Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The mod has posted that the main arena entrance is being moved to freetown, don't know source but she seems fairly sure

That's rough for the Salty Dog regulars. I stay off site though and I'm not going to lie, I won't miss traipsing back and forth through the queues for my Salty Dog music. I'll buy ye all a pint at TCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

But how about FreeFlow? even if it is limited to a certain amount per trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    That's rough for the Salty Dog regulars. I stay off site though and I'm not going to lie, I won't miss traipsing back and forth through the queues for my Salty Dog music. I'll buy ye all a pint at TCM.

Same here re the queues. But it'd still be an enormously unpopular move with little gain for FR. Heineken may make a little more cash but not greatly so. Makes little sense to irritate people in a Summer where ATN have brought all that negative focus on themselves. It's EP's chance to show how smoothly they can run stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if salty dog, trenchtown etc are within the main arena then they will need a large bar area between freetown and where ever the new wilde will be.

looking at it on the satellite map i cant see where wilde can move to, other then just getting a lot smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fics wrote: »
    But how about FreeFlow? even if it is limited to a certain amount per trip?

I doubt it somehow, the Heineken overlords have the Tennents lager tough crew from Scotland in their yellow t shirts, these lads will remove yer booze or tell you to drink it all before entry. A kinda dumb rule as some people get absolutely bolloxed from doing this and creates messy situations. Look at me on Sunday 2016, my two cans of Guinness and my Spanish absinthe discovered, I was supposed to hand them over, I said feck off and walked out again and drank the lot, plus it was Sunday and the closing day but blotto I was for New Order.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

FB group is saying that salty is now in the arena

:(

Ah this won't be a popular move if true. Unless it's just a wristband check going into Freetown and nothing else??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I doubt it somehow, the Heineken overlords have the Tennents lager tough crew from Scotland in their yellow t shirts, these lads will remove yer booze or tell you to drink it all before entry. A kinda dumb rule as some people get absolutely bolloxed from doing this and creates messy situations. Look at me on Sunday 2016, my two cans of Guinness and my Spanish absinthe discovered, I was supposed to hand them over, I said feck off and walked out again and drank the lot, plus it was Sunday and the closing day but blotto I was for New Order.

And I'd always thought it was just an apéritif.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Fics wrote: »
    Also, talk on that thread that the map will be released this week? Here's hoping :D

Tweeted this yesterday
    @EPfestival: @AherneJnr Oscar Wilde is still here - just moved ever so slightly. The map will be available later this week! 🗺️☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

All this talk on FB of arena gate moving to the entrance of Wilde is nonsense I think. Wilde is cut diagonally in two by the path. From what I can gather Freetown on the arena side and tents will be main entrance side. So impossible to have and entrance here?

I think we were expecting too much from Freetown, but it's really a late night replacement for the rave in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    All this talk on FB of arena gate moving to the entrance of Wilde is nonsense I think. Wilde is cut diagonally in two by the path. From what I can gather Freetown on the arena side and tents will be main entrance side. So impossible to have and entrance here?

I think we were expecting too much from Freetown, but it's really a late night replacement for the rave in the woods.

Anachronica is still listed though in the poster.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Anachronica is still listed though in the poster.

It may just be to split the late night crowd. The rave was dangerously full last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Nugget89 wrote: »
    It may just be to split the late night crowd. The rave was dangerously full last year.

Yea. There was a massive crush there too one of the nights. Really dangerous bottleneck there by the eco campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lots of rumours floating around that EP banter page but I would take most of them with a pinch of salt, nobody seems to know really. I reckon it would be very difficult for them to have the Salty Dog as part of the arena, if the Salty Dog is open the Thursday does that mean that people would have access to the full arena? Also they would hardly have a security check in the middle of the woods between Trenchtown and the Salty Dog. I could be wrong but don't see how it would work.

Just saw this posted on that group page too, doesn't look familiar to me, would it be a part of Freetown too I wonder?

67947908_3469629013050974_1516474040783470592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQk_wNdyJG328apTxEh8u5jvaE4s--LbCF1TuoO2KbeEnXCCRoNqDnTNcU43200Ecrc&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0d9f22153e5732fa2bb13ebd019a89ed&oe=5DD5A41C

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is that not where you get your wristbands when you are coming in the Paintball Entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Is that not where you get your wristbands when you are coming in the Paintball Entrance?

I think you're right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

One for Rfrip.. :) (I went down an early EP- youtube worm hole)

https://youtu.be/NEmpcQg8h5w

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    One for Rfrip.. :) (I went down an early EP- youtube worm hole)

https://youtu.be/NEmpcQg8h5w

Thanks ff! I missed that year. My best friend got married on the Saturday and I was bridesmaid

I’ve never forgiven her

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Lots of rumours floating around that EP banter page but I would take most of them with a pinch of salt, nobody seems to know really. I reckon it would be very difficult for them to have the Salty Dog as part of the arena, if the Salty Dog is open the Thursday does that mean that people would have access to the full arena? Also they would hardly have a security check in the middle of the woods between Trenchtown and the Salty Dog. I could be wrong but don't see how it would work.

Just saw this posted on that group page too, doesn't look familiar to me, would it be a part of Freetown too I wonder?

67947908_3469629013050974_1516474040783470592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQk_wNdyJG328apTxEh8u5jvaE4s--LbCF1TuoO2KbeEnXCCRoNqDnTNcU43200Ecrc&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0d9f22153e5732fa2bb13ebd019a89ed&oe=5DD5A41C

That looks like a wristbannd issuing area. Is it as you head down between Rave in the woods and Eco?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Just over a week to go and this thread is 7 or 8 down the list here at Gigs...what has become of this place?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

whelzer wrote: »
    Just over a week to go and this thread is 7 or 8 down the list here at Gigs...what has become of this place?:eek:

It's strangely quiet isn't it?

The EP Banter Page is hopping though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just as a casual observer seems to be way less of a hype about EP these days

Has that new one all together now in Waterford taken the crown from elec pic I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I think the age profile on here contributes to that a bit.
    Also, for some reason, I think EP themselves have rowed back a bit on the hype this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

fafy wrote: »
    Booked in for the Sunday Drunch in Theatre Of Food, sounds like a laugh and you get fed, and by day 3 we all need something substantial.

https://www.giv2go.com/ticket-events/epic-irish-sunday-brunch-82

#FACT! A Fine feast and definitely a laugh! Plenty bloody Mary’s too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just as a casual observer seems to be way less of a hype about EP these days

Has that new one all together now in Waterford taken the crown from elec pic I wonder?

wait till you see the mayhem here when the maps released....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Some great recommendations been made here I'm really enjoying Mitski, White Reaper, Sasami, Autre Monde, am starting to get a wee bit excira

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have heard nada about this years festival, and for the first time since it began I don’t know anyone going. Maybe I’m old now :D

All the cool kids are probably just discussing it on fakebuke and the like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have heard nada about this years festival, and for the first time since it began I don’t know anyone going. Maybe I’m old now :D
    Pretty much all of our long-time festival crew in our early/mid 30s have stopped going in the last few years.
    Plenty went to ATN (and/or Body&Soul), but everyone seems to have given up on EP.

In contrast though, quite a few from work (30s and 40s), that would never really have gone to festivals before, are now going to EP in the last couple of years. Unlike here, they were all delighted with Gavin James and Kodaline being announced last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Mother of sweet Jesus, but this rain in the west is catmalojan. Anyone in the Stradbally/Laois area, are ye getting hit badly with rain? Wonder what state Stradbally will be in if there is no let up in it

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

The EP app has loads of acts missing off it . Presume it won’t have full list until timetables out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

LowOdour wrote: »
    Mother of sweet Jesus, but this rain in the west is catmalojan. Anyone in the Stradbally/Laois area, are ye getting hit badly with rain? Wonder what state Stradbally will be in if there is no let up in it

Hopefully the good weather promised for this weekend dries it up a bit! Can see it being a year for the wellies though.

Advertisement