Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I was at the Roadhouse Doors last year and none of you showed up, some of you were still travelling at the time but then I got to meet scruff monkey at Chvrches. :)

I was there. And will be again. Should recognise you this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

blackwhite wrote: »
    Or just rock up to the office on his business cards :pac:

Clearly not the brightest young lad - given the line of work he appears to be in, a fraud conviction (or even allegation TBH) could cause him serious professional problems - and deservedly so.

And, without wanting to suggest he do otherwise, he also appeared to be refunding people once they realised it wasn't legit.

I mean, what is anyone getting out of that whole situation if there's no tickets and anyone who tries to get a refund is successful?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Any Boardsies who are performing want to out themselves? We've surely got a few. You're amongst friends. We'd be a supportive bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Doing research
    "Bodega" are worth a look,
    ive heard lots of their songs on Today Xm as it happens

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0APB8GQKjU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Mr.S wrote: »
    Something doesn't add up, or am I missing something?

Why would he give so much personal details away and then scam people - the first thing they would do is go to his work address / ring employer :confused:

It's a really strange one, wouldn't be a bit surprised if the scammer is someone totally different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

MadYaker wrote: »
    I still don’t understand how people get fooled by this. Only meet people face to face and only pay cash in hand and your chances of being scammed are so much lower. It’s not complicated.

Same old bolix for all gigs, like a broken record, its almost as if, people have to experience a scam to “wake up”. Theres so much stuff about this online, it all comes down to basic common sense which is clearly absent with some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Just had times from my mate about his young lads band The Wha.

Cosby tent 3.30 on Sunday
    Salty Dog 10.40 Sunday night

edit: videos have been taken down by record company in advance of their single being released at the end of the month so not much online but they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

fafy wrote: »
    Same old bolix for all gigs, like a broken record, its almost as if, people have to experience a scam to “wake up”. Theres so much stuff about this online, it all comes down to basic common sense which is clearly absent with some people.

At €250 a ticket, it's a lot of money.
    Don;t understand why people continue to get scammed by trusting people they have never met or have no reviews?
    I posted on page 424 about a guy on gumtree trying to scam people.
    Worst thing is, gumtree are still taking ads off him.
    The only saving grace for EP is there are NO e-tickets which has probably saved a lot of people from getting fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The only place I'd look for tickets is www.toutless.com

Whilst it's not foolproof, it is a great place for getting tickets at face value.

Pity no Sunday tickets have come up though :(

• Advertisement

I've a spare Eco Camping pass if anyone is interested. PM me.

Edit - ticket taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

alastair wrote: »
    Camp in the performer campsite, aaaaand that’s it afaik.

I'm sure you can go through the big metal gate too, its quicker than going through the punters entrance into the festival, performer wristbands I think are the same as crew wristbands that way but i don't know if you can use them for crew camping.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Are they not tied to names now?

Alway were tied to names. It wouldn't be unheard of to give the name of the person who booked.

Yeah basically the same. The side entrances are a godsend when it's busy (and you want to bring drink in before you're allowed to in the evening :pac:)

The only difference between crew and performer is asking to the main stage VIP area, though bizarrely some years crew wristbands get access to that.

Your probably thinking of Production wristbands Mr.S that give access to the VIP bar, then again maybe I'll try that this year and see what happens. :)

I could have sworn I saw something about matching names to tickets for this year! But just checked my tickets and doesn't say anything :pac:

My ticket has my brother-in-law's name on it. Tickets with my own name were sold on. Most people would have someone else's name on their ticket if there was a group booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That Facebook thread is a bit nuts. I’m not sure who’s the biggest thick, the people trying to buy tickets or the person selling them.

The only thing I can think of is he was trying to buy and sell tickets, i.e. buy them cheap and sell for a profit? Still a moron though.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That Facebook thread is a bit nuts. I’m not sure who’s the biggest thick, the people trying to buy tickets or the person selling them.

The only thing I can think of is he was trying to buy and sell tickets, i.e. buy them cheap and sell for a profit? Still a moron though.

Or else trying to get short-term cash rather than going to a loan-shark. Very likely the guy has major cashflow problems. Soon to get intensified.

FB group is saying that salty is now in the arena

:(

I could have sworn I saw something about matching names to tickets for this year! But just checked my tickets and doesn't say anything :pac:

Had been names only. I guess that proved to be a slow process at the gate. Now a QR code and they may ask for your name. You just give the name of whoever gave you the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Or else trying to get short-term cash rather than going to a loan-shark. Very likely the guy has major cashflow problems. Soon to get intensified.

Possibly. But some people on the thread said that he approached them to buy tickets that they were selling. I don’t think he expected Killa Kilbane to be announced. That probably messed up his plans! :D

• Advertisement

FB group is saying that salty is now in the arena

:(

Based on what? Speculation from posters here or elsewhere maybe?

Pure speculation

But KKC have announced another set, I reckon it's 6 o clock on Sunday in the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Poorside wrote: »
    Pure speculation

But KKC have announced another set, I reckon it's 6 o clock on Sunday in the EA.

http://kingkongcompany.com/2019/08/20/second-king-kong-company-gig-announced-for-electric-picnic-2019/

Yup. Got the same impression judging by the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that's what I was thinking, some people say that he took a couple of months to send the money back.
    I'd assume there's plenty that gave up and never got money back either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

What do people usually spend over the weekend, plan on bringing a fair amount of drink but won't be running in and out to my tent every time I want one once I'm in the main arena also any veteran tips for sneaking in cans (asking for a friend).

Fics wrote: »
    What do people usually spend over the weekend, plan on bringing a fair amount of drink but won't be running in and out to my tent every time I want one once I'm in the main arena also any veteran tips for sneaking in cans (asking for a friend).

Make a hat out of an 8 pack of cans.

The mod has posted that the main arena entrance is being moved to freetown, don't know source but she seems fairly sure

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

The mod has posted that the main arena entrance is being moved to freetown, don't know source but she seems fairly sure

Also, talk on that thread that the map will be released this week? Here's hoping :D

Theo Barack is a funny character in the Banter group, is he also a boardsie reminds me of our own scruff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fics wrote: »
    Also, talk on that thread that the map will be released this week? Here's hoping :D

Facebook comments will be great fun when this happens if salty is inside etc.

Post in the banter group about boomtown and how much cleaner it was left this year Vs last year.

Thoughts on how picnic will do?

IMO. Not a hope, I think it'll be the same as last year.

Advertisement