Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Why!!??

Amazingly, there are a number of boardsies who are convinced that children should be banned from festivals. For some it even detracts from their own enjoyment. The rest of us are just fine with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Amazingly, there are a number of boardsies who are convinced that children should be banned from festivals. For some it even detracts from their own enjoyment. The rest of us are just fine with it.

I heard an advert on Today FM this morning for the E.P. It's advertised as a family festival. Any people who have a problem with folks taking their kids should really take it up with the E.P. organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Why!!??

Because there were a few trolls on the ATN thread slagging off parents bringing kids. Infantile stuff. And not at all what the huge majority on this thread (and on site) actually think.

Personally I believe that EP without kids would be a much less friendlier, mellow and enjoyable fest.

Stationmaster, here's hoping you and your family have an excellent weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

actually its the fact that ive never seen a kid at EP/Marlay Park/Malahide Castle look anything less than bored out of their minds is more my problem with it. the festival with bell x1 earlier in the summer (cant recall the name) was actually meant to be family-friendly, thats grand. but ep really isnt for kids its just for parents who want to brag about how cool they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I did find it funny in the ATN thread when the poster arguing for kids going mentioned his kids ages and one he brought to B&S was 0! and the guy responded "what acts would that kid even want to see?"

• Advertisement

but ep really isnt for kids its just for parents who want to brag about how cool they are

A huge and unfair assumption, but lets just agree to disagree and move on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Because there were a few trolls on the ATN thread slagging off parents bringing kids. Infantile stuff. And not at all what the huge majority on this thread (and on site) actually think.

Personally I believe that EP without kids would be a much less friendlier, mellow and enjoyable fest.

Stationmaster, here's hoping you and your family have an excellent weekend.

There’s been the same guff on previous EP threads too. Kids at festivals are grand, neglected kids anywhere are not grand - let’s move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They haven't given any kind of description about what Freetown might contain, is there going to be a main stage, a few covered stages, eating areas. They could at least give a description of the place before revealing some names.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

To be fair, this thread is 90% dominated at least by people into their music and who they're looking forward to seeing there (and proper order too) so I won't waste anymore of it on kids discussion! Looking forward to it though - even with the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

actually its the fact that ive never seen a kid at EP/Marlay Park/Malahide Castle look anything less than bored out of their minds is more my problem with it. the festival with bell x1 earlier in the summer (cant recall the name) was actually meant to be family-friendly, thats grand. but ep really isnt for kids its just for parents who want to brag about how cool they are

I went around 2009/10 as a 12 year old with my parents and really enjoyed it. I still remember seeing Cathy Davey and getting allowed in to the security/photographers area right in front of the stage!

• Advertisement

To be fair, this thread is 90% dominated at least by people into their music and who they're looking forward to seeing there (and proper order too) so I won't waste anymore of it on kids discussion! Looking forward to it though - even with the kids!

If the weather holds you and the family will adore it.

And there's been much discussion on family areas, family camping tickets, etc but I think long done.

Now we're onto impatiently demanding more acts. We're kinda like kids in the starting blocks awaiting the pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭rubick

sFCQomE.png

WHEN DO WE GET THE FRICKIN' LINE-UP?!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

rubick wrote: »
    sFCQomE.png

WHEN DO WE GET THE FRICKIN' LINE-UP?!

Has to be Friday now , usual craic around 12

I went around 2009/10 as a 12 year old with my parents and really enjoyed it. I still remember seeing Cathy Davey and getting allowed in to the security/photographers area right in front of the stage!

The good news is you're just about old enough to avoid a kicking :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Patience is starting to wear thin now with all this waiting, especially when I have a strong feeling that there won't be anything special (for me) coming in any of the remaining announcements. It's the hope that kills you. Usually the week of the festival is reserved for stage times, maps, etc so I presume that leaves 7 days for possible announcements.

15th - Jerry Fish?
    16th

19th
    20th
    21st
    22nd - Three 'Made by Music'
    23rd

So that leaves another main arena announcement and the freetown announcement hopefully? Anything else to add into the mix that has not been announced yet? I see Red Bull are down on a sponsor, they usually dip in and out in terms of their presence at the festival. I wonder will they be sponsoring an area in Freetown maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭darzog

Patience is starting to wear thin now with all this waiting, especially when I have a strong feeling that there won't be anything special (for me) coming in any of the remaining announcements. It's the hope that kills you. Usually the week of the festival is reserved for stage times, maps, etc so I presume that leaves 7 days for possible announcements.

15th - Jerry Fish?
    16th

19th
    20th
    21st
    22nd - Three 'Made by Music'
    23rd

So that leaves another main arena announcement and the freetown announcement hopefully? Anything else to add into the mix that has not been announced yet? I see Red Bull are down on a sponsor, they usually dip in and out in terms of their presence at the festival. I wonder will they be sponsoring an area in Freetown maybe?

Trailer Park lineup still looks light numbers-wise compared to previous years, but It’s doubtful that any further acts booked to play there will merit a separate announcement.

Mindfield, Global Green and micro-areas like Art Lot still to come, but I can’t remember if the latter ever warranted its own announcement.

Jerry Fish announcement tomorrow will hopefully be a bit of a tonic...

Edit: I have just realised that between these two posts, the word announced or announcement was mentioned 8 times. Damn...10 now. I now renounce the announce (11)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I just can’t understand with something as big and new as Freetown that nothing has been announced yet.

Rfrip wrote: »
    I just can’t understand with something as big and new as Freetown that nothing has been announced yet.

I'm continuing with my mini-conspiracy theory that any further major announcements are being delayed as spoilers should ATN announce early-birds in the next two weeks.

I was initially ridiculed last year when I suggested that EP were delaying the second big announcement to mess with ATN.

Are they playing silly buggers again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see Red Bull are down on a sponsor, they usually dip in and out in terms of their presence at the festival. I wonder will they be sponsoring an area in Freetown maybe?

Maybe they'll use the big Red Bull marquee from Life Festival 2014 when Four Tet, Jamie XX, LFO, Nina Kravis and the likes headlined it, it was a tremendous venue that pulled a bigger crowd than the Life main stage, mind you the weather was sh1t that year,

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'm continuing with my mini-conspiracy theory that any further major announcements are being delayed as spoilers should ATN announce early-birds in the next two weeks.

I was initially ridiculed last year when I suggested that EP were delaying the second big announcement to mess with ATN.

I doubt it, if they really wanted to pïss on ATN they would have thrown out something big when they heard everyone was stuck in their cars.

• Advertisement

Poorside wrote: »
    I doubt it, if they really wanted to pïss on ATN they would have thrown out something big when they heard everyone was stuck in their cars.

Possibly. But why distract from all the negative publicity ATN was getting on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

darzog wrote: »
    Trailer Park lineup still looks light numbers-wise compared to previous years, but It’s doubtful that any further acts booked to play there will merit a separate announcement.

Mindfield, Global Green and micro-areas like Art Lot still to come, but I can’t remember if the latter ever warranted its own announcement.

Jerry Fish announcement tomorrow will hopefully be a bit of a tonic...

Edit: I have just realised that between these two posts, the word announced or announcement was mentioned 8 times. Damn...10 now. I now renounce the announce (11)

Forgot about all of them! Global Green and Mindfield usually get their own announcements anyway. So if we throw them two in with the main arena, freetown, jerry fish and three then that would mean something on every day bar one over the next week or so!

Hmm very hard to call. Last year I didn't think they would wait until the weekend of ATN to announce something but I was wrong, I think this year it would be a step even further as we don't even know if ATN will release tickets before EP. I think that they just like the idea of building up the hype at the last minute as it makes people pounce on the tickets for next year as soon as they are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Has anybody sold a tent in Pink Moon on toutless? I have a 2-man tent to sell as we managed to get a 4-man tent instead this year. Just wondering what's the best way to go about it? Selling gig tickets is one thing when you have physical tickets to hand over to the buyer. All I have from Pink Moon is an email confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

DDOK wrote: »
    Has anybody sold a tent in Pink Moon on toutless? I have a 2-man tent to sell as we managed to get a 4-man tent instead this year. Just wondering what's the best way to go about it? Selling gig tickets is one thing when you have physical tickets to hand over to the buyer. All I have from Pink Moon is an email confirmation.

Id say you should be able to get a refund for them from pink moon themselves, they seem to be sound enough that way. Had a friend that bought a couple of extra two man tents by accident and they cancelled them when she emailed them about the mistake. Give it a go,worst thing they can say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

endainoz wrote: »
    Id say you should be able to get a refund for them from pink moon themselves, they seem to be sound enough that way. Had a friend that bought a couple of extra two man tents by accident and they cancelled them when she emailed them about the mistake. Give it a go,worst thing they can say is no.

I’ll try that. On their website, they mention something about having a waiting list so they might be happy to buy it back ... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

its official now just got my early entry passes! Payday tomorrow so the shopping begins!!

Has anyone got any suggestions for single airbeds/trolleys (ones you can buy over the counter) as I don't want to rely on delivery and then be stuck with a faulty item when it arrives and not be able to return in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Fics wrote: »
    its official now just got my early entry passes! Payday tomorrow so the shopping begins!!

Has anyone got any suggestions for single airbeds/trolleys (ones you can buy over the counter) as I don't want to rely on delivery and then be stuck with a faulty item when it arrives and not be able to return in time.

Not sure about trolleys but always get my airbeds in Halfords and they’re fine. Got a double one today for €10 not sure how much single were

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Buy a double you never know what could happen, As for a trolley man up and get your own wheel barrow and some rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

DDOK wrote: »

Sold one on adverts last year. Give guy my address, he called around, could see I was a normal joe. No bother at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Stillill42

On Saturday last year, Jerry put on for our entertainment the Minutes, Frank and Walter's, Mick Flannery, David Keenan, Engine Alley and the Murder Capital. Consecutively. Jerry runs a good tent. He'll cheer us up tomorrow.

Advertisement