Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Wats your favourite food spots in there ?

I had an amazing Thai green curry last time, me and my wife often reminisce about it �� can’t remember the name of the place though

Kanara Kitchen is our first destination every Friday as soon as it opens!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I could've sworn she played a few years ago... Weird that she hasn't

She was at ATN this year, in a very leaky tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

She was at ATN this year, in a very leaky tent

Sound was ****e, felt bad for her

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I had an amazing Thai green curry last time, me and my wife often reminisce about it 🀀 can’t remember the name of the place though

Kinara Kitchen everytime.

Breakfast caravan straight ahead inside the Salty Dog entrance. Mother of God their breakfast would kill any hangover and set you up for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Lads, what was the face value price for the final tier tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Lads, what was the face value price for the final tier tickets?

€260 is the price on Ticketbastard

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

I had an amazing Thai green curry last time, me and my wife often reminisce about it �� can’t remember the name of the place though

Pieman Friday, cheeseybread about 1am. One of the burger vans did a breakfast bap last year that would cure any man.

Do they announce a list of food stalls in the general market strips, or just for Theatre of Food?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ficcss wrote: »

a bit like a crappier version of The Blues stage in the Silver Hayes area at Glasto!

19180386981_a9b99f7228_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Pieman Friday, cheeseybread about 1am. One of the burger vans did a breakfast bap last year that would cure any man.

Can also vouch for cheesy bread, ultimate carb feast

Hardly ever go over there, the whole Silver Hayes/Blues/Gully area could do with a revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kanum is my fave food place. Thai stall located close to the Mindfield entrance. Properly spicy curries and for me easily the best Asian food on the site.

My other two choices are also close by - Rathmullan House and Kinara Kitchen.

I've also never queued for more than 7/8 mins for food at EP. Should I paste this post over on the ATN thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Bingo Loco is our big daily announcement from Today FM
    for their soundstage thingy,

Ficcss wrote: »

Cool. Looks like the Gully/Blues stage in Glasto. This could be very good indeed.

a bit like a crappier version of The Blues stage in the Silver Hayes area at Glasto!

19180386981_a9b99f7228_b.jpg

Love that stage. And looks huge in that pic but feels pretty small at night.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Kanum is my fave food place. Thai stall located close to the Mindfield entrance. Properly spicy curries and for me easily the best Asian food on the site.

I've also never queued for more than 7/8 mins for food at EP. Should I paste this post over on the ATN thread?

must check out Kanum!

Kinara, Pieman, Saba are my stalwarts
    Usually have one of the massive breakfast rolls from the caravan
    on the path at the paintball entrance, they weigh the same as a small child!
    undoubtedly will have curry chips in the wee hours some night!

rubick wrote: »
    Hardly ever go over there, the whole Silver Hayes/Blues/Gully area could do with a revamp.

They've combined the Blues and Gully stages this year apparently. And those stages are only 4/5 years old so a proper revamp unlikely for a while.

They've combined the Blues and Gully stages this year apparently. And those stages are only 4/5 years old so a proper revamp unlikely for a while.

We didn't head that direction in June past there, in fact we didn't in 2017 either I think. Maybe the 2016 ground conditions put us off. It was just so open and desolate compared to the other areas. This year was the last year of the Beat Hotel too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Must check out, i usually go to Wok & Roll, they do thai stuff there also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Barracuda - usually in Hendrix - Fried Pork, Onions and Potatoes . Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Kinara kitchens and breakfast place at paintball always get visited. After that it is shortest queue as i move from one gig to another.

The big blue pizza bus still round in Hendrix?

rubick wrote: »
    We didn't head that direction in June past there, in fact we didn't in 2017 either I think. Maybe the 2016 ground conditions put us off. It was just so open and desolate compared to the other areas. This year was the last year of the Beat Hotel too apparently.

Yeah, I love the Blues Bar but nothing else in that area appeals. It's a 1995 time zone. Revamping the area around the two big dance tents there is essential.

Beat Hotel. Ah no. I used to love that hangout. Lost a few afternoons in there. Maybe closed due to the bottleneck on the bridge beside it?

thebusher wrote: »
    Is it too late to make a submission to the board of management that any attempted meet up be at These Charming Men on Friday?

Always seemed the best fit for this group to me. I await minutes of the next meeting.

While a great fit as always busy hard to spot fellow boardsies. Roadhouse doors probably attracts a few of us and less packed.

Beat Hotel. Ah no. I used to love that hangout. Lost a few afternoons in there. Maybe closed due to the bottleneck on the bridge beside it?

Yeah lot of footfall in that direction, plus it was so difficult to get in to most of the time, heads were a brave few lines deep around the outside of it. Despite the odd decent DJ in there it was never really going to compete with SE Corner antics - I feel they were trying to steer people away from SE late night adventures but Block9/Shangri'La are just so good.

The BBC Introducing and Wow! stages around there are just randomly dropped down IMO too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah with a bit of planning we could sort the meet up at TCM. I'm up for whatever.

If there's any of you 80's kids that haven't checked out White Reaper, do it immediately.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah with a bit of planning we could sort the meet up at TCM. I'm up for whatever.

If there's any of you 80's kids that haven't checked out White Reaper, do it immediately.

Likewise re meet up and yes to white reaper

TCM or RDs fine by me. T-shirt info worked last year so let's try again.

And WR, another band worth checking out. And is it me or have they done a bit of listening to Phil Lynott & Co?

• Advertisement

another vote for TCM meet if its all the same,
    roadhouse doors not as appealing personally
    and probably wont go to them

Advertisement