Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

Murder Capital have a new album, so possibly them?

This is starting to build nicely!!! We still have Freetown and we still have a main stage to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

The Academic!! Jerry must think they are cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

sydthebeat wrote: »
    AN EMOTIONAL FISH !!!!!!!!!

YES BABY !!!!!
    I last saw them live 20 odd years ago. It'll be some moment hearing Jerry belt out Celebrate again...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,629 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

patch wrote: »
    I last saw them live 20 odd years ago. It'll be some moment hearing Jerry belt out Celebrate again...

Saw them last year at Feile 2018... as good as ever !!!

Today is also a very significant day, 50 years ago half a million hippies gathered in a farm in New York for Woodstock.

There are some great vids on YouTube of the performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Not much for me im afraid as i expected, academic definatly not my thing
    Mother DJ's and Arveene perhaps but i think il be wandering around freetown at that time by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Standard enough Jerry Fish offering, will end up there a few times over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sellorex

When you do think we will get a day by day breakdown & set times? I have to head away on the Sunday morning but Ill be back on Sunday at around 9. I Really want to catch Roisin Murphy (playing sunday) and hoping that shes on past 9 O' clock. Staring to get the jitters that Ill miss her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

sellorex wrote: »
    When you do think we will get a day by day breakdown & set times? I have to head away on the Sunday morning but Ill be back on Sunday at around 9. I Really want to catch Roisin Murphy (playing sunday) and hoping that shes on past 9 O' clock. Staring to get the jitters that Ill miss her

Usually the monday the week of the festival they start releasing them, some stages on the monday, more on Tuesday and the rest on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Very loud guests? Gotta be Touts

Can't see them only playing Salty Dog.

Other possibilities, Fangclub and Otherkin.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,629 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

that jerry fish announcemnt has added about about 6 to my 'want to see' list

emotional fish
    somebodays child
    powpig
    frank n walters
    the Pale
    Join Me In The Pines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

thebusher wrote: »

Otherkin already confirmed two shows so unlikely its them, my guess TMC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

thebusher wrote: »

Touts a good call there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sydthebeat wrote: »
    that jerry fish announcemnt has added about about 6 to my 'want to see' list

emotional fish
    somebodays child
    powpig
    frank n walters
    the Pale
    Join Me In The Pines

Looks like i am adding sydthebeat to my list. Though depending on clashes may give F&W a miss as have seen a few times before (always a great show though aaaaagh it has started already)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Catch some crow black chicken if you can. They are a savage rock and roll/blues band. I've seen them a few times and never disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

rubick wrote: »
    Touts a good call there.

No disrespect to Touts, but why would they be a special guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Will definitely try and catch The Pale...missed them last year. Other that them and maybe Frank & Walters, will probably give JFish a pass this year

No disrespect to Touts, but why would they be a special guest?

Maybe they're also on a larger stage as well as Salty Dog and Jerry's gaff? I was thinking of the loud rather than special guest part tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I used these last year. It's nice to be able to spruce up with hair tools after a shower.

Also nice to sit on a loo with a clean dry seat, floor, and walls! Worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I used these last year. It's nice to be able to spruce up with hair tools after a shower.

Also nice to sit on a loo with a clean dry seat, floor, and walls! Worth it imo

Couldn't justify it - dry shampoo in Lidl for 1.50. Packet of wipes. Jobs a good 'un

IMHO
    Snowflake stuff!

Was a time that going to a festival meant a bit of roughing it. Now it's partly about getting the comforts of home and paying through the nose for the "pleasure".

disclaimer: I am as guilty as the next person, with me caravan's fridge, toilet and shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »

Last time i saw them, they were booked for a Microsoft Windows 95 launch party event in the pod.

Je suis decrepid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Frank and Walters were great at Kaleidoscope

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Anyone have any trouble ever using Viagogo?
    Other than being absolutely shafted on fees.

dansan7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any trouble ever using Viagogo?
    Other than being absolutely shafted on fees.

Does that include paying way over the odds for a ticket essentially legitimizing touting?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Was a time that going to a festival meant a bit of roughing it. Now it's partly about getting the comforts of home and paying through the nose for the "pleasure".

disclaimer: I am as guilty as the next person, with me caravan's fridge, toilet and shower.

Also, coming home on the monday evening wrecked, stinking, occasionally covered in mud, foot sores, neck cramps etc. Throw everything in a corner, shave, long hot shower then watch tv in bathrobe while chinese food is being delivered. Draw a line under a perfect weekend. This doesnt quite have the same effect if youve been having vaguely uncomfortable showers at a high price all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

very LOUD special surprise guests.

My Bloody Valentine?

The Butthole Surfers? :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I've bought a wristband for the Loowatt crappers in the Eco site. All about a comfy seat in the morning as part of the morning ablutions. Wouldn't be bothered with the whole showering nonsense. Queuing for those eats in to valuable can time.

Advertisement