing mail and we must be complaint for data protection/GDPR. Unfortunately it is not a straightforward process.
    I reviewed your previous attendance and have applied the 3 loyalty rate. €20 has been refunded to your card.

Thanks

How did you pursue it with them? I emailed my TM references from all my years back to 2014 and also my proof of purchase today. I just got an email now with the standard cant help you, loyalty all sold out etc ( I think you posted up a copy of it earlier).

Did you get through on phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

setanta74 wrote: »
    How did you pursue it with them? I emailed my TM references from all my years back to 2014 and also my proof of purchase today. I just got an email now with the standard cant help you, loyalty all sold out etc ( I think you posted up a copy of it earlier).

Did you get through on phone?

No, email. Well, several emails. To here...
    customer.services@ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

No, email. Well, several emails. To here...
    customer.services@ticketmaster.ie

Damn, same as me. You obviously got a more lenient drone than I did. Its worth €80 on two tickets to me so will get after them.

thebusher wrote: »
    Still have me Pixies Lansdowne Road tee shirt from 05 when they were supported by Kings of Leon before they turned into U2. Savage night.
    erica74 wrote: »
    I WAS THERE TOO! WHAT A NIGHT!
    everlast75 wrote: »
    me too. Sound was a bit sh1t where we were but a great gig
    Ah, a good night alright. My wife fell asleep standing up during Debaser. Pretty impressive, I think you'll agree. I thought they were done after seeing them supporting Arcade Fire in Marley Park but they were great in the Iveagh Gardens and again in Trinity a couple of years ago. They'd light the place up in Stradbally.

setanta74 wrote: »
    Damn, same as me. You obviously got a more lenient drone than I did. Its worth €80 on two tickets to me so will get after them.

I'd keep it up. They are refunding, it's obviously within their remit. I went heavy on the loyal EP supporter and longtime Ticketmaster user, referred them to my Ticketmaster archive. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Lads, if you didn't get a loyalty code get on to TM pronto. I told them I was never sent one so bought regular so as not to miss out:

Can you tell me what email address you used please as the one I have is manned by an ignorant b*tch, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Judes wrote: »
    I am GUTTED - so I walked into my usual Ticketmaster Outlet today, at lunch time, where I usually just go in with the cash and buy tickets to anything Ticketmaster related - to ask how to do the "loyalty" thing - just to get the info - my nephew was able to confirm he had the 3 wrist bands where as I only had 2 - so I thought perfect - now covered with proof of attending 3 festivals - to be told "It's sold out" I laughed at her and said can't be - I always get the tickets around November - no she said it's totally sold out. Then I thought she must be talking about Early Bird Tickets and she advised no - all tickets - loyalty etc.

So how can there be another 2,500 tickets for sale and yet we can't get them - are the Ticket Touts grabbing them cheap to make big profit? Seriously, I tried so many emails to Ticket Master yesterday the day they were issuing the loyalty refs.

So now it comes down I can't go to the Festival - as I'm not buying a ticket in October - when Pink Moon could be sold out by then. And I'm not booking Pink Moon in advance in case I can't get a ticket full stop.

So huge disappointment. But at least I have "It Takes a Village" in May in Cork - and I don't care what the weather will be like - it's under cover. Still gutted about EP. I don't think there's any chance of getting tickets in October either way.

I missed out today but never got my code even though I applied for it and four picnics down. So had to go to an outlet and was told they all went at 12.30. Disappointed on the one hand but on the other I'm glad the greedy bar stewards didn't get my cash today - it's too early.

If ATN go on sale soon they'll clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

F*ck it anyway.

The balls up with discount codes is after leaving a really sour taste in the mouth.

If I was a cynic I’d say they tried to pull a fast one and hope people waiting on codes wouldn’t try to buy this morning, leaving it open to people to buy dearer tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

. My wife fell asleep standing up during Debaser. Pretty impressive, I think you'll agree.

Takes a lot of doing!

Fell asleep on the floor of Earls Court during a Metallica gig on the Load tour meself.
    Lot of drink taken back then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I missed out today but never got my code even though I applied for it and four picnics down. So had to go to an outlet and was told they all went at 12.30. Disappointed on the one hand but on the other I'm glad the greedy bar stewards didn't get my cash today - it's too early.

If ATN go on sale soon they'll clean up.

ATN have been on sale for weeks.
    Am surprised EP are not putting the remainder on sale before Xmas. They'll sell out and it's cash in the bank gaining interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

and yeah, ATN is similar to EP back in the day, as is Body&Soul, which ATN/POD/Reynolds have ripped-off in almost every single way.

You do know that POD set EP up right????

So what, he's ripping himself off?? ha ha jog on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

He's saying that other festivals are ripping off B&S, not early EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sydthebeat wrote: »
    rang ticketba$tard help desk to complain about loyalty codes not working at 9:05 this morning..... and about getting a 1/2 code instead of a 3+ code.....

and they are going to retrospectively change the tickets to the €165 loyalty rather than the €205 early bird !!

so after all my mornings panicking, im rather happy now.....

What number did you call? I had same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Well after 10 years of going it's goodbye picnic. No code sent me again last night and filled out the form with all booking ref. Got standard reply saying 5 days wait blah blah blah . Tickets sell out this morning. So ticketmaster had decided my faith . I belong to ATN now. And not even feeling slightly sorry about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Family ticket booked eventually for my first EP. When booking family campervan ticket there was no other option but the DHL delivery for €17.50 - presume I can just email TM or ring them and get refund on that (I took a screenshot in case).

Anyone have idea of approximate numbers that are in the family campervan area and family camping area? Will be going with the wife and 3 kids - 8,6 & 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Even pink moon is showing up as sold out WTF?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mucker46 wrote: »
    What number did you call? I had same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Even pink moon is showing up as sold out WTF?

they've been cutting back the number of two mans the last few years so that's not a shock, surprised at the others though.

Would bet they'll have them back on sale at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

there are LOADS of things at B&S that were never at EP in the early years (and it quickly became a behemoth under Reynolds anyway). it was the same vibe as early EP when it started, but few actual copied features.

ATN robbed loads of those things and modelled their whole festival on B&S as it currently is. most of the stages are basically renamed carbon-copies of the B&S ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

they've been cutting back the number of two mans the last few years so that's not a shock, surprised at the others though.

Would bet they'll have them back on sale at some point.

they will probably go back on sale in march
    thats the earlybird allowance gone, not the lot (i bloody hope!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Family ticket booked eventually for my first EP. When booking family campervan ticket there was no other option but the DHL delivery for €17.50 - presume I can just email TM or ring them and get refund on that (I took a screenshot in case).

Anyone have idea of approximate numbers that are in the family campervan area and family camping area? Will be going with the wife and 3 kids - 8,6 & 4.

Was the same last year. That's how they do it. They send them a week before the event. They are easy to forge and they do not get scanned. I guess they do it via DHL so you cannot call and say "I never got my ticket". It's not nice that it is so expensive, but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

there are LOADS of things at B&S that were never at EP in the early years (and it quickly became a behemoth under Reynolds anyway). it was the same vibe as early EP when it started, but few actual copied features.

ATN robbed loads of those things and modelled their whole festival on B&Sas it currently is. most of the stages are basically renamed carbon-copies of the B&S ones.

I don't agree. There is a very different feeling to both of these festivals. And I do not know what you mean by renamed carbon copy stages. A tent with music is pretty much a tent with music. Is Midnight Circus a carbon copy of Rankin's Wood? They are both tents of similar size and they have music, so yes I suppose so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Didn't get my rightful 3 picnics, spent hours trying to get through but without result. I've noticed the general population are 'onto' the early birds now so was slightly worried about volume (And rightly so!)
    Managed to get the 2eps discount tickets its cost me +€20 more per ticket, but screw it! Its saved a lot more in the long run.

The scheme is poorly defined and completely flawed! Photo's of wristbands!! Like what!!?
    For years I remember thinking 'lucky its understressed, other wise there would be a lot of disappointment'
    Today is the day for most!
    But the festival is so much more than its loyalty scheme, it seems a shame that someone would abandon EP and pay the same/more for ATN out of spite.

Do we know how many tickets were sold today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Few of my mates missed out this morning, assuming they’d have the weekend to sort them.

Tried warning them last night, as I had a feeling there would be a much bigger surge this morning than previous years. The demand (and crazy prices people were paying) for 2018 tickets in the run up to last week was a bell weather for this demand.

People have much more disposable income in their pockets then they had 2/3/4 years ago, and EP has solidified itself as Ireland’s premier summer event.

Demand is only going one way folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Was the same last year. That's how they do it. They send them a week before the event. They are easy to forge and they do not get scanned. I guess they do it via DHL so you cannot call and say "I never got my ticket". It's not nice that it is so expensive, but it is.

As above for the DHL - no choice.
    In terms of the family campervan site, we were there this year with two children. There are several hundred campervans but it is nice and quiet. You can't escape the beat noise at night of course but it won't keep anybody awake after a long day. They give you plenty of space for awning etc and it really is a pleasant experience. Going again next year. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Charlie wrote: »
    Few of my mates missed out this morning, assuming they’d have the weekend to sort them.

Tried warning them last night, as I had a feeling there would be a much bigger surge this morning than previous years. The demand (and crazy prices people were paying) for 2018 tickets in the run up to last week was a bell weather for this demand.

People have much more disposable income in their pockets then they had 2/3/4 years ago, and EP has solidified itself as Ireland’s premier summer event.

Demand is only going one way folks.

It's puzzling the sudden spike in demand. The long hot summer will have had a subliminal influence.

I enjoyed last weekend but it was a lot of glitz and noise and bedazzlement. The headliners genuinely were rotten compared to other picnics. By no means a vintage year.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

We flew to Bristol last month to see John Moreland and met up with friends from the UK. After the gig we got chatting about festivals and line ups and they said they had heard Brexit is already having an affect on US artists coming to the UK.

Not sure how myself but I wonder if we will see it affect next years line up with regarding to UK artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's puzzling the sudden spike in demand. The long hot summer will have had a subliminal influence.

I enjoyed last weekend but it was a lot of glitz and noise and bedazzlement. The headliners genuinely were rotten compared to other picnics. By no means a vintage year.
    It’s not puzzling at all. It was obvious as hell that the loyalty tickets would sell out quickly considering the demand this year. I knew it would, so that’s why I’m glad I still bought my tickets with my incorrect code as it was that or nothing.

The lineup comments are very subjective though, probably not as many big headliners as previous years but it depends on your tastes.

I do think it was a great year though. I loved it, despite some minor gripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Waved the white flag at the picnic last year . Only missed two picnics since it started but the last few years has got progressively worse . Went to a festival in lisbon this year for €150 with amazing bands , looking at it again and maybe bilbao and i can safely say i will never set foot in stradbally again . My young lad wanted my loyalty code and it never arrived , if i had of been going i would of been like a demon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I don’t think it’s so sudden. It’s been heading this way for the last couple of years (gone in 4/5 days in September 2017) so most of our crew were pushing to get tickets this morning. Four of us did & the others didn’t heed warnings.

I can’t find any evidence, but given the interest & supposed queues at Ticketmaster outlets, I’d expect as many early birds sold today as last year. And not a reduced number.

I’m also not in the least bit surprised by the early sellout.

Advertisement