Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Poorside wrote: »
    Food stalls
    Hazelwood has comedy on and a cafe/bar
    Salty dog will have something and I think free town will be open.

Carnival in Jimmy Hendrix is open too for those inclined (of which I am one :))

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

Poorside wrote: »
    Food stalls
    Hazelwood has comedy on and a cafe/bar
    Salty dog will have something and I think free town will be open.

It's also just class (imo) waking up all set up Friday instead of dealing with all the traffic and clambering for tent space. Remember going to bed after a gazebo sesh Thursday iwith loads of space between everyone's tents and sticking my head out the next morning to chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

melwurdo wrote: »
    It's also just class (imo) waking up all set up Friday instead of dealing with all the traffic and clambering for tent space. Remember going to bed after a gazebo sesh Thursday iwith loads of space between everyone's tents and sticking my head out the next morning to chaos

Yup this time 2 weeks I'll be outside my tent waiting for the rest of our group to rock up as a sweaty mess

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Razorlight - King Kong Company

Kneecap - The Riptide Movement - Toucan

Lyra - Fangclub - Touts

JyellowL - The Scratch -

Alex Gough - The Wha - His Father's Voice

The Clockworks - ELM - Sinead O'Brien - Post-Party - Isaac Butler - Aimèe

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Sorry to disappoint guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Another benefit - 2 out of our group are coming down on Thursday to pitch tents and get set up after work, then heading home that night as they've to work half days the Friday. Takes away so much stress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

antfin wrote: »
    That's Otherkin gone anyway.

That is a real pity have some great memories of their gigs and a great album. EP shows could be mental now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭endainoz

Razorlight - King Kong Company

Kneecap - The Riptide Movement - Toucan

Lyra - Fangclub - Touts

JyellowL - The Scratch -

Alex Gough - The Wha - His Father's Voice

The Clockworks - ELM - Sinead O'Brien - Post-Party - Isaac Butler - Aimèe

Delighted we got Kneecap, at least one of my predictions was correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

that's it according to EP website - final line up. Not much there for me on today's announcement but plenty to keep me happy overall. 2 weeks baby!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Kodaline just announced. Blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

King Kong Company, Touts, JyellowL, The Scratch, The Wha, and Sinead O'Brien had all been announced for Body & Soul or Salty Dog already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Um.

Freetown pls?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If I had a ticket, and Kodaline and Razorlight were added, I'd nearly give it back. That's made the line up actually look worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus christ. The lineup looked better yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

rubick wrote: »
    Um.

Freetown pls?

I do think there has to be some decent dance act added!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jesus christ. The lineup looked better yesterday.

Grim. Very grim

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

I just noticed on the early entry pass , it says entry at 9pm? Is that correct ? Didn't go early last year but from what I can remember it was around 6pm.

Weepsie wrote: »
    If I had a ticket, and Kodaline and Razorlight were added, I'd nearly give it back. That's made the line up actually look worse.

Lucky nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to see them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

retrofest wrote: »
    I just noticed on the early entry pass , it says entry at 9pm? Is that correct ? Didn't go early last year but from what I can remember it was around 6pm.

Gates open 4pm (although it was 4.20pm last year, slackers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a bloody awful final announcement. A few of them were already on the bill and it includes Razorlight. What year is it?!

Either way - there is a lot in the line-up to keep most people happy already, though I'd say if anyone was idling to make a decision based on a final announcement, that wouldn't exactly tip the balance in favour of going!

So is Freetown going to be drawn from the existing line-up?

• Advertisement

retrofest wrote: »

4pm, won't let me post the link but it's in the ticket info section of their website

Mucker46 wrote: »
    That is a real pity have some great memories of their gigs and a great album. EP shows could be mental now.

Nah their announcement says they're still playing EP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭glennponder

FFS....at least with picture this last year we got the prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Koda fkn line.

Anyway as I mentioned a few pages back, a friends young fella has a band called The Wha and they are in this announcement. Just signed a record deal and will be playing salty dog.

All the indie teenage kickers should really like them.

Fkn Koda fkn line! Honestly:-(

Either way - there is a lot in the line-up to keep most people happy already, though I'd say if anyone was idling to make a decision based on a final announcement, that wouldn't exactly tip the balance in favour of going!

But it's already sold out, people have made their choices already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Toucan is good.

the rest i won't bother with, hopefully Kodaline clashes with something else i want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

endainoz wrote: »

Sure - but I was talking about someone who might have a ticket, not be too pushed about the line-up and who was waiting to see if the last announcement was worth checking out.

They might opt to throw the tickets on Toutless now, knowing that Kodaline and Razorlight was the big reveal at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

endainoz wrote: »

Not really. Just cos you have a ticket, doesn't mean you will go. I know someone who is going pending a decent shout on the weather comes the Thursday.

The lineup is not all that impressive this year. Could pretty much take it or leave it myself except there are a handful of acts that I have not seen before and want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So do we surmise Freetown is just local djs etc and people already on the line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

Rfrip wrote: »
    So do we surmise Freetown is just local djs etc and people already on the line up

I hope not! Surely there is something more up their sleeve??

Advertisement