Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

another vote for TCM meet if its all the same,
    roadhouse doors not as appealing personally
    and probably wont go to them

How about hanging about by the right of the sound desk for TCM? Usually a little more room there than on the other side of the stage as that gets rammed with people coming from the main arena.

And please no clashes with TCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    How about hanging about by the right of the sound desk for TCM? Usually a little more room there than on the other side of the stage as that gets rammed with people coming from the main arena.

And please no clashes with TCM.

Sounds good. We should be ok at twenty to 6 on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭epicmoe

make sure to bring an ark. The glaciers are melting and its all landing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I am usually down too late for a meet up, but this year I am driving and so should be able to see ye there for TCM

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Sounds good. We should be ok at twenty to 6 on the Friday.

You'd expect so though we had Ash at that time last year, ABC in 2016, Garandaddy in the EA in 2012 and a few goodies opening the main stage in the past - Waterboys, Janelle Monae, Michael Nyman Orchestra, Sinead O'Connor.

If any EP schedulers are out there can we suggest 6pm on Fri as a good time to put Years & Years on the main stage, Riptide Movement in the EA and so on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Genghis

My brilliant wife sourced a ticket for me! Can't wait now, what is it 10 sleeps! Will be back later with my must sees, couldn't bring myself to make a list pending ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Razorlight playing Sunday, likely around 6pm main stage I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Genghis wrote: »
    My brilliant wife sourced a ticket for me! Can't wait now, what is it 10 sleeps! Will be back later with my must sees, couldn't bring myself to make a list pending ticket!

It is exactly 10 sleeps.

Begin Go/No Go status check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

endainoz wrote: »

makes leaving Sunday afternoon a bit more bearable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

optogirl wrote: »

Shhhhhiiiiieeetttt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any news on what night The Strokes are playing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

endainoz wrote: »

Cant see them getting that high of a slot on the Main stage tbh , Maybe 5 or 6pm in EA

optogirl wrote: »

Seconded. Will be on the road with better tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

So I'm a little late to the party but are we missing Other Voices and Play The Picnic stages this year???

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Seconded. Will be on the road with better tunes.

Oh yeah going home due to family commitments is way more fun that an extra night at a festival! ;-)

Snarky Snark Snark

eplady2017 wrote: »
    So I'm a little late to the party but are we missing Other Voices and Play The Picnic stages this year???

Other Voices I believe has gone to live on a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

eplady2017 wrote: »

Seem to be missing Other voices and Little Big Tent.
    Possibly the new 3 stage in the woods is to replace other voices, I really hope not,
    and Freetown might be to be replace Little big tent, but thats all just a guess from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Other Voices I believe has gone to live on a farm.

Is that just for EP or in general? I think the Dingle outing was in a spot of bother. They started charging for arm bands last year.

Snarky Snark Snark

Is that just for EP or in general? I think the Dingle outing was in a spot of bother. They started charging for arm bands last year.

f.i.i.k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Last week, they announced that they'll be holding an event in Wales this November. It follows events in Berlin and Belfast this year. Haven't heard if they're back in Dingle in the winter but also haven't heard any suggestion that they won't be.

I'd say the brand is doing fine - it was a tricky balance at EP. The stage was tiny and they used get decent acts. It was great if you could get in but a lot of people just couldn't squeeze in.

Plus if EP wanted to redraw the site and do something different, some things had to go. OV wouldn't have been on that list for me but maybe it just made more sense for them at the OV organisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

When you see the final line up, you feel the loss of OV. It's a big miss for me. Lots of real low key quality there over the last few years.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    When you see the final line up, you feel the loss of OV. It's a big miss for me. Lots of real low key quality there over the last few years.

I still think there is some 3introducing type stage somewhere too. Three do seem to be promoting unsigned type acts from what I think I heard on some of their Spotify ads. They seem to have a big enough presence there this year, they'll have the usual DJ stuff aswell I'm sure so probably nothing like Other Voices really. Speaking of corporate sh1te Applemans cider announced something on Facebook about some area with vinyl DJs somewhere.

Rumour is they may be moving from Dingle or at least scaling down stuff. Apparently the church there needs renovation.

It took place in my hometown Ballina last year and is returning there next February. Local feedback says they've a ten year agreement with the church there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sellorex

James Blake is playing on Friday according to his website.... just spotted that one. Roisin Murphy says shes playing on sunday on her site. As long as Im back from family commitments to see her on that day then im happy out :D still nervous ill miss her though.... im back at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This just came up on a playlist I was listening to on Spotify. Mother of God! There's no messing around with this one. This'll knock the cobwebs off Stradbally!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Last year at TCM I was singing away loving it when a girl beside me said "we seem to be the only ones singing" as most around us were younger and just chatting away...anyway I was talking to her for a minute when I remembered the boardsie meet up...so I popped the question to her...what's a boardsie was her answer....I tried to explain but alas she shuffled away probably thinking I was some feckin weirdo...Ah well was a brilliant gig as always

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

any comparable sxarlord / death grips acts this year yet ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShamLad

I have a bit of a problem, I’m after losing my weekend camping ticket. Does anyone know if I am able to sort this or what I can do?

ShamLad wrote: »
    I have a bit of a problem, I’m after losing my weekend camping ticket. Does anyone know if I am able to sort this or what I can do?

As long as you bought it directly from Ticketmaster and not from a third party, you can get them to cancel it and reissue you another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

sellorex wrote: »
    James Blake is playing on Friday according to his website.... just spotted that one.

good spot, I'm still hoping for one more announcement . .

Advertisement