Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    I don’t believe for a second there was 500 arrests last year.

Alas I think it's true.

55k capacity and officially 480 arrests for possession (45 for sale or supply) so if only festival goers arrested (not staff, security, volunteers, artists, stallholders, etc) that's one in 115. If including people working there that'd be one in 140 at a rough guess. Given how many cases clog up the courts in Laois later in the year the figure is probably accurate. Mainly minor stuff. Friends of friends have got done and I think the figures are accurate. Cases usually heard the following March/April and the judges fly through them.

Utterly futile policing and an abject waste of court time.

Jerry Fish lineup on Thursday.

And btw Hot Press have a tickets competition. But they make you work for it. 14/15 questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Alas I think it's true.

55k capacity and officially 480 arrests for possession (45 for sale or supply) so if only festival goers arrested (not staff, security, volunteers, artists, stallholders, etc) that's one in 115. If including people working there that'd be one in 140 at a rough guess. Given how many cases clog up the courts in Laois later in the year the figure is probably accurate. Mainly minor stuff. Friends of friends have got done and I think the figures are accurate. Cases usually heard the following March/April and the judges fly through them.

Utterly futile policing and an abject waste of court time.

I can imagine the majority of the busts were from when people were entering the venue for the first time rather than inside the venue. They tend to turn a blind eye towards folk smoking spliffs at gigs or sitting on the grass in the arena unless your really over the top like sniffing coke from the back of your hand.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are the new rules active from that tweet you'd think that's how things work now?

Either way it'll be in before anyone see the district court in portlaoise next year.

HSE and Ana Liffey project taking a drug testing stand there as well, somebody better tell the guards how we roll from here on in.

I can imagine the majority of the busts were from when people were entering the venue for the first time rather than inside the venue. They tend to turn a blind eye towards folk smoking spliffs at gigs or sitting on the grass in the arena unless your really over the top like sniffing coke from the back of your hand.

Contrast that with 16 arrests at Glasto this year. Last time there in 2014 I overheard a security guy ask some youngsters to snort their coke elsewhere as there were children around. Police basically ignore drug use unless problematic. Seems sensible to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

Anyone keeping an eye on beer slab prices ? Think the best I’ve seen so far is Tesco doing 24 Heineken for 30

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread btw

I’m on the lookout also.
    30 is the best I can find. Tesco are selling 24 Grolsch for 24 which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Jerry Fish lineup on Thursday.
    So if that is all we get this week, then next week will be final main acts, Freetown, Spike Island, Minfield and the map.

The following week will give the day by day breakdown.

All bit of a pain really

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Shot in the dark here but has anyone ever camped in the rainbow tipi in pink moon?

Have a double airmattress 200Lx125W and wondering if it will fit, hard to tell on the dimensions given on the website trying to account for the pole in the middle and the corners...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

LowOdour wrote: »
    So if that is all we get this week, then next week will be final main acts, Freetown, Spike Island, Minfield and the map.

The following week will give the day by day breakdown.

Getting really excited now!!

Fixed it there for you! Come on lads positivity needed here! Thought this forum would be buzzing by now, only a couple of weeks to go. EP shared a photo to Instagram showing the very early stages of building.

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    What time does the entrance close Thursday night? I have the early entry but I might have to head up after work if I can't get it off and might not get to the site until midnight. My friends will be in already

Pink Moon closes check in at 12am on the Thursday (I contacted them as I won't be arriving untill after 11 myself!) I presume its the same for all other entry points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Fics wrote: »
    Shot in the dark here but has anyone ever camped in the rainbow tipi in pink moon?

Have a double airmattress 200Lx125W and wondering if it will fit, hard to tell on the dimensions given on the website trying to account for the pole in the middle and the corners...

We have slept in Rainbow Tipi and can get 2 singles either side of the pole so not sure how you would get a double in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

You might fit it in but it will be up against the sides so if it rains you’ll be swimming.
    And, howdy neighbour, don’t be shy and share the cans.

Guess I will be adding two single airbeds to the shopping list...

@Poorside I'll Share mine if you share yours...

Deal, what will you be bringing?

Deal, what will you be bringing?

Heineken / Gallahad / Open for suggestions, what tastes good when warm and on a Sunday after some temperature abuse?

Could be a trick question..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

Heineken / Gallahad / Open for suggestions, what tastes good when warm and on a Sunday after some temperature abuse?

Gallahad? Your not blindboy by any chance?

Cider is the correct answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Boardsie pink moon meetup to go with the primary one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Oh very la di dah. Remember when we used to be happy just kicking teenagers around the Salty Dog? You guys have changed.

We can discuss getting cans through security and laugh at the boardies in Hendrix

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Oh very la di dah. Remember when we used to be happy just kicking teenagers around the Salty Dog? You guys have changed.

I need my sleep after a good day of kicking.

Is getting cans through security not one of the benefits of Pink Moon?

We're the "respectable responsible" crowd who would never smuggle in drink?

Is getting cans through security not one of the benefits of Pink Moon?

We're the "respectable responsible" crowd who would never smuggle in drink?

It’s a bit easier but still not allowed, but you could bring pints in plastic cups through no bother for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

Not specifically in the rainbow tipi but in another type - had to use two singles because of pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

Still a few in Aldi 6:99 each and I used them at latitude couple weeks ago and they were great ones! Better than the more expensive ones I’ve had in the past all of which deflated overnight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

You might fit it in but it will be up against the sides so if it rains you’ll be swimming.
    And, howdy neighbour, don’t be shy and share the cans.

This happened to me :( Always blamed the quality of tent, until now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What’s a Gazebo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Reded wrote: »
    Still a few in Aldi 6:99 each and I used them at latitude couple weeks ago and they were great ones! Better than the more expensive ones I’ve had in the past all of which deflated overnight!!

I bought one of the more expensive ones. Kept going down on me.

Well worth the money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

My list of the main things I want to catch... plenty on there and hoping for a few more additions towards the top... got to be some big names still to be added for Freetown??!

Must-Sees

- Billie Eilish
    - Mitski
    - Let's eat Grandma

Would love to see

- Strokes
    - Four Tet
    - James Blake
    - The Streets
    - Courtney Barnett
    - Kolsch
    - Sasami
    - Yonaka
    - Yves Tumor
    - Heidi
    - Mango x Mathman

Would like to see
    - R Ashcroft
    - J Marr
    - R Hawtin
    - A Lens
    - DJ Seinfeld
    - Charli XCX
    - Maceo Plex
    - Parquet Courts
    - Cavetown
    - Sea Girls
    - White Reaper
    - Sons of Kemet
    - Kelly Anne Byrne
    - EMBRZ
    - Gaudi
    - Kormac
    - These Charming Men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Definitely:
    Johnny Marr
    Ashcroft
    Strokes
    Courtney Barnett

Probably:
    Echo atbm
    Bodega
    David Keenan
    Four Tet
    Otherkin
    Parquet Courts
    Streets
    Metronomy
    Elder Island
    Natty Wailer

If No Clashes:
    Ider
    Cathy Davey
    Cinema
    Georgia
    Girl In Red
    Autre Monde
    Amy Montgomery
    Galway Street Club
    Duff McKagan

I'll def check out these charming men, and maybe the other bootleg bands if i'm free.

Advertisement