Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭rubick

Someone mentioned Car Seat Headrest a few pages ago - they are playing Green Man festival this weekend, with no further tour dates listed until they are back in the USA on 6th September.
    https://carseatheadrest.com/tourdates/

I think the last time they played EP Will mentioned it was the last leg of their European tour before heading home - hopefully the same this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Lads, i wont be travelling this year so i have a campervan ticket available if some needs one, PM me, cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its a bit ludicrous waiting around now for these announcements when the likes of End of the Road have their stage splits out three months beforehand.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Its a bit ludicrous waiting around now for these announcements when the likes of End of the Road have their stage splits out three months beforehand.
    I think ATN waiting till the last second to announce Orbital has set another crappy precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yup, getting a bit annoying, should have something out everyday since Monday, even if it’s just shîte like the disco Laundry is returning. People want news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What’s a Gazebo ?

A nasty rash suffered by the wannabe middle classes in their nether regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Full agreement mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Speaking of ludacris , he was in Dublin this week , spotted out at festival republics offices , signing the paperwork. He’ll be in fridays announcement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

patch wrote: »
    I think ATN waiting till the last second to announce Orbital has set another crappy precedent.

I think that was down to them playing in Galway the week before the festival, Prob apart of the contract that they couldnt announce it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I feel im going to be very underwhelmed with Freetown

• Advertisement

Trying to pin down a Main Stage electronic act:

Underworld - playing Fall In Love festival in Bucharest, 31st August which is the Saturday. Not sure if a trip from Stradbally to Romania is feasible in 24 hours. Probably rules them out for the Sunday too.
    https://underworldlive.com/events/fall-in-love-romania/

Chemical Brothers - nothing listed past Creamfields, England on 24th August. Chances.
    https://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/live

Groove Armada - probably ruled out by recent Irish gig in Dublin but nothing on the calendar between appearances in Spain 25th August and 6th September.
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/groovearmada/dates

It's going to be Fatboy Slim, isn't it? Clear schedule after a show in Ibiza, 24th August.
    https://www.fatboyslim.net/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/three-introduces-new-made-music-stage-electric-picnic-showcasing-best-and-coming-irish-and

Three Ireland is back at Electric Picnic this year and has announced a brand-new stage at the summer’s biggest festival.

Set within the woodlands of the festival site, the Three ‘Made by Music’ stage will showcase some of Ireland’s best rising talent, connecting fans to the future stars of Ireland’s flourishing music scene.

In addition to bringing a brand-new stage to Electric Picnic, Three is offering revellers the perfect place to ‘Charge and Chill’. Situated across from the main stage, music fans can relax and recharge their own batteries, as well as their phones, while exploring a range of different multisensory experiences. The ‘charge and chill’ themed structure will feature a bespoke hanging garden, hammocks and a unique recharge room designed to help relax both mind and body across the weekend. DJs such as R.Kitt, Dreamcycles, Mel Keane, Nevan JIO and Jack Colleran will be behind the decks spinning chilled out tunes every day.

Three will once again partner with Lifesaver to provide a premium charging service, powered entirely by renewable energy. The pocket-sized power banks charged with 100% renewable energy offer an unlimited charging solution across the weekend. If the power runs out, customers can simply swap it for a full one. 3Charging stations will be situated in three locations at the festival to ensure everyone can stay powered up across the weekend.

The full ‘Made by Music’ stage line up will be announced on August 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Newbie here.

Apologies if these have been asked before and if there is somewhere else where these questions are answered please guide me!

Heading to the family campsite with wife and 3 kids (8, 6 & 4). Excitement levels are rising!

How early does the rush start on Friday morning? If we are there by 9am should we escape a lot of it?

Approximately how far is the walk from family campsite to family car park?

Any tips on best spot to pitch tent at family campsite if it does work out that we are in earlyish?

How good and what exactly is in the 'Little Picnic' area?

Any other tips for family first timers?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    It's going to be Fatboy Slim, isn't it? Clear schedule after a show in Ibiza, 24th August.
    https://www.fatboyslim.net/live/

Quite a good review of the current set that he’s touring with in the guardian a few months ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/22/fatboy-slim-review-wembley-arena-london

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote: »
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/three-introduces-new-made-music-stage-electric-picnic-showcasing-best-and-coming-irish-and

Three Ireland is back at Electric Picnic this year and has announced a brand-new stage at the summer’s biggest festival.

Set within the woodlands of the festival site, the Three ‘Made by Music’ stage will showcase some of Ireland’s best rising talent, connecting fans to the future stars of Ireland’s flourishing music scene.

In addition to bringing a brand-new stage to Electric Picnic, Three is offering revellers the perfect place to ‘Charge and Chill’. Situated across from the main stage, music fans can relax and recharge their own batteries, as well as their phones, while exploring a range of different multisensory experiences. The ‘charge and chill’ themed structure will feature a bespoke hanging garden, hammocks and a unique recharge room designed to help relax both mind and body across the weekend. DJs such as R.Kitt, Dreamcycles, Mel Keane, Nevan JIO and Jack Colleran will be behind the decks spinning chilled out tunes every day.

Three will once again partner with Lifesaver to provide a premium charging service, powered entirely by renewable energy. The pocket-sized power banks charged with 100% renewable energy offer an unlimited charging solution across the weekend. If the power runs out, customers can simply swap it for a full one. 3Charging stations will be situated in three locations at the festival to ensure everyone can stay powered up across the weekend.

That's other voices replaced so I'd imagine. Pity about the corporate sh!te attached to it though. Oh there's that word again "revellers"

Ah shur if they are supporting unsigned Irish acts then I don't really have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Also, I have a family camper van ticket for sale at cost price if anyone needs one.

Quite a good review of the current set that he’s touring with in the guardian a few months ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/22/fatboy-slim-review-wembley-arena-london

Wouldn't be for me, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rfrip wrote: »

What is this? It doesn't sound like an Other Voices replacement at all. Djs, hammocks and charging points? More corporate ****e. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I read it as a new stage in the woods, with another charging 'stage' in the main arena featuring DJ Soundbleed and his cohorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

There are two separate things here. One is a new stage, the other is the existing area. I understand the new stage is located where OV was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A Facebook video from Boomtown, one of the few that didn't cancel in the UK last weekend but this guy cops a whack from this falling tile during the windy period.

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedFestivals/videos/1290929394404020/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What is this? It doesn't sound like an Other Voices replacement at all. Djs, hammocks and charging points? More corporate ****e. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My reading of that is, the paragraph in red is the new area in the woods (OV replacement), and the rest of it (in blue) is saying that their normal sh1te area near the main stage will be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Sounds like it’s the usual Three stage and an altogether new one, seems to be taking up the role of OV and play the picnic in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah. In my rush to condemn the corporate behemoths, I completely misread that. Apologies. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Heading to the family campsite with wife and 3 kids (8, 6 & 4).

There will be a few in this thread with something to say about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

showpony1 wrote: »
    There will be a few in this thread with something to say about this.

Quick - someone alert the ATN thread. There's people talking about kids at festivals! :eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubick wrote: »
    Wouldn't be for me, that.
    sounds dreadful, like his last appearance at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know when the locals get their day passes, trying to pick up a few for saturday or sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone know when the locals get their day passes, trying to pick up a few for saturday or sunday.

A Few? you should change your name to cheekymonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Newbie here.

Apologies if these have been asked before and if there is somewhere else where these questions are answered please guide me!

Heading to the family campsite with wife and 3 kids (8, 6 & 4). Excitement levels are rising!

How early does the rush start on Friday morning? If we are there by 9am should we escape a lot of it?
    - If you're there at 9 you will have your pick of spots. Starts getting busy from about 12.

Approximately how far is the walk from family campsite to family car park?
    - The walk is a bit of a killer. If you look at the map the Family Car Park is localted at the back of the Church on the Main Street. (it's noted as Laois Cricket Club), and the Family Campsite is the shark fin shaped field just below the lake. The killer part is dragging all your stuff through the stoney pathway from Feaghery Butchers. I don't know why they don't put plastic temporary coverings to make it easier. Get a good trolley if you can.

Any tips on best spot to pitch tent at family campsite if it does work out that we are in earlyish?
    - Closer to the lake is probably better to cut down on the walking times to Soulkids and Arena entry but it's a small field so it's a much of a muchness.

How good and what exactly is in the 'Little Picnic' area?
    - It's alright, but it doesn't open on the Friday so don't expect to be doing anything until Saturday morning. -

Any other tips for family first timers?
    - Even if it's a scorcher when you're heading down bring lots of warm blankets and clothes. It can get absolutely Baltic at night time.
    Thanks.

As above ^^^

Advertisement