Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Don't forget Gaudi at Body & Soul and hopefully the Earthship stage has some of the jungle style from last year. Also rubick check out DJ Kali at Trenchtown, she plays some wicked DnB, jungle, gabba and rocky dubstep in her set.

Legend!
    Great to see Kali back on the line-up, hasn't been at the Picnic for a few years now. Definitely in for Gaudi of course, should be a great setting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sellorex

Tips on Electric Arena acts? My favorite big stage

James Blake, Róisín Murphy & Four Tet perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

sellorex wrote: »

James Blake, Róisín Murphy & Four Tet perhaps?

The Streets and Gerry Cinnamon I would guess too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sellorex wrote: »

James Blake, Rn Murphy & Four Tet perhaps?

I think you will have to wait and see, no one has any idea yet who is playing what stage except maybe the main stage and some of the likely subs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

ATN much better for moaners. They're new and they're fresh and moan about cooler stuff. I'm done with EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Go easy on the stuff lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Festival Republic holding something back from us. They're thriving off the lack of excitement about this final line-up. Our tears make them more powerful. Then Aphex Twin is announced 5 mins before the gates open.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    So you don't like hiphop or dance, but you think its a pity that its so rock and pop focused? What exactly were you hoping for? Classical?

Jesus, there are some amount of moaners on this thread.

I’m not moaning. Was already happy with the lineup before today’s “announcement”, was just expressing some empathy with dance and hiphop fans who have been sold a bit short this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Sure - but I was talking about someone who might have a ticket, not be too pushed about the line-up and who was waiting to see if the last announcement was worth checking out.

They might opt to throw the tickets on Toutless now, knowing that Kodaline and Razorlight was the big reveal at the end.

Even if they do, the tickets have already been bought from Ticketmaster. Maybe a few will throw their tickets on toutless but I think the majority that say they will don't actually end up following through with it.

I don't really get the negativity here, there are clearly plenty of dance acts to be announced for Freetown that will easily fill that void. This Irish pop additional acts has been part of EP for a few years now, hardly a shock for anyone. It's not EPs fault that Razorlight self announced before time.

Saw loads here yesterday making their must see lists and now all of a sudden the lineup is worse? Silly statement to make.

We all get a bit tense around this time. Go and listen to a bit of Courtney Barnett. It'll be grand. We'll be warming up for These Charming Men in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Stillill42 wrote: »
    We all get a bit tense around this time. Go and listen to a bit of Courtney Barnett. It'll be grand. We'll be warming up for These Charming Men in 2 weeks.
    Off to see These Charming Men in Sligo tonight.....get the EP mood into full swing!

LowOdour wrote: »
    Off to see These Charming Men in Sligo tonight.....get the EP mood into full swing!

Ah, nice one! That's what we all need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

d
    rubick wrote: »
    Festival Republic holding something back from us. They're thriving off the lack of excitement about this final line-up. Our tears make them more powerful. Then Aphex Twin is announced 5 mins before the gates open.

I would be onsite possibly with no internet and probably wouldn't know he'd been added then come late Friday I meet one of ye and you will ask me, did ya go and see Aphex? Whaaaaaaaa... :eek::(:mad::o:eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I took my own advice, stuck on Courtney and she starts singing about EP!

Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
    Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    Give me all your money, and I'll make some origami, honey....

A bit much, I thought.

And also lads, Kneecap are going to be a weekend highlight. Highly recommended for anyone that hasn't seen them. They have the unique accolade of getting banned from RTE and BBC on the same day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    These musicians are always appreciative of such feedback and I've had some lovely chats with bands since returning home two years ago.

Please tell me you went to EP 2013 and only returned home in 2017. No questions asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

ATN much better for moaners. They're new and they're fresh and moan about cooler stuff. I'm done with EP.

And we have better traffic jams, nah nah nah nah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Please tell me you went to EP 2013 and only returned home in 2017. No questions asked!

Yep. The definitive Lost Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Maybe EP can have major traffic issues this year. Then we can reach the heights of the 2018 moans. It would be just like EP to arrange something petty like that, so as not to be outdone by ATN.

Maybe EP can have major traffic issues this year. Then we can reach the heights of the 2018 moans. It would be just like EP to arrange something petty like that, so as not to be outdone by ATN.

You wouldn't put it past them, the cunning feckers. Or to have NO food vendors. Or a plague of locusts, to outdo the wasp thing. Let's see what they come up with.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't put it past them, the cunning feckers. Or to have NO food vendors. Or a plague of locusts, to outdo the wasp thing. Let's see what they come up with.

Maybe while Kodaline are on they close every other stage thus forcing everyone to listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Despite not being blown away by the line-up this year, I’m not too bothered because based on my experience last year (where the line-up had fewer must-see acts for me), I still had a great weekend and experienced much more of the EP festival than I had in previous years. Roll on August 30th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Unfortunately todays announcement hasnt added much to my list of must see or like to see acts (bit of research on today to be done) but given my list is currently at about 40 with a few more announcements yet to come i am still a happy man and looking forward to another great weekend.
    Not a dance or hip hop fan so cant comment on line up but realise there is a whole language i dont understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Otherkin have packed it in. What a bummer. One of the best live Irish acts and now they’re gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Unfortunately todays announcement hasnt added much to my list of must see or like to see acts (bit of research on today to be done) but given my list is currently at about 40 with a few more announcements yet to come i am still a happy man and looking forward to another great weekend.
    Not a dance or hip hop fan so cant comment on line up but realise there is a whole language i dont understand.

The Streets fit into the hip-hop category and may be on the cusp of your taste Mucker. As would have been The Roots, if booked, due to the live band setup.

And it's surprising after having the biggest current rap act on the planet last year that this year offers so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Streets fit into the hip-hop category and may be on the cusp of your taste Mucker. As would have been The Roots, if booked, due to the live band setup.

And it's surprising after having the biggest current rap act on the planet last year that this year offers so little.

Can take or leave streets but if there is a gap will drop in. Each year try something outside my normal, works sometimes, kkc, not others, jungle. Open to suggestions for this year.

As an aside liking the sound of kid karate.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

LowOdour wrote: »

I'll see you there! Might try and sneak in a few tinnies just to get that EP feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

If anyone is looking for some festival boots, I bought a good pair of hiking boots in Lidl for 22 quid. Kept meaning to buy them for EP’s past! Bought a new sleeping bag too. Starting to really get into that excited anticipation feeling now!

I saw Aldi have pretty decent tents for anyone looking. Was tempted to upgrade but old Betsy has a few years left in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

I know announcement today was a let down for some, It just means I have more free time to go to the other stages to see other bands! It would be worse if all the bands were 'must sees", oh I can feel the headache already!

Still at the research stage on who to see, which mostly involves how much dancing around the living room each band inpires me to do while drinking from a can of Hieniken, (wife and kids in bed, headphones on and and curtains closed!)

Oh the pain we must endure in quest of the ultimate weekend experience!

• Advertisement

You can sort of gauge the slippage of the line up from the dizzy heights that some of the homegrown talent has reached on the bill. Even allowing for the mass appeal of your Dermo Kennedys and your Hoziers, David Keenan is on the same billing as Echo and the Bunnymen. Now I really like David but you wouldn't have got that 4 or 5 years ago.

Anyway, look, if it was Irish acts and nothing else, I'd have a great weekend. Every young lad in the country seems to be listening to Joy Division these days so I'll be well looked after. Just noticed the Skatuesques are in Trenchtown this year. Had a beautiful half hour on the Saturday morning (?) last year at a sunny Salty Dog listening to those girls belting out ska classics. That's the sort of thing that you forget when weeping and gnashing teeth over ****ty announcements.

Advertisement