Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Good news for bass music lovers rubick etc, DJ Kali just announced she is playing Trenchtown on Sunday between 6 - 8 PM for your roots reggae, drum n bass and jungle needs. :)

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist/dj-kali?fbclid=IwAR1r3IibgK_wBSwLITQn0Gg71LhL-t0O3BKLtljWfZvGqSgsVfrF_RsgilQ
    Good stuff - was actually in my head that she'd be on the Friday and clash with These Charming Men. Great way to start the final shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Village Hall can be a very good late night spot. Have had many a good time in there.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im wondering if having a dedicated dance area on the old wilde site is as a result of some of the crushing that happened last year after the main arena finished. Those going to joplin / chaplin get caught up in main stream of people heading there.

There were a few incidents last year where crowds got dangerous and hard to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

sydthebeat wrote: »
    im wondering if having a dedicated dance area on the old wilde site is as a result of some of the crushing that happened last year after the main arena finished. Those going to joplin / chaplin get caught up in main stream of people heading there.

There were a few incidents last year where crowds got dangerous and hard to control.

I'd be almost certain of that. I got caught in that at one stage. A number of entrances (Rave in the woods) were temporarily closed by the Garda and we had a real crush on our hands. There were some very panicked people in that crush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd be almost certain of that. I got caught in that at one stage. A number of entrances (Rave in the woods) were temporarily closed by the Garda and we had a real crush on our hands. There were some very panicked people in that crush.

Oh wow, must have been a bit scary alright. Would be a fair bit worse for people with any anxiety issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Looks like early entry is sold out. Wish I hadn't waited now

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yeah i got caught up in one bad one.. and as i was staying in joplin.... it was remarkable how bad it was each night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Word of warning about anyone looking to buy EP tickets.

Mates son asked me to check someone selling tickets on another Irish site
    for below face value (that was a red flag for starters)!
    He/she was selling them as they were away on "holiday".
    Said they sent the tickets to Via.... who would send them by courier when
    paid for.
    They sent by email a copy of a Via.... page with all the details of the tickets and payment instructions.
    Payment would be by Moneygram (which is another red flag) as there's no come back and your money is gone.
    I contacted Via.... with all the details they had sent him and they confirmed
    it's all a scam and they have seen other people with the same problem.
    Thankfully he hadn't paid them any money and hopefully nobody else is caught out by this chancer who is still advertising tickets for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Word of warning about anyone looking to buy EP tickets.

Mates son asked me to check someone selling tickets on another Irish site
    for below face value (that was a red flag for starters)!
    He/she was selling them as they were away on "holiday".
    Said they sent the tickets to Via.... who would send them by courier when
    paid for.
    They sent by email a copy of a Via.... page with all the details of the tickets and payment instructions.
    Payment would be by Moneygram (which is another red flag) as there's no come back and your money is gone.
    I contacted Via.... with all the details they had sent him and they confirmed
    it's all a scam and they have seen other people with the same problem.
    Thankfully he hadn't paid them any money and hopefully nobody else is caught out by this chancer who is still advertising tickets for sale.

Who is Via is that Viagogo?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

Early passes back on sale on ticketmaster

Can someone fire up the clashfinder-in-works, the one you are all going to be working on as I'm going to be onsite when the timetable info is released and none of the apps work for my phone, clashfinder is the only thing I can open up on my phone. I can't afford the lanyard or book this year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Who is Via is that Viagogo?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Can someone fire up the clashfinder-in-works, the one you are all going to be working on as I'm going to be onsite when the timetable info is released and none of the apps work for my phone, clashfinder is the only thing I can open up on my phone. I can't afford the lanyard or book this year I reckon.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2019/

And we have our first stage times! Heineken Live Your Music stage is updated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

any decent spotify playlists doing the rounds?
    the only one i can find is very limited to the main acts and
    not many artist covered,
    Id like to delve into the smaller acts i dont know

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Probably still a tad early, but long term forecasts are starting to look good :)

Too early. Follow Carlow Weather on Twitter and he’ll give a good steer if and when a reliable forecast is available. He’s known as @villain in these parts I believe.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2019/

And we have our first stage times! Heineken Live Your Music stage is updated now.

Also DJ Kali 6 - 8 PM Trenchtown Sunday although there is about 3 or 4 stages in Trenchtown so I don't know which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

any decent spotify playlists doing the rounds?
    the only one i can find is very limited to the main acts and
    not many artist covered,
    Id like to delve into the smaller acts i dont know

thanks

Search the thread there's one about 30 pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

\
    Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I do see the thinking behind this, a few of the dance acts in the Little Big Tent last year like Peggy Gou and Mall Grab were totally rammed out.

that's just bad planning though surely? They could have moved them to a different tent?
    LBT used to be all dance music/DJs, but in the last few years has been a mix of stuff. There's been bigger dance acts in RW/Cosby/EA tents before....
    If all the dance stuff is moved to Freetown, that kills off my strolling from EA through Rankin's and Cosby to LBT and back along that path all within a 10 minutes or so. I often do this if I am not too pushed on anything in particular at that time and get a flavour of multiple acts.

Freetown will be a good 10-12 minutes walk from Cosby and potentially longer coming back if it is outside the Main Arena. So much we don't know about this.

I think it'll kill off some people entering the arena at all TBH. Plenty of people spend the afternoon/evening drinking in the campsite then going straight to the arena at night.
    Now they might just do that but stick around in Freetown with their BYOB/yips and settle there for the night. If you're solely into dance music and the Freetown acts are your main reason for going, then there isn't a huge reason to go through security and splash out for drinks inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

For anyone interested in this sort of thing. Unfortunately they are the only stage times I have.
    NTrance are playing the throwback stage so maybe we will get another main announcement doubt it myself

• Advertisement

haitens wrote: »
    For anyone interested in this sort of thing. Unfortunately they are the only stage times I have.
    NTrance are playing the throwback stage so maybe we will get another main announcement doubt it myself

Oul N-Trance, haha! Were they previously announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

rubick wrote: »

Don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Alkers wrote: »
    Did you go to this last year? How was it? What time does it start at?

No, heard about before, first time going, Sunday at 12 noon in Theatre Of Food in Mindfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubick wrote: »

Set you freeeeeeeeee

endainoz wrote: »
    Set you freeeeeeeeee

Half-hour set = Stayin' Alive x5, Set You Free x7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Lineup isnt too bad for a small stage. Kastane is a great up and coming act, looking forward to seeing him!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Maya Jane Coles just added to the Heineken lineup. Never heard of her, but decent electronic music. Also stage times are starting to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Maya Jane Coles just added to the Heineken lineup. Never heard of her, but decent electronic music. Also stage times are starting to come out!

They posted it there. Added as a attachment.

I remember going to see the orchestra last year and the sound was abysmal

Thats quite a significant one for a branded stage although didn't Erol Alkan play it last year, Maya Jane Coles would be a sub headliner at something like Life festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

@EPfestival: @AherneJnr Oscar Wilde is still here - just moved ever so slightly. The map will be available later this week! 🗺️☺️

Looks like wilde not going too far. Ep twitter account

Advertisement