Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Billie Eilish listed as 8pm Friday on her Spotify page, no stage mentioned but would assume main.

Don't know how reliable Spotify is for times either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    When you see the final line up, you feel the loss of OV. It's a big miss for me. Lots of real low key quality there over the last few years.

Huge loss, noticed immediately the lineup came out it was missing, contacted them immediately, and they said they were concentrating on “other projects”.

I spent more time in there on my last EP 2014, than anywhere else,went to some of the “banter” events too, I think that was the first year of it, and lineups were not announced around mid afternoon each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cxloe wrote: »
    Billie Eilish listed as 8pm Friday on her Spotify page, no stage mentioned but would assume main.

Don't know how reliable Spotify is for times either!

I think every artist playing EP is listed for 8pm on the Friday. It's a default time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

I think every artist playing EP is listed for 8pm on the Friday. It's a default time.

Ah, looks like you're right. Even the festival itself is listed to start Friday 8pm - my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was at the Roadhouse Doors last year and none of you showed up, some of you were still travelling at the time but then I got to meet scruff monkey at Chvrches. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

I was at the Roadhouse Doors last year and none of you showed up, some of you were still travelling at the time but then I got to meet scruff monkey at Chvrches. :)

pretty sure i saw you at Scarlxrd
    (to continue the bad-spelling band theme!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

I'll be there this year to the right of the mixing desk wearing a Hawaiian shirt and towing a bag of cans. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    I'll be there this year to the right of the mixing desk wearing a Hawaiian shirt and towing a bag of cans. :-)

We live in hope for the free flow staying in Salty Dog.

If not, I'll be like a reverse El chapo smuggling cans in

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Did any of you talk to me at SD last year about Joe Strummer? I was weating a black Strummerville hoody.

Just remembered now after reading bodhrandudes post :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Oi. I met Mucker at the Roadhouse doors last year, advertised myself well in advance in a bright orange Pavement tshirt. You can only do so much. We'll give it another bash this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I seem to be spending most of my day refreshing the Electric Picnic website, hoping for another announcement like Freetown. Not being very productive, and its still only Tuesday of the week before EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Kepler21 wrote: »
    I seem to be spending most of my day refreshing the Electric Picnic website, hoping for another announcement like Freetown. Not being very productive, and its still only Tuesday of the week before EP!

Refreshing here and EP site whilst searching for drinks deals online... Can't see a lot of work being done in the next 10 days!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

pretty sure i saw you at Scarlxrd
    (to continue the bad-spelling band theme!)

LOL i knew there was an x in there somewhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Kepler21 wrote: »

They posted about Maya Jane Coles and the set times for the Heinken stage around 4pm yesterday so there is still hope for today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I see Bilie eilish is down for the 3 nights on her website. I am coming home for the All Ireland on Sunday so I'm hoping she's the Fri or sat as my wife is mad to see her! I'll be in the bad books if she misses her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I met stillill42 at the roadhouse doors but missed you. Maybe this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

thebusher wrote: »
    Did any of you talk to me at SD last year about Joe Strummer? I was weating a black Strummerville hoody.

Just remembered now after reading bodhrandudes post :-)

No met you briefly at ham sandwich though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I see Bilie eilish is down for the 3 nights on her website. I am coming home for the All Ireland on Sunday so I'm hoping she's the Fri or sat as my wife is mad to see her! I'll be in the bad books if she misses her

She's performing in Milan on the Saturday and Barcelona on the Monday.

Safest bet would be EP on the Friday - but maybe hold off telling the other half in case Billie springs a surprise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

see this massive thread on the EP banter facebook page about some lad after scamming loads of people out of money, seems to be sh1tting it now that people have started threatening to call the police and contacting his workplace, some place called Raglan Capital on Fitzwilliam Place:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1611059942480690/permalink/2322097674710243/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

see this massive thread on the EP banter facebook page about some lad after scamming loads of people out of money, seems to be sh1tting it now that people have started threatening to call the police and contacting his workplace, some place called Raglan Capital on Fitzwilliam Place:

I seen that alright its good he's getting called out. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I still don’t understand how people get fooled by this. Only meet people face to face and only pay cash in hand and your chances of being scammed are so much lower. It’s not complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

I seen that alright its good he's getting called out. :)

If the fraud crowd track his IP address he'll be caught for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought it was a misunderstanding, but the clown used his real name and details?!! How did he think he'd get away with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

His ma will knock his bollix in when the Garda arrive at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

"We live in hope for the free flow staying in Salty Dog.

If not, I'll be like a reverse El chapo smuggling cans in".

I'll have to looking for the ones we hid in the woods from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlexK94

Hey all,

I'm going to EP this year on a performer ticket instead of a regular one. Does anyone know if that brings any perks with it at all? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

AlexK94 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm going to EP this year on a performer ticket instead of a regular one. Does anyone know if that brings any perks with it at all? :)

Camp in the performer campsite, aaaaand that’s it afaik.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

AlexK94 wrote: »
    Hey all,

You can tell impressionable young people that youre the fifth member of various bands and let them fawn over you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭blackwhite

endainoz wrote: »
    If the fraud crowd track his IP address he'll be caught for sure.

Or just rock up to the office on his business cards :pac:

Clearly not the brightest young lad - given the line of work he appears to be in, a fraud conviction (or even allegation TBH) could cause him serious professional problems - and deservedly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

alastair wrote: »
    Camp in the performer campsite, aaaaand that’s it afaik.

You could be sleeping next to Johnny Borrell’s 2 man tent

Advertisement