Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I know Hozier made an impromptu appearance at EP this year like he always does but I really hope he appears on the line up officially for next year. Am blown away by his new tracks. His music has the tendency to sound very same-ish as his voice is so distinctive, but I’m loving his new stuff

I'd imagine he'll do a few standalone gigs next summer - RDS, Marquee, Kilmainham, Trinity and the likes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

thebusher wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'll do a few standalone gigs next summer - RDS, Marquee, Kilmainham, Trinity and the likes.

Doesnt mean he wouldnt play EP too, Picture This did RDS/Cork/Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Some one might have mentioned it before but if say 10,000 were entitled to 2 year loyalty, thats

10,000x20euro=200,000euro

Thats 200,000 euro they have less in profuts or in money to spend on the lineup.

And thats saying only 10,000 are entitled to it not mentioning the 3+ discount of 40euro. They will only allow a small amount of tickets to be released at these prices.
    And when you see 'sold out' naturally when the next release happens they will be snapped up. Its all marketing tactics for their advantage to ensure a sell out.

i just rang them and got a refund for difference between 3 year loyalty and early bird, without much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Peterd66 wrote: »
    i just rang them and got a refund for difference between 3 year loyalty and early bird, without much hassle.

Well done that should start the ball rolling and the phones ringing on Monday morning.

Its only right its their fault for not issuing the proper discount codes to the right people in time. Hope others can get refunds too.

If Electric Picnic organisers say you are entitled to it then tickermaster have to honour that discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Thomas Dolby for sub-headliner next year.

Actually shocked he's never played before. (Has he?)Will satiate the older demographic and fit beautifully with everyone else.

Jamiroquai headliner Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Actually shocked he's never played before. (Has he?)Will satiate the older demographic and fit beautifully with everyone else.

Almost certain he's never played. Would be delighted with that. Or Heaven 17, John Foxx, Ultravox or the overdue return of the Human League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Peterd66 wrote: »

Have sent a mail. What number did you use just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Mucker46 wrote:
    Have sent a mail. What number did you use just in case?

0818903001 option 5

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Almost certain he's never played. Would be delighted with that. Or Heaven 17, John Foxx, Ultravox or the overdue return of the Human League.

Heaven 17 are currently touring, with Propaganda as support.

Level 42 are also on the road and the whole tour in the UK is sold out, can't get a ticket for love nor money.

One or more of the acts we've mentioned really must be a shoo-in for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jamiroquai would be perfect... serious catalogue of tunes... some WD40 on the floor of main stage:p watch that magical footwork!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Am I the only utterly fed up and furious person??

I've been to every single EP bar 2. I've always bought my EP tickets on Ticketmaster, logged in to my account. Without fail every single year TM have failed to send me a discount code and I've had to either email them or call them to get a code.

This year, yet again, I didnt get a code and now (on my first day off since EP2018) I try to sort something and I'm seeing message on the TM website saying the loyalty codes are all sold out? Its just beyond a joke.

No wonder everyone with half a brain is defecting to ATN. They have no value on loyalty and its ironic theyre called loyalty discounts. They should be called impossible to get discounts. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Kicking myself for not buying early birds with the wrong code that they sent me now that they're refunding people. I stupidly thought we'd just wait for the correct code and then buy. Still have a campervan ticket but the whole thing has put a sour taste on it for me and not sure we're happy to pay full whack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

eleMental wrote: »
    Am I the only utterly fed up and furious person??

I've been to every single EP bar 2. I've always bought my EP tickets on Ticketmaster, logged in to my account. Without fail every single year TM have failed to send me a discount code and I've had to either email them or call them to get a code.

This year, yet again, I didnt get a code and now (on my first day off since EP2018) I try to sort something and I'm seeing message on the TM website saying the loyalty codes are all sold out? Its just beyond a joke.

No wonder everyone with half a brain is defecting to ATN. They have no value on loyalty and its ironic theyre called loyalty discounts. They should be called impossible to get discounts. Never again.
    according to TM, you need to have signed up for future marketing emails when buying your tickets for each of the past festival purchases. did you?

I certainly untick it, and didn't get a code.

I'd imagine the people that signed up for marketing emails for 3 previous purchases got the correct code.
    people who got the wrong code probably had the box unticked for some of their previous purchases.

in previous years this wasn't an issue as there was time to get the correct code, but this year (and last year), the demand is massive for loyalty tickets, so if you haven't got things set-up correctly, then you were always going to run the risk of them selling out before you got a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

I get TM marketing emails so I dont tick the box ever when I buy tickets now because I'm already on the mailing list. Are you saying that you have to tick the box every single time?

That makes me sad - means its a loyalty code for Opting In to their marketing rather than a loyalty code for going to the actual event....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eleMental wrote: »
    I get TM marketing emails so I dont tick the box ever when I buy tickets now because I'm already on the mailing list. Are you saying that you have to tick the box every single time?

That makes me sad - means its a loyalty code for Opting In to their marketing rather than a loyalty code for going to the actual event....:mad:
    If you’ve been every year surely you know that demand has been increasing over the last few years?

It really has become a first up best dressed scenario. I got the wrong code again this year but I saw it as the lesser of two evils. It was either some level of discount or none at all. So I wasn’t willing to wait for them to email the correct one.

It does make me worried for future years though. But that said, I think they’ll eventually scrap it as it’s probably a pain the the hole to manage and it was only brought in to address flagging sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Oh man.... on the Facebook Ep19 banter group, someone has asked 'who would you like to see headline next year'

The answers are awful! Pink, Imagine dragons, Gary Barlow... Coldplay:rolleyes:

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Oh man.... on the Facebook Ep19 banter group, someone has asked 'who would you like to see headline next year'

The answers are awful! Pink, Imagine dragons, Gary Barlow... Coldplay:rolleyes:

Well that's what you'll get when you've just had Dua Lipa, George Ezra and Picture This as headliners this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Kicking myself for not buying early birds with the wrong code that they sent me now that they're refunding people. I stupidly thought we'd just wait for the correct code and then buy. Still have a campervan ticket but the whole thing has put a sour taste on it for me and not sure we're happy to pay full whack

If you do opt out, I’ll gladly take your campervan ticket off your hands. They were sold out by the time I got my ticket.

I assume there WILL be more released with the next block of tickets though? Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

alastair wrote: »
    If you do opt out, I’ll gladly take your campervan ticket off your hands. They were sold out by the time I got my ticket.

I assume there WILL be more released with the next block of tickets though? Anyone know for sure?

Probably not. Didn't happen last year.

Well that's what you'll get when you've just had Dua Lipa, George Ezra and Picture This as headliners this year.

None of those were headliners. But yeah, we now run the risk of getting their like topping the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

None of those were headliners. But yeah, we now run the risk of getting their like topping the bill.

Got to admit Picture This got the place going but not what you want or expect before The Prodigy.

Yeah we need a few big headliners for ep19 some "Big Arena" bands not your george or dua lipa.

Educate these youngsters about real music!

Got to admit Picture This got the place going but not what you want or expect before The Prodigy.

Yeah we need a few big headliners for ep19 some "Big Arena" bands not your george or dua lipa.

The Revolution (Prince's Purple Rain band) are touring Europe next year. They're at a festival in the US this weekend Nile Rodgers also playing (as ever!).

ATN had New Power Generation, would be great to see Wendy, Lisa, Dr Fink etc rock the stage at Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

I think the overwhelming demand on Friday was a genuine surprise to the organisers and I doubt they set out to screw people over, hence the refunds we are hearing about.

The “ loyalty” scheme needs to be scrapped now because there are simply too many people entitled to discounts - a natural consequence of longevity.

Spreece wrote: »
    I think the overwhelming demand on Friday was a genuine surprise to the organisers and I doubt they set out to screw people over, hence the refunds we are hearing about.

The “ loyalty” scheme needs to be scrapped now because there are simply too many people entitled to discounts - a natural consequence of longevity.

It's simply poor preparation I believe. Third year in a row so not optimistic.

I'm entitled to the 3-year loyalty pass (and luckily got it in time after a few emails to TM) but I'd be happy with a change to a first-come first-served tier system as long as they had sizeable number of the cheapest tickets.

How about 10k at Tier 1 for €165, 10k at Tier 2 for €185, 10k at Tier 3 for €205 and the remainder at €245? With all tiers available on instalments as that's the only way to give everyone a fair shout, particularly those with depleted bank accounts four days after the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Has to be Radiohead this year
    (Duck and run for cover!!!!)

The pumpkins would be my dream but I can’t see that happening after seeing this years headliners.

bergipau wrote: »
    Has to be Radiohead this year
    (Duck and run for cover!!!!)

The pumpkins would be my dream but I can’t see that happening after seeing this years headliners.

I get that there was no headlining rock/indie band but two of the three headliners are from the same era as the Pumpkins and wouldn't be out of place on a bill with them.

I get that there was no headlining rock/indie band but two of the three headliners are from the same era as the Pumpkins and wouldn't be out of place on a bill with them.

The running order last weekend was a bit mad.

Sunday evening George Ezra and Picture This followed by The Prodigy. Massive Attack and The Prodigy should have had each others slots. The Prodigy suffered in that slot whereas Duran Duran last year had the whole crowd paying attention.

Dua Lipa whilst not officially a headliner was on 8.45 to 10pm Saturday which is as prime as you can get.

Gomez and Garbage each day at 4pm was inexplicable (and unforgivable).

Sunday evening George Ezra and Picture This followed by The Prodigy. Massive Attack and The Prodigy should have had each others slots. The Prodigy suffered in that slot whereas Duran Duran last year had the whole crowd paying attention.

Dua Lipa whilst not officially a headliner was on 8.45 to 10pm Saturday which is as prime as you can get.

Not a headliner at all. Not even on the first tier of acts. But she may actually have got the biggest crowd of the weekend as Hozier did in an afternoon slot a few years back.

Headliners were Kendrick, Massive Attack and The Prodigy so I think we can rest assured we're not going to get three bedwetters at the top of the pile next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

where/when do you think Gomez should have played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

where/when do you think Gomez should have played?

Never were anywhere near being a massive record seller in their heyday but were a mercury prize winner and quite popular, would have thought a tea time slot in a tent like Cosby would have suited them.

Advertisement