Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

thebusher wrote: »
    Koda fkn line.

Anyway as I mentioned a few pages back, a friends young fella has a band called The Wha and they are in this announcement. Just signed a record deal and will be playing salty dog.

All the indie teenage kickers should really like them.

Fkn Koda fkn line! Honestly:-(

Are they playing twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weakest/poppiest picnic ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

maximoose wrote: »

The weakest for electronic for sure I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Weakest picnic ever?

your comment probably belongs on their Facebook page under the announcement

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

last year was VERY pop.

with 57,500 fans there will be lot who will eat up that pop type announcement, (gavinjames, 2 jonnies, kodaline, jess glynn etc), but theres enough in the under card for the non pop fan to be happy with.

its not a rock festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Is king kong company playing twice? or are they just piggy backing on the Body and soul announcement of them? Still dont think the B+S stage will be good for KKC - Sure they nearly filled Electric Arena last year during the day, and then their slot at Salty Dog was jammed packed.

Kodaline as their final big announcement is pretty poor in all fairness, not what I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

no Le Galaxie? Usually a banker

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Glass half full - Yeah, there's more...and it's got to be better

Glass half empty - f__k, is that it?

And the winners are.....you half empty folks! Yaaay....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Other Voices been gone has left a very big "up coming and alternative" hole in the line up though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rcarroll1992

thebusher wrote: »
    Koda fkn line.

Anyway as I mentioned a few pages back, a friends young fella has a band called The Wha and they are in this announcement. Just signed a record deal and will be playing salty dog.

All the indie teenage kickers should really like them.

Fkn Koda fkn line! Honestly:-(

Where can we listen to them? Cant seem to find them on spotify and only came across 1/2 videos on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

That was a terrible last announcement, we got The Prodigy last year, this year we get Gavin James & Kodaline, shocking.

Where is the dance headliner act?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    So do we surmise Freetown is just local djs etc and people already on the line up

If it is then the disappointment of seeing todays line up will pale in comparison to there not being any announcement at all for Freetown. It's the first year that none of the announcements have got me in any way excited.

In fairness to them the lineup seems very popular this year, comments under their facebook post today are largely positive, but I can see myself and EP going in different directions unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Rfrip wrote: »
    The weakest for electronic for sure I think

And for hiphop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Other Voices been gone has left a very big "up coming and alternative" hole in the line up though

I have a feeling that Three 'Made by Music' thing in the woods could cater for this type of act. The likes of Soule, Jafaris, Wyvern Lingo etc. maybe or acts of that ilk. Did they have something like that at Body & Soul or am I getting my wires crossed?

(bare in mind 2 minutes ago I posted saying every single announcement had disappointed me this year... so I am probably completely wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

The fact that Freetown is only 7,000 capacity leads me to believe no dance headliner to be announced. No chems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

I was really hoping for a Franz Ferdinand type act to be announced. Hope they announce some good electronic acts for Freetown.

Anyone decent in that new announcement? Besides KKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

saw 24 bands last year (that I can remember). Won't be that many this year - but I'll try use the spare time to walk around and explore the place a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭glennponder

That was a terrible last announcement, we got The Prodigy last year, this year we get Gavin James & Kodaline, shocking.

Gavin James???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Where was he announced?

If it is then the disappointment of seeing todays line up will pale in comparison to there not being any announcement at all for Freetown. It's the first year that none of the announcements have got me in any way excited.

In fairness to them the lineup seems very popular this year, comments under their facebook post today are largely positive, but I can see myself and EP going in different directions unfortunately.

Il be interested to hear how you feel when it’s over and comparing it to atn

I’m frustrated with the line up like you especially in terms of dance but I’m no near giving up on going !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

Where was he announced?
    Some Today FM soundgarden ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There's plenty in the line up for me overall, but man alive, that final announcement is complete dogshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Eco Campsite just emailed their info - open from 4pm - 10pm on the Thursday for first entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Hmmm. Was glad to see Mother club DJs in yesterdays announcement as a solid backup plan. But now it looks they will be one of the better shows for the dance heads....
    Any other recommendations apart from Amelie Lens and Richie Hawtkin?

patch wrote: »
    Hmmm. Was glad to see Mother club DJs in yesterdays announcement as a solid backup plan. But now it looks they will be one of the better shows for the dance heads....

Kelly Anne Byrne body and soul main stage will be great if you love mother djs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Underwhelming final announcement, probably because we already knew about Razorlight, happy with Fangclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Acosta

Weepsie wrote: »
    If I had a ticket, and Kodaline and Razorlight were added, I'd nearly give it back. That's made the line up actually look worse.

People need to stop buying tickets for this before the line-up is announced. They're only taking your money and laughing at ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭dav09

Very poor & disappointing, almost no hip hop and very little electronic (besides a couple of techno DJs and one or two others), not enough variety and tends to be leaning more and more towards pop/ oxygen crowd appeal-er. A few decent acts down the tiers but headliner wise its as pop as it gets now (besides the strokes).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

patch wrote: »

Dusky, Four tet, Kolsch, Fjakk.
    All very good, but depends what sort of dance you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm not too mad about the latest announcement. But there's great headliners and solid undercard.

I have 40+ acts I want to see.

Also looking forward to Razorlight and the streets who I managed to evade during their hey days.

Advertisement