Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Gavin James headlining opening night of today fm stage.

Back to sleep everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Gavin James headlining opening night of today fm stage.

Back to sleep everyone.

Hopefully that is all he is doing. Reckon he will bring a decent crowd andcgiven where today fm are situated it could cause mayhem. Will we get another announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We never get an announcement on a friday i think?

The first comment and gif under this tweet made me lol

https://twitter.com/epfestival/status/1161585378035417088?s=21

Rfrip wrote: »
    We never get an announcement on a friday i think?

I stand corrected..the two johnnies were announced last Friday.......so theres still hope :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably too early to get it started but clashfinder in progress, barely any acts have announced times they are on yet, if anyone spots anything or knows anyone playing feel free to update!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Rfrip wrote: »
    I stand corrected..the two johnnies were announced last Friday.......so theres still hope :pac::pac::pac:

its a very sad day when they inspire hope

its a very sad day when they inspire hope

I know i was being sarcastic:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Probably too early to get it started but clashfinder in progress, barely any acts have announced times they are on yet, if anyone spots anything or knows anyone playing feel free to update!

Sweet. I'm totally clash free ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That is one impressively bare Clashfinder.

Looking forward to fourteen days time when it’s just about completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭antfin

That's Otherkin gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seems to be a lot of fans of The Murder Capital here. Free gig today?
    The Murder Capital – Don’t Cling To Life

If you are partial to rattling post-punk guitar stylings with moody gothic lyrics, then you are going to love The Murder Capital.

The video by Ethan Barrett and Tom Gullam evokes pagan midsummer rituals that may convince you to avoid that walk in woods.

Singer James McGovern and the gang’s promotional tour for their new album When I Have Fears starts THIS afternoon at 1pm in The Thomas House basement venue on Thomas Street, Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Album sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

antfin wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭antfin

Poorside wrote: »
    What?

They've just announced that they're calling it a day. Seems to be a few Irish bands struggling to make money these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Poorside wrote: »
    What?

They're breaking up:
    https://twitter.com/OtherkinOK/status/1162302383763931137

Still going to play EP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

Nah, their breakup announcement said they're still playing EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They've just announced that they're calling it a day. Seems to be a few Irish bands struggling to make money these days.

I'd say you could nearly count on your hands the number making money exclusively from music. Just have to hope that the likes of We Cut Corners, Ships, etc who have other jobs outside the music continue to release good stuff when they can, and that a few more like Fontaines, etc can rise to the top and actually make money off the music too.

FFS people - go to gigs, buy some merch and pay for a bloody vinyl or all we'll have left is Gavin f*cking James!!!

:mad:

*rant over*

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

MadYaker wrote: »
    If I was female I’d pay it. Some of the horror shows you see in those portaloos.... you’d wonder how people manage it sometimes. I don’t know why ep don’t have the compost toilets like some UK and euro festivals, way nicer to use and much better for the environment.

Paid the €35 two years ago, we were down for the four nights so showers were had and it was a godsend having hairdryers etc (I know, terribly vain etc). Only ended up using the toilets once or twice 'cos we were in Wilde and it was in Hendrix I think but given the amount of other ****e we can waste money on I didn't really mind paying it to feel properly cleaned up halfway through.

You're right about horrors, once stopped drinking early enough so no hangover the next morning but puked after going into a portaloo and seeing/smelling a pile of someone else's ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Otherkin at the Salty Dog is going to be a bit special.

• Advertisement

Ah balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That’s sh!t news about Otherkin. Saw them in Rankins Wood a few years ago and they blew the roof off the place.

They rocked Salty Dog whenever they were there too.

That debut album was class.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Otherkin at the Salty Dog is going to be a bit special.

Now I wish i had a ticket for EP :( There new stuff is unreal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Can someone post a few lines about what's open on Thursday? I'm committed to going early but my two companions are himming and hawing... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rcarroll1992

Kodaline have 1st September listed on their website as EP. Not a massive fan but surely with them and Razorlight self announcing theres more to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭endainoz

Kodaline have 1st September listed on their website as EP. Not a massive fan but surely with them and Razorlight self announcing theres more to follow.

Oh great, Gavin James and Kodaline. C'mon man where's the rest of it?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Can someone post a few lines about what's open on Thursday? I'm committed to going early but my two companions are himming and hawing... Thanks

Food stalls
    Hazelwood has comedy on and a cafe/bar
    Salty dog will have something and I think free town will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Glass half full - Yeah, there's more...and it's got to be better

Glass half empty - f__k, is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Wonder why they haven’t announced yet seeing as kodaline and razorlight have it up on their websites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Oh f**k it anyway, that is going to be their big surprise now isn't it :(

Advertisement