Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some clips of Four Tet from Life Festival 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Body & Soul main stage by day, not sure of times yet:

Friday: International Teachers of Pop, Arvo Party, EMBRZ, Flohio, TPM, The Claque, Toshin
    Saturday: JMSN, Lamb, Jessica Pratt, Mango x Mathman, Thumper, Kitt Phillipa, Kellyanne Byrne, Inni K, Paddy Hanna, Fonda, Graham Sweeney, April
    Sunday: Elder Island, King Kong Company, Gaudi, Self Esteem, Proper Micro MVs, AE Mak, Whenyoung, Junior Brother, In Their Thousands, Sult, Bob Skeleton

Also does anyone remember an area called 'The Living Lab' in the Body & Soul area or is that something new for this year?

It looks like there is going to be a Terminus stage at Freetown, just spotted this in EP Banter. It looks like some of the ones already announced, so maybe no Freetown lineup to come.

68964360_10156656557331848_6470544926378557440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkvQkaNjGsjnmJnbk8r8NWX-a8ESzXqOjHxhjKqVohEhhDVlcP6Zep54PbYwhJLz569r_efRFRsbW0fG0jbyOaP&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dfcaee0f62c5cf47500853ac75464e0f&oe=5DD932F6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Very techno heavy. If that's true then I'd expect Hawtin to get a spot in Electric or Rankins. Is it possible he could be doing a DJ slot in Freetown as well as his live show (which is what I'm assuming will be in the Main Arena)? Was listening to a bit of FJAAK over the weekend, definitely going to try to get to their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Any tips for staying in Pink Moon that haven’t already been mentioned? First time posh camping.

Also if anyone still isn’t sure about what acts they’re going to see my mates website Upsetlist.com has lots of acts current set lists as Spotify playlists. Handy for getting to know artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Any tips for staying in Pink Moon that haven’t already been mentioned? First time posh camping.

Also if anyone still isn’t sure about what acts they’re going to see my mates website Upsetlist.com has lots of acts current set lists as Spotify playlists. Handy for getting to know artists.

Yeah, a very nice site. He's done a lovely job there. Great starting point for anyone looking to get a handle on a new act.

It looks like there is going to be a Terminus stage at Freetown, just spotted this in EP Banter. It looks like some of the ones already announced, so maybe no Freetown lineup to come.

68964360_10156656557331848_6470544926378557440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkvQkaNjGsjnmJnbk8r8NWX-a8ESzXqOjHxhjKqVohEhhDVlcP6Zep54PbYwhJLz569r_efRFRsbW0fG0jbyOaP&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dfcaee0f62c5cf47500853ac75464e0f&oe=5DD932F6

Damn that would be a let down if there was no Freetown lineup to come. If all of those acts are to play Freetown it really doesn't leave many electronic acts for the main area at all - just Four Tet and Richie Hawtin really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ya i agree, its strange i think, i know i keep faffing on about it but surely the likes of krystal Klear etc are to be announced still?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

fafy wrote: »
    Booked in for the Sunday Drunch in Theatre Of Food, sounds like a laugh and you get fed, and by day 3 we all need something substantial.

https://www.giv2go.com/ticket-events/epic-irish-sunday-brunch-82

Did you go to this last year? How was it? What time does it start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anyone have Google Play Music playlist they would like to share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

The terminus stage was announced way back for the original announcement, I agree though, hopefully will still get a separate announcement.

Also regarding if it's just nighttime or not, clashfinder has a couple of acts up for spike island and if correct those acts are on during the day and as far I understand it's all part of Freetown so maybe it is open during the day.

I remember reading something about a Latin thing too somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Damn that would be a let down if there was no Freetown lineup to come. If all of those acts are to play Freetown it really doesn't leave many electronic acts for the main area at all - just Four Tet and Richie Hawtin really.

Is there enough acts announced for those to play freetown and fill the main arena slots. I havent done a count but it doesnt appear to me there are that many more acts than last year but there is extra stage(s) to be filled, unless something is being dropped.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Is there enough acts announced for those to play freetown and fill the main arena slots. I havent done a count but it doesnt appear to me there are that many more acts than last year but there is extra stage(s) to be filled, unless something is being dropped.

Think there were 100 acts announced for the main arena (Main, Electric Arena, Rankin Wood, LBT, Cosby) this year and 92 last year. If the acts that guy mentioned on facebook are playing Freetown instead of the main arena then it would be roughly the same numbers as last year, so could be true.

But it would be very unusual for them not to have any DJs really in the LBT or Rankins Wood at night time, it would also be unusual to have acts from the main line up not play in the main arena. Literally every single other area at the festival gets its own announcement (Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Casa Bacardi, Hazel Wood, Body & Soul, etc) so for them to just not announce anything for Freetown would be a strange move.

EP on twitter confirming stage times to be announced monday through wednesday next week as expected. Asked them about freetown announcements they liked the tweet but no answer yet.

On the home page at https://www.electricpicnic.ie/, they show all the tents and areas .. there is NO Little Big Tent listed.

I think they whole LBT thing has moved to Freetown.

On the home page at https://www.electricpicnic.ie/, they show all the tents and areas .. there is NO Little Big Tent listed.

Good spot. Dont see freetown either.

The plot thickens!

Think there were 100 acts announced for the main arena (Main, Electric Arena, Rankin Wood, LBT, Cosby) this year and 92 last year. If the acts that guy mentioned on facebook are playing Freetown instead of the main arena then it would be roughly the same numbers as last year, so could be true.

But it would be very unusual for them not to have any DJs really in the LBT or Rankins Wood at night time, it would also be unusual to have acts from the main line up not play in the main arena. Literally every single other area at the festival gets its own announcement (Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Casa Bacardi, Hazel Wood, Body & Soul, etc) so for them to just not announce anything for Freetown would be a strange move.

My take is that Freetown will still get it's own announcement along with Spike Island. They might use some of those main arena acts but they will still need to add more separately. Hopefully we'll hear something this week about it m

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Hoping for some sort of post every day this week, announcements or sneak pics we need something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I do see the thinking behind this, a few of the dance acts in the Little Big Tent last year like Peggy Gou and Mall Grab were totally rammed out.

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    My take is that Freetown will still get it's own announcement along with Spike Island. They might use some of those main arena acts but they will still need to add more separately. Hopefully we'll hear something this week about it m

That's the trad stage isn't it, I see that Altan and Dervish are playing the Murphy festival in Wexford on the same weekend, it would be good to get them for the Spike stage too. :)

That's the trad stage isn't it, I see that Altan and Dervish are playing the Murphy festival in Wexford on the same weekend, it would be good to get them for the Spike stage too. :)

It would be great to have a lively trad band on at like 2am to go shtone mad to jumping around the place. That would be my version of rave in the woods right there!

endainoz wrote: »
    It would be great to have a lively trad band on at like 2am to go shtone mad to jumping around the place. That would be my version of rave in the woods right there!

Add the Afro Celt Soundsystem and now yer talking. :D:D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Probably still a tad early, but long term forecasts are starting to look good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Has everyone received their tickets? I can see my purchase on the ticketmaster app and it says they will be delivered by ‘standard post’ but have not received anything yet?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Probably still a tad early, but long term forecasts are starting to look good :)

Finally, August has been a miserable experience so far, one good day at ATN then it went to sh1t till the night time.

If all the dance stuff is moved to Freetown, that kills off my strolling from EA through Rankin's and Cosby to LBT and back along that path all within a 10 minutes or so. I often do this if I am not too pushed on anything in particular at that time and get a flavour of multiple acts.

Freetown will be a good 10-12 minutes walk from Cosby and potentially longer coming back if it is outside the Main Arena. So much we don't know about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If all the dance stuff is moved to Freetown, that kills off my strolling from EA through Rankin's and Cosby to LBT and back along that path all within a 10 minutes or so. I often do this if I am not too pushed on anything in particular at that time and get a flavour of multiple acts.

Freetown will be a good 10-12 minutes walk from Cosby and potentially longer coming back if it is outside the Main Arena. So much we don't know about this.

On the one hand, it makes sense to have a dedicated, expanded area for dance music given the popularity of a lot of the acts booked - like others mentioned, Peggy Gou etc last year.

But, it does kill the ability to just wander around and discover. Going through security barriers always takes time and the distance itself is obviously a factor - it'd be like Primavera where a lot of the dance music is at the beach and a bit of a walk from the main arena. Not too far but just far enough that you would need to plan to go and see an act rather than just wander past.

I'm interested to see a map of the site this year to see how it all works really.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

LBT doesn't seem to be listed on the website this year, I'm wondering it Terminus to replace the Little Big Tent?

• Advertisement

Good news for bass music lovers rubick etc, DJ Kali just announced she is playing Trenchtown on Sunday between 6 - 8 PM for your roots reggae, drum n bass and jungle needs. :)

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist/dj-kali?fbclid=IwAR1r3IibgK_wBSwLITQn0Gg71LhL-t0O3BKLtljWfZvGqSgsVfrF_RsgilQ

Advertisement