Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Charlie wrote: »

People have much more disposable income in their pockets then they had 2/3/4 years ago, and EP has solidified itself as Ireland’s premier summer event.

Demand is only going one way folks.

Exactly - even the premium harvest moon camping is almost sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Exactly - even the premium harvest moon camping is almost sold out.

Jeez though to me everything has a value, even though I have a modest disposable income, I simply couldnt justify the cost of some of the premium options! Considering I'm probably going to be pissed >50% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

So Twitter is melting down with disappointed EP veterans but it looks like the only crime committed by Ticketmaster and EP is to sell their product to customers offering money until they were completely sold out.

It sucks for those who missed out. I had an inkling this was brewing so decided to forego the discount and just be on the PC at 9 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Spreece wrote: »
    So Twitter is melting down with disappointed EP veterans but it looks like the only crime committed by Ticketmaster and EP is to sell their product to customers offering money until they were completely sold out.

It sucks for those who missed out. I had an inkling this was brewing so decided to forego the discount and just be on the PC at 9 this morning.

No its not- the issue is that most/a lot of people who were due a loyalty code were waiting on theirs to be issued before they purchased and the issuance of said loyalty codes was a farce.

If my code had been issued in advance of the sale, like you'd expect, then I'd have purchased at 9am.

I am dreaming but hoping that they use the extra space to **** casa bacardi, logic and heineken areas into another field where they can boom and dance away to their hearts content without annoying the **** out of everyone else with the noise bleed

a little dance field, full of ****e.

I hear ya but I love those Cuba Libres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Managed to get a general camping installment plan ticket this morning so fairly happy with it. Was a pain in the hole trying to get myself a ticket in the couple weeks before this years festival so when it comes around next year it will be nice to be able to relax haha

Out of curiosity, when do first batch of headline acts usually get announced? Around Christmas time or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Managed to get a general camping installment plan ticket this morning so fairly happy with it. Was a pain in the hole trying to get myself a ticket in the couple weeks before this years festival so when it comes around next year it will be nice to be able to relax haha

Out of curiosity, when do first batch of headline acts usually get announced? Around Christmas time or so?

March!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I hear ya but I love those Cuba Libres

A cousin of mine has been to every picnic and thinks casa is the best thing they’ve put into the festival since it started. If I get lost I know I can just go to casa Bacardi and he’ll be there, gee eyed off mojitos. Didn’t spend any time there this year or last, but did in 2016 and enjoyed a bop and a cocktail. Long may it last I say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A cousin of mine has been to every picnic and thinks casa is the best thing they’ve put into the festival since it started. If I get lost I know I can just go to casa Bacardi and he’ll be there, gee eyed off mojitos. Didn’t spend any time there this year or last, but did in 2016 and enjoyed a bop and a cocktail. Long may it last I say

Yeah mojitos, that’s what it is.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah mojitos, that’s what it is.

And whatever else he gets his hands on of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kelly Anne-Byrne always plays a great set in Sunday afternoon, though Garbage and Chic robbed me from Bacardi this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Jeez though to me everything has a value, even though I have a modest disposable income, I simply couldnt justify the cost of some of the premium options! Considering I'm probably going to be pissed >50% of the time.

Auld folk like me need our comfort :)

Tickets and camping came in just under €1500, but it's a once in lifetime event for us, so we're splashing out and treating it as a holiday.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Auld folk like me need our comfort :)

Tickets and camping came in just under €1500, but it's a once in lifetime event for us, so we're splashing out and treating it as a holiday.

I assume that’s €1500 for two of yiz. Prices have taken a serious jump since last year, they are adding stuff like bottled water and sheepskin floor mats to justify the hikes. It is crazy given that you only go there at 3 or 4 am and are gone for the day by 11. You definitely get a decent sleep though and at our age that’s worth anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

I am dreaming but hoping that they use the extra space to **** casa bacardi, logic and heineken areas into another field where they can boom and dance away to their hearts content without annoying the **** out of everyone else with the noise bleed

a little dance field, full of ****e.

Even when The Prodigy dropped it down a bit on sunday night you could hear the boom from casa bacardi ffs. and we were well in the middle of the crowd.

Also trying to listen to Hak Baker play his evening slot in the cosby he was drowned out by the sound from rankins wood stage.

There was a wooden sound wall between I think it was Jerry Fishs sideshow tent and one to the right (could be wrong and I am sure I will be corrected) but I think more of these are needed.

Sure they can let a few lads loose on them with a few aerosol cans and we could have a new O'Banksy in our midst!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

No its not- the issue is that most/a lot of people who were due a loyalty code were waiting on theirs to be issued before they purchased and the issuance of said loyalty codes was a farce.

If my code had been issued in advance of the sale, like you'd expect, then I'd have purchased at 9am.

First off selling them on the Friday following the Picnic is shameful. Most of us are only just digesting (or forgetting) last weekend and to sell the first batch today cheapens the experience for which we've all shelled out hundreds only a few days ago. Give it another week or two at least FFS to replenish the wallet and soul.

I've been to five picnics, got no code today despite filling out the form in advance.

Although others disagreed I'm surprised it sold out so fast as there was no problem getting a Picnic ticket at last minute any of the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Yep it sure is;

Now some are happy and others not with the ticket debacle.

Moving onto positive thoughts; who do you all think may show up at EP 2019?

Here's my list Arctic Monkeys, Florence & The Machine, The Frames, Hozier, Chance the Rapper, Hot Chip, Royal Blood, Janelle Monet, for the top line acts.

The Smashing Pumpkins are back touring in the US at the moment. Would love to see Billy Corgan bash out 1979 in Stradbally.

Heritage Act: Erasure for the Sunday night slot.

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    The Smashing Pumpkins are back touring in the US at the moment. Would love to see Billy Corgan bash out 1979 in Stradbally.

Heritage Act: Erasure for the Sunday night slot.

Erasure supported Robbie Williams last year in the Aviva.

My money's on Jamiroquai for a headline Sat or Sunday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Erasure supported Robbie Williams last year in the Aviva.

My money's on Jamiroquai for a headline Sat or Sunday slot.

Forgot about that gig.

JK would be would be worth seeing alright.

Long shot: Gwen Stefani/No Doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Got emailed a code telling me I was entitled to the one - two year loyalty discount, even though I've been to the last six on the trot; work nights so made a mental note to mention it to herself over the w/end, couldn't believe it when I saw the social media posts this afternoon.

Hear all the arguments re demand etc, still convinced there was only a pittance of early-bird + loyalties made available, and it does stick in the craw, although not all that arsed about paying full whack so long as the line-up reflects the ticket price (ie. no 'bedwetters' high up the bill).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Although others disagreed I'm surprised it sold out so fast as there was no problem getting a Picnic ticket at last minute any of the last few years.

Unless you were willing to sweat right down to the wire on Friday morning/afternoon, this patently wasn’t true. Single tickets were moving for €500 on Done Deal / Adverts in the weeks leading up to this year, with any ad posted responded to with dozens of offers within the first hour.

I know this as I had been flirting with selling my ticket as I had a clash with a wedding (I’m glad I didn’t :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Charlie wrote: »
    Unless you were willing to sweat right down to the wire on Friday morning/afternoon, this patently wasn’t true. Single tickets were moving for €500 on Done Deal / Adverts in the weeks leading up to this year, with any ad posted responded to with dozens of offers within the first hour.

I know this as I had been flirting with selling my ticket as I had a clash with a wedding (I’m glad I didn’t :))

Totallly agree with this. Tickets were like gold dust this year. I know from our friends who came with us. I spent all week looking for them.

I blame Picture This for the crazy late scramble. Had they not been announced I reckon it would have been okay.

That in itself is going to be be a big influence on who they book for next year I think. Expect more of the same.

thebusher wrote: »
    Totallly agree with this. Tickets were like gold dust this year. I know from our friends who came with us. I spent all week looking for them.

I blame Picture This for the crazy late scramble. Had they not been announced I reckon it would have been okay.

That in itself is going to be be a big influence on who they book for next year I think. Expect more of the same.

I didn't mean last weekend, I meant the last few years. Prices on DoneDeal etc would hover around the €300 mark but you'd get one and then kick yourself when a new batch of face value tickets were released by TM on the Wednesday or Thursday. I know because I went under both such circumstances in 2015 and 2016.

Picture This definitely had an effect. I thought last Saturday during the day and early evening wasn't packed at all. There was no one at Gomez/Mavis Staples. Then a sudden massive surge for Dua Lipa. And then Sunday was rammed all day.

They'll definitely pull that stunt again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I smell bs. Checked my records and purchased full loyalty tickets Sept 11 2017 and Sept 13 2016. Don't need to go back further.

Anyhow, just booked ATN. My EP going days are at an end. It's happened organically. I'm OK with it.

Goodbye dear friend, it's not me , it's you. Things just aren't the same anymore.

Still love you and always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

I didn't mean last weekend, I meant the last few years. Prices on DoneDeal etc would hover around the €300 mark but you'd get one and then kick yourself when a new batch of face value tickets were released by TM on the Wednesday or Thursday. I know because I went under both such circumstances in 2015 and 2016.

Picture This definitely had an effect. I thought last Saturday during the day and early evening wasn't packed at all. There was no one at Gomez/Mavis Staples. Then a sudden massive surge for Dua Lipa. And then Sunday was rammed all day.

They'll definitely pull that stunt again next year.

But that’s the point. Things have changed over the last 12 months and will continue to, with demand only going to increase further.

The days of picking up a cost price ticket on Done Deal without a sweat are long gone, until at least the next economic crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

Erasure had 3 sold out gigs in March.

Would love them to come back to Electric Picnic.

I assume that’s €1500 for two of yiz. Prices have taken a serious jump since last year, they are adding stuff like bottled water and sheepskin floor mats to justify the hikes. It is crazy given that you only go there at 3 or 4 am and are gone for the day by 11. You definitely get a decent sleep though and at our age that’s worth anything.

Yep and herself is the big five0 next summer. So basically birthday treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Got emailed a code telling me I was entitled to the one - two year loyalty discount, even though I've been to the last six on the trot; work nights so made a mental note to mention it to herself over the w/end, couldn't believe it when I saw the social media posts this afternoon.

Hear all the arguments re demand etc, still convinced there was only a pittance of early-bird + loyalties made available, and it does stick in the craw, although not all that arsed about paying full whack so long as the line-up reflects the ticket price (ie. no 'bedwetters' high up the bill).

I disagree if you have a quick scan on social media you'll see videos of endless queues outside ticket master outlets, remember this is a pre sale not even the full event!

As said earlier, the loyalty & early bird was something few actually knew about, it allowed us on here to take a punt, get cheap tickets at our leisure. I'd say run on tickets was pretty low..2+ years ago. I remember picking them up mid October. But the secret is out so to speak, in the past two years the media channels have really focussed on the release of tickets, everyone knows about it!!

I'd suggest that even if they doubled the early bird capacity they would still have sold out. So I think its wrong to say they've reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The loyalty thing came in for 2014 I think.

Prior to that, attendances were less than half of what they are now, so the numbers who actually qualified for the discount was much lower and demand was much lower.

Now, with 50,000 people the last couple of years, the numbers qualifying must be off the charts. So unless they massively increased the number of discounts, there was always going to be a squeeze and that's exactly what happened.

The discounts started as a bit of a desperate act to get people in the gate, they don't need to do it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

The loyalty thing came in for 2014 I think.

Prior to that, attendances were less than half of what they are now, so the numbers who actually qualified for the discount was much lower and demand was much lower.

Now, with 50,000 people the last couple of years, the numbers qualifying must be off the charts. So unless they massively increased the number of discounts, there was always going to be a squeeze and that's exactly what happened.

The discounts started as a bit of a desperate act to get people in the gate, they don't need to do it any more.

Some one might have mentioned it before but if say 10,000 were entitled to 2 year loyalty, thats

10,000x20euro=200,000euro

Thats 200,000 euro they have less in profuts or in money to spend on the lineup.

And thats saying only 10,000 are entitled to it not mentioning the 3+ discount of 40euro. They will only allow a small amount of tickets to be released at these prices.
    And when you see 'sold out' naturally when the next release happens they will be snapped up. Its all marketing tactics for their advantage to ensure a sell out.

• Advertisement

I know Hozier made an impromptu appearance at EP this year like he always does but I really hope he appears on the line up officially for next year. Am blown away by his new tracks. His music has the tendency to sound very same-ish as his voice is so distinctive, but I’m loving his new stuff

Advertisement