Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darzog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That sounds like a good way to start EP. Newstalk schedule lists his show as 2-4. That about right? I thought the main arena only opened about 3/4 or has that changed?

Edit - checked and open at 2pm.

Main arena open at 2pm indeed but there tends to be a bit of a ring of steel around the main stage area even after that time. I have seen myself literally jumping up and down on the spot at the fence saying to a poor bloke in hi-vis...”but but but, it’s gone 2...you’ve got to let me through, there’s free wine to be had!” The cat’s out of the bag now. See y’all there for a cheap snifter!

fafy wrote: »
    Is the Newstalk setup within Mindfield ?

Yep, left hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/bringing-kids-to-festivals-is-the-worst-kind-of-performance-parenting-1.3980834?mode=amp

She must have been on the ATN thread. Odd article, starts off poking fun at the idea and then ultimately enjoying it. Bit of a click bait headline I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seán Moncrieff is so 1986.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Booked in for the Sunday Drunch in Theatre Of Food, sounds like a laugh and you get fed, and by day 3 we all need something substantial.

https://www.giv2go.com/ticket-events/epic-irish-sunday-brunch-82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

darzog wrote: »
    Lesser explored EP pockets of happiness pt. 37. I love ambling and then ambling some more around the arena of a Friday afternoon waiting for the madness to descend...then always manage to find myself a spot on a comfy settee in the Newstalk tent for Seán Moncrieff’s live Friday broadcast, mainly for the fact that he always seems to have a wine expert on and there are some lovely free samples floating about. It has become a bit of a tradition now and sets me up rightly for the craziness.

Stradbally is a beautiful location (as we know), odd as it seems I get a real buzz when I see the reaction of first timers arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Darzog's tip includes free wine. Cue the entire Boards thread arriving at the Newstalk tent at the same time...

I like to start with Kinara Kitchen on a Friday. Always less of a queue than later in the weekend and the best food on site as far as I'm concerned.

Kinara on the way from Pink Moon site and then straight to mind field for free wine followed by the charming men at the salty dog. That has the sound of a plan coming together.

endainoz wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/bringing-kids-to-festivals-is-the-worst-kind-of-performance-parenting-1.3980834?mode=amp

She must have been on the ATN thread. Odd article, starts off poking fun at the idea and then ultimately enjoying it. Bit of a click bait headline I think.

Yeah seen that earlier, so dramatic and paints such a miserable picture :) like if festivals were that bad why would we return year after year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yeah seen that earlier, so dramatic and paints such a miserable picture :) like if festivals were that bad why would we return year after year...

I think it's supposed to be a comedy type piece but the joke went way over my head anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yep, about 25 metres inside on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Spreece wrote: »
    Kinara on the way from Pink Moon site and then straight to mind field for free wine followed by the charming men at the salty dog. That has the sound of a plan coming together.

I love when one comes together

Seán Moncrieff is so 1986.

/s

THE damming indictment of Boards 2019.

Nevertheless we should avail of his free wine and make ourselves known to Sean. Vent a little about the late announcements, bedwetter acts, lack of freeflow, etc. Never taken over a radio show before. Who's in?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I like moncrieff, especially his movies and booze section.
    I normally don't like the aussie accent but the aussie one that does the movies has a very sexy voice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus. Someone should warn Seán and his entourage about what's headed their way.

THE damming indictment of Boards 2019.

Nevertheless we should avail of his free wine and make ourselves known.

I was talking to a guy that went to great lengths to smuggle a container of red wine into the main arena, he and his mates arrived at Newstalk and started drinking while watching and in full view of Moncrieff during his live broadcast.
    Sean smiled over at him, he took this to be "ha ha you crafty guy's sneaked that in" type of look.. but only a few minutes later the Newstalk crew started handing out glasses/containers and served out **** loads of free wine, it was time for the "wine review" :):)

Booked in for the Sunday Drunch in Theatre Of Food, sounds like a laugh and you get fed, and by day 3 we all need something substantial.

https://www.giv2go.com/ticket-events/epic-irish-sunday-brunch-82

Drunch = drenched brunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Drunch = drenched brunch?

Haha, more like still drunk, while at a brunch.

Has anyone been at “Berlin Haus”, or even managed to find it ?

Haha, more like still drunk, while at a brunch.

Has anyone been at “Berlin Haus”, or even managed to find it ?

Last year it was between the Salty Dog and Hazel Wood. Closer to the former and only obvious by a small sign plus people waiting. Always queues outside and one-in one-out so I didn't bother. Good reports though and some impressive DJs if that's your thing.

Mitski is a far more substantial individual than I gave her credit for. She's getting on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Last year it was between the Salty Dog and Hazel Wood. Closer to the former and only obvious by a small sign plus people waiting. Always queues outside and one-in one-out so I didn't bother. Good reports though and some impressive DJs if that's your thing.

Same, walked past it a load of times and was itching for a look but I'm not into dance at all so gave it a swerve as a good EP citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Yep, about 25 metres inside on the left.

Is it still there? Could have sworn they didn’t have a tent last year (and possibly not in 2017 either)

2016 was last time I remember them being at EP - was always a safe bet for AI Hurling final before the GAA changed the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

blackwhite wrote: »
    Is it still there? Could have sworn they didn’t have a tent last year (and possibly not in 2017 either)

2016 was last time I remember them being at EP - was always a safe bet for AI Hurling final before the GAA changed the dates

Yeah, it wasn't there last year unfortunately. It was there in 2017 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

blackwhite wrote: »

It was there in 2017 as I watched the second half of game after King Kong Company as it was Galway Versus Waterford, I remember KKC rushing off to see the second half too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Subject to any other announcements my list is
    Must see
    Strokes, billie, CATQ, EATB, Richard Ashcroft, Johnny Marr, Talos, Whenyoung, Dermot Kennedy, Just Mustard, The Pale, Otherkin, Jarvis, Pillow Queens, In their thousands, Michael Kiwanuka and Yonaka
    Like to see
    Metronomy, Touts, Somebodys child, Vulpynes, State lights, Montauk hotel, Ae Mak, Bob Skeleton, Fona, KKC, Thumper, Roisin Murphy, Miles Kane, Lets eat grandma, Sam Fender, Parquet courts, All Tvvins, Girl in red, powpig, his fathers voice and Frank and Walters
    Guilty pleasure
    Bonnie Tyler (there you go Seathrun)

Have to say very happy with the line up even if tame impala, suede and james didnt make it.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Must see
    Strokes, billie, CATQ, EATB, Richard Ashcroft, Johnny Marr, Talos, Whenyoung, Dermot Kennedy, Just Mustard, The Pale, Otherkin, Jarvis, Pillow Queens, In their thousands, Michael Kiwanuka and Yonaka
    Like to see
    Metronomy, Touts, Somebodys child, Vulpynes, State lights, Montauk hotel, Ae Mak, Bob Skeleton, Fona, KKC, Thumper, Roisin Murphy, Miles Kane, Lets eat grandma, Sam Fender, Parquet courts, All Tvvins, Girl in red, powpig, his fathers voice and Frank and Walters
    Guilty pleasure

Have to say very happy with the line up even if tame impala, suede and james didnt make it.

Left out an emotional fish and kid karate as like to see

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Mitski is a far more substantial individual than I gave her credit for. She's getting on the list.

Yep, onto mine now also. Reminds me of the Cardigans/Wannadies a little.

Must see
    Like to see
    Guilty pleasure

Ahem....These Charming Men!

And Courtney B?

Otherwise Stillill42, you and I are effectively sharing tent space for most of the weekend. I'll be expecting good hygiene care guys.

BaldFigo wrote: »
    Yeah, it wasn't there last year unfortunately. It was there in 2017 though.

That’s a shame, but thanks for the heads up. Had to miss last year’s EP for the first time in many years... Guess I’ll have to mooch about the Revelation Soundsystem in Trenchtown for a bit longer this year then. Now, don’t tell me that’s gone too .... ’sake!

Ahem....These Charming Men!

And Courtney B?

Otherwise Stillill42, you and I are effectively sharing tent space for most of the weekend. I'll be expecting good hygiene care guys.

TCM and roadhouse doors a given. Not a Courtney fan. Hygiene practices good.

• Advertisement

TCM and roadhouse doors a given. Not a Courtney fan. Hygiene practices good.

You're mad, Mucker. She's the best thing there this year. Give her another go.

Advertisement