Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jmorris93

We left Dublin around 2 pm last year, traffic was grand, loads of parking to get close to the entrance (I think we parked in red), and no queues at all. Really relaxed atmosphere i.e. nobody scrambling over one another to get to where they wanna camp. I can't recommend going down a day early enough :)

Thank uuuu!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

We have also had ATCQ, Beasties, De la Soul, Grandmaster Flash (year 1), and unless I am gone mad I am sure we had Run DMC in year 3 or 4 although I can't find any evidence of that.

Surely we will get an old school act this year.

Biz Markie has a gig in Edmonton Canada on the Friday and is free for two weeks after. Could nip over to Ireland with bare bones equipment and be home in time for tea on Sunday. In an era where most hip hop is about being angry at the world, its great hearing the Biz sing about saturday morning cartoons and fancying a girl from afar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭rubick

Spreece wrote: »
    Car seat headrest are currently touring in the UK. Last played EP in 2017. Unbelievable live band. Would be a solid late addition to the lineup.

Will support! What a set that was.

Enough of the Kings of Leon talk too please, I've just eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

rubick wrote: »
    Will support! What a set that was.

Enough of the Kings of Leon talk too please, I've just eaten.

But if you had to choose, Picture This or KOL...

Ficcss wrote: »
    But if you had to choose, Picture This or KOL...
    No thanks, I'm full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Eric B & Rakim might disagree ;) ... They re-united a couple of years back. What a coup they would be. Playing in Boston later in September. This would be my "Aphex Twin" moment.

In fairness to EP though, they have covered the old school hop hop acts pretty well. Nothing this year, so far.

Rakim doesnt like to fly. Think the last EU tour (when he stopped off in Dublin) he took a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I believe Jerry will be announcing today.

Hopefully some nostalgia irish acts. Would love Sultans and Walters and Whipping Boy. Perhaps The Stunning might be in there.

Expecting Le Galaxie anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

everlast75 wrote: »

Hopefully some nostalgia irish acts. Would love Sultans and Walters and Whipping Boy. Perhaps The Stunning might be in there.

id love something happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

everlast75 wrote: »

Last saw them 8 years ago. Would love if they were announced, but are they even touring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They'd all be great, lads. I'm still holding out for A House. On another note, I'd say the Scratch at the Salty Dog will be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Will they have an announcement before the Kilmainham festival this weekend? There may be some crossover acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    id love something happens!

Some of the irish acts in the Feile Sept festival surely would be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Last saw them 8 years ago. Would love if they were announced, but are they even touring?

Songkick says they played a gig last December in Italy but it might another act with the same name. I guess now would be a decent time for a reunion as they've had a bit of a revival post the Fontaines DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Songkick says they played a gig last December in Italy but it might another act with the same name. I guess now would be a decent time for a reunion as they've had a bit of a revival post the Fontaines DC

If not this year then surely next year, as Heartworm will be 25 years old :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They ain't together any more.

Whether they ever play again will be completely dependent on ferghals state of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

sydthebeat wrote: »
    They ain't together any more.

Whether they ever play again will be completely dependent on ferghals state of mind

anyone see them in vicar st a few years ago when he wore the motorbike helmet on stage - amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Sorry lads for going back to this subject but....

Has anyone actually brought a caravan into the site on Thursday WITHOUT an early entry ticket!

I know it says site open to caravans from Thursday 4pm, but it says general campsite open to campers on Thursday too, but you need an early entry pass!

Don't wanna sell early entry tickets and be stuck on side of road somewhere outside Stradbally on Thursday night running down me phone listening to spotify and using up me stash of cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bruce2008 wrote: »

Has anyone actually brought a caravan into the site on Thursday WITHOUT an early entry ticket!

I know it says site open to caravans from Thursday 4pm, but it says general campsite open to campers on Thursday too, but you need an early entry pass!

Don't wanna sell early entry tickets and be stuck on side of road somewhere outside Stradbally on Thursday night running down me phone listening to spotify and using up me stash of cans!

You'll be fine, early entry tickets only applies to people with tents or going to pre-booked tents, caravans and camper vans automatically have exclusive entry to the festival on Thursday evening, something to do with not choking the Friday traffic I believe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's my sons first day of school on the Friday morning and apparently we have to be around for that?!
    Would have liked the extra night.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭glennponder

Still no announcement of any kind????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

We've brought the campervan / caravan on the Thursday for at least the last five years, last year was the first time there was anything on or open on the Thursday and we had no issues accessing them from the campervans site. In previous years you had to stay in the campervan field with not even a food offering!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Anyone keeping an eye on beer slab prices ? Think the best I’ve seen so far is Tesco doing 24 Heineken for 30

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Have they though ? They definitely have not covered every significant 80’s and 90’s act.

We’ve had Wu Tang, public enemy , Nas , Jurassic 5 . Then newer guys like joey badass and Kendrick. Kano was excellent 3 or 4 years ago .

Great shout for Eric B and Rakim. Or a KRS-1 , EPMD, DJ Premier , Ice-T , Ice Cube (prob cost too much)
    Or newer acts like Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q , childish gambino.

Maybe a few of them will be in Fridays announcement :)

Side note : yeh I’d put the streets in there, high on my must see list this year

Ha. True. A Tribe Called Quest and some others I forgot to add. And some acts wouldn't work but Childish Gambino would be mega. Eric B & Rakim would make my weekend. Happy with Salt n Pepa also.

J5 was such a great afternoon.
    Some roar of those imaginary motorbikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Anyone keeping an eye on beer slab prices ? Think the best I’ve seen so far is Tesco doing 24 Heineken for 30

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread btw

Yup, picked up 4 slabs of Bulmers for €40 a few weeks back in dunnes when it was 2 for €50 with a couple of €10 vouchers.
    Think Tesco have €10 vouchers knocking about as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

What time does the entrance close Thursday night? I have the early entry but I might have to head up after work if I can't get it off and might not get to the site until midnight. My friends will be in already

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Where is this Jelly Fish announcement? Waiting is a real stinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I don’t believe for a second there was 500 arrests last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Isn't that flying in the face of what the department of health said last week. Nobody but dealers should be arrested.

https://twitter.com/merrionstreet/status/1157256935051280384?s=08

Advertisement