Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Fics wrote: »
    its official now just got my early entry passes! Payday tomorrow so the shopping begins!!

Has anyone got any suggestions for single airbeds/trolleys (ones you can buy over the counter) as I don't want to rely on delivery and then be stuck with a faulty item when it arrives and not be able to return in time.

Mr.price had small trolleys at the weekend

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Stillill42 wrote: »
    On Saturday last year, Jerry put on for our entertainment the Minutes, Frank and Walter's, Mick Flannery, David Keenan, Engine Alley and the Murder Capital. Consecutively. Jerry runs a good tent. He'll cheer us up tomorrow.

I was there for four of those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Stillill42

And the Murder Capital album out today, isn't it? What better way to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'm continuing with my mini-conspiracy theory that any further major announcements are being delayed as spoilers should ATN announce early-birds in the next two weeks.

I was initially ridiculed last year when I suggested that EP were delaying the second big announcement to mess with ATN.

Are they playing silly buggers again?

I suspect that ATN will stay quiet for a while given events.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seen as we're in silly season, da hool is free for EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    I suspect that ATN will stay quiet for a while given events.

Makes sense, but that allows EP to get a huge jump on them in terms of ticket sales. And thus the ability to book acts for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seen as we're in silly season, da hool is free for EP

Would love to hear that "live" as it were, but what an obscure act. I hope you stood up before pulling that one out of your hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Does there ever be any Int acts from forbidden fruit come back and play EP in the same year ?

MEUTE are a great fit for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Makes sense, but that allows EP to get a huge jump on them in terms of ticket sales. And thus the ability to book acts for 2020.

Agree but the challenge for ATN is whether they need to provide people with some assurance that next year will be better organised before askingvthem to shell out. The weekend appears to have been a great weekend but a lot of people saying wouldn't go back if same organisation problems. IfvATN go early andvticket sales are poor and negativity stoked up again that would likely be worse than EP getting a jump on them. EP going to sell out regardless so ATN sales unlikely to be affected by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Agree but the challenge for ATN is whether they need to provide people with some assurance that next year will be better organised before askingvthem to shell out. The weekend appears to have been a great weekend but a lot of people saying wouldn't go back if same organisation problems. IfvATN go early andvticket sales are poor and negativity stoked up again that would likely be worse than EP getting a jump on them. EP going to sell out regardless so ATN sales unlikely to be affected by that.

All true. And ATN will easily sell 15k tickets if they’re forced to reduce their capacity. Or 22.5k if they allow Thursday access. They’re probably dealing with Gardai and local politicians right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭rubick

Gaudi posting that he's playing across his socials - is it a sign that there's a big announcement on the way now that individual artists are posting about their time slots? (He's playing B&S on the Sunday for those looking for a bit of dub/reggae/electronica).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

rubick wrote: »
    Gaudi posting that he's playing across his socials - is it a sign that there's a big announcement on the way now that individual artists are posting about their time slots? (He's playing B&S on the Sunday for those looking for a bit of dub/reggae/electronica).

Hopefully, fingers crossed!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Buy a double you never know what could happen, As for a trolley man up and get your own wheel barrow and some rope.

Prrf! Wheelbarrows are for wimps. I wrestle a crocodile, tame it, build up a rapport with it and then get it to carry all my stuff on its back to every festival. And you dont see any no crocodile signs in the T&Cs now do ya!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

In other news, my EP replacement theraphy continues apace; I saw Christine and the Queens in Brussels Summer Festival last night.

I went in more or less cold as I hadnt really listened to much bar the one or two songs that were floating about at the time of her cancelled Irish gig. I have to say I was very, ery impressed and if I had been a bit drunker Id have been blown away.

She put on a mighty stage show with a troupe of dancers, pyrotechnics and a moving rig. Not sure if all of that will go to EP, but if it does you guys will be in for a treat.

I might suggest that while one is training on a treadmill with a bag of cans in each hand, that maybe an auld linguaphone tape on your walkman, to brush up on leaving cert French, would be a solid investment.

Anyways, Im off to see how Ian McColloughs voice is holding up tonight and will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I really enjoyed her set at Glastonbury (from the comfort of my couch)
    Shes deffo on my must see. Sparse must see list i have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

She'll play the English versions of her songs here I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭rubick

RE: Trolleys

https://www.homebase.co.uk/flat-bar-trolley-120kg_p393393

Combined with duct tape to secure everything = one run (for two people).

Our usual Picnic load:
    x3 slabs of beer/cider
    x1 3 person tent
    x2 camping chairs

We carry one bag each of clothes/sleeping bags, and use lightweight inflatable hexagonal mattresses.

Bring a couple of bungee cords to secure the tent, duct tape everything twice around. The load didn't even budge on the hill leading up to the wristband exchange at ATN - and that was a trolley killer of a hill.

NOTE: seeing a lot of hand trucks with pneumatic tyres - false economy lads. Solid wheels are the money melon here - you don't want to risk a flat half-way to the campsite - plus the pneumatic tyres cause more jostling of the load. Grand for going over grass, but dodgy for paths.

I used one of these in a recent festival that has been criticised for a steep walk up and down a muddy rocky hill, and it held up quite well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Cooler-50QT-Wheeled-Xtreme/dp/B00K84W1B4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=coleman+wheeled+cooler&qid=1565859474&s=gateway&sprefix=coleman+wheel&sr=8-2

I loaded up a reasonable amount of tents, camping chairs etc on top of the lid and it was fine, the rest I carried on my back or in my spare hand.

I thought the plastic wheels wouldnt hold up but they did quite well, better than a lot of people who lost a pneumatic tyre to a sharp rock or broke an axel over uneven ground.

Also keep my beers cool right through to sunday. Wouldve kept them cool till monday too, but unfortunately they got drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

Anyone need a campervan ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hopefully my ears will be functioning properly by the time EP starts in a few weeks as I was at the Killing Joke gig last night in The Academy ,oh my word, what a show ,Jaz Coleman’s voice is unreal and the band were in top notch form.I’d love to see them at EP,amazing band

• Advertisement

I cannot recall if anyone has put King Kong Company on their "must see" list, but if you haven't seen them before, you would be well served to see them this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

BIIIIIG announcement here:
    Superstar DJ Kevin ‘Killa’ Kilbane headlines at AIB’s Tap House at Electric Picnic 2019

Thursday, 15 August 2019

Irish soccer legend-turned-DJ Kevin Kilbane will make his festival DJ debut at the AIB Tap House, the new ultimate house party experience at Electric Picnic. DJ ‘Killa’ will take to the decks for a one-off set alongside some very special guests, part of a unique line up of experiences across the weekend, that will enable people to spend less time banking and more time doing.

AIB is partnering with Visa at Electric Picnic 2019 to ensure festival goers will spend less time queueing at the ATM and more time enjoying the weekend. Contactless payments will be available at all the festival’s bars and participating food vendors and merchandise stalls too.

On-site, the AIB Tap House is a new fully contactless festival area, where experiences are unlocked by tapping with contactless card or mobile pay. It is a must visit destination, offering everything a festival-goer might need - from drag shows to DJ sets and chill-out zones, not to mention some very familiar faces.

Across the weekend, the AIB Tap House will transform into a different type of venue, with acts and events to suit every interest. ‘Female First Friday’ will see the Lost & Sound DJs kick off the weekend, while on Saturday evening, Victoria Secret, Davina Devine and Pixie Woo will take to the stage for ‘Drags at Dusk’.

DJ Kevin ‘Killa’ Kilbane will take to the stage on Saturday night, performing his first ever festival set. DJ Killa last year achieved his dream of learning how to DJ as part of the AIB #backingdoing campaign and will take his skills to the next level with a live set in the AIB Tap House.

On Sunday, the Tap House will host an exclusive surprise event, which customers can discover information about when they visit the AIB Tap House across the weekend.

BIIIIIG announcement here:

Would have loved if it was Gary Breen.

The crowd could have just repeatedly sung over his set...

"We all dream of a team of Gary Breens,
    A team of Gary Breens
    A team of Gary Breens...."

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

My must see acts:

Amelie Lens
    Billie Eilish
    Four Tet
    Hozier
    King Kong Company
    Kolsch
    Mango X Mathman
    Richard Ashcroft
    The 1975
    The Streets
    The Strokes

Wouldn't mind going to if there's nothing else on / no craic at the campsite:

Boots & Kats
    Dermot Kennedy
    Detroit Swindle
    FJAAK
    Gerry Cinnamon
    MathMan DJ Set
    Tara Stewart
    Tensnake

My must see acts:

Amelie Lens
    Billie Eilish
    Four Tet
    Hozier
    King Kong Company
    Kolsch
    Mango X Mathman
    Richard Ashcroft
    The 1975
    The Streets
    The Strokes

Boots & Kats
    Dermot Kennedy
    Detroit Swindle
    FJAAK
    Gerry Cinnamon
    MathMan DJ Set
    Tara Stewart
    Tensnake

I really like Tara Stewarts show on 2fm actually
    Id add Kelly Ann Bryne closing out body and soul on saturday night to your list too!

Contactless will be the job

*clutching on to the remaining bit of positivity i have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My must see acts:

Amelie Lens
    Billie Eilish
    Four Tet
    Hozier
    King Kong Company
    Kolsch
    Mango X Mathman
    Richard Ashcroft
    The 1975
    The Streets
    The Strokes

Boots & Kats
    Dermot Kennedy
    Detroit Swindle
    FJAAK
    Gerry Cinnamon
    MathMan DJ Set
    Tara Stewart
    Tensnake

Not sure what he story is with him at the minute.
    I can't read his writing, but seemingly his voice is in bits and had to cancel some shows.
    https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1160987233215815680?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Had a dream last night that my sister sent me on the Jerry Fish line up during the night and it was GOOOOODD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Not sure what he story is with him at the minute.
    I can't read his writing, but seemingly his voice is in bits and had to cancel some shows.
    https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1160987233215815680?s=20

Yeah it's a weird one to hand write a note. But I'd only tag along for a bit if a few of the others I'm going with were heading. My sister's bloke went to the same school and went to see him last year too so he'll probably go, support your own and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah it's a weird one to hand write a note. But I'd only tag along for a bit if a few of the others I'm going with were heading. My sister's bloke went to the same school and went to see him last year too so he'll probably go, support your own and all that

But I'm your sisters bloke!!!!

Advertisement