Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

A mate of mine is playing the Village Hall in the Global Green area. I'd recommend it if you like minimal.

Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't listen to the radio in work but apparently Today have been flogging it to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Pretty much all of our long-time festival crew in our early/mid 30s have stopped going in the last few years.
    Plenty went to ATN (and/or Body&Soul), but everyone seems to have given up on EP.

We're in the same boat, the last two standing out of a decent sized crew. Most have either settled down with kids or moved away. A few of our lot went to ATN, in late Friday and ended up going home on the Sunday morning.

What gets me is their determination to get tickets for Glastonbury, as if there are never any traffic problems or weather issues there. The sun always shines on TV I guess.

A few heads we have camped with in Eco for the last five years outright stated that whilst they love the Picnic, they are soured on it because there's just too many people. Personally, I don't mind that aspect - the site is certainly large enough for 57,000 people and the atmosphere at any given stage is the best I've experienced in Ireland. There are a few teething problems still (e.g. crowd congestion around the Rave in the Woods, or bottlenecks at the Main Arena access points, Salty Dog entry can be chaotic), but if as I suspect FR are going for the Glastonbury model, they're going the right way about it.

As I said last year, I'd happily have all the George Ezras or watery landfill indie sh*te on the line-up if it means I can have the likes of Massive Attack or A Tribe Called Quest.

Who knows, maybe one day there will be enough punters that it'll be freeflow across the entire site and still turn a profit at the bars.*

* Looking great for 2043

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Hopefully the good weather promised for this weekend dries it up a bit! Can see it being a year for the wellies though.

The weather here in Stradbally has been fairly ****e. However the ground is holding up well. With the "good" weather on the way it should be sound for next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Korvanica wrote: »
    A mate of mine is playing the Village Hall in the Global Green area. I'd recommend it if you like minimal.

Spotify

They are decent, what day and time are they playing?
    Decent wind down set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

I assume the AIB tappy thing will be there,
    Any experience of it, any negatives?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Kids area, curated by Kaleidoscope, announced.
    THE WALLED GARDEN OF STRADBALLY ESTATE WELCOMES FAMILIES TO THIS YEAR'S ELECTRIC PICNIC

Roll up, roll up for this year's Little Picnic, returning again to the Stradbally estate's stunning walled garden - an oasis for families at the grown-up festival. This year, Little Picnic will be run by the lovely folks behind Kaleidoscope so expect a mini-festival of family and fun for everyone, 12 and under in the 19th century garden.

Across the weekend, the leading lights of Irish creative talent are to be found right here - from music, art, science, nature, sport, theatre, food, spoken word, illustration and tonnes and tonnes more. With four stages and a sports field, there's something for everyone in the whole family!

Over the years the riotously colourful Little Picnic has provided a haven of calm, fun and discovery and this year promises to be extra special. Performances and workshops include The Ballymore Brass Band, the Explorium Family Science Show with Mark the Science Guy, Gaiety School of Acting, Marty Moncrieff the Teddy Bear Thief, the Javanese Gamelan Orchestra, the Laois Youth Orchestra, My Higher Shelf, Bean & Goose Chocolates, Fighting Words, Junk Kouture and many more.

With lots and lots of design workshops, creative types of all ages are spoiled for choice. And that's not all - Little Picnic Sports Field will play host to some well-known faces, who'll be giving masterclasses of their own for all the family, as well as high energy fun with Go Gym.

Got an email about the Casa Bacardi stage times too but can't copy/paste as the times are in an image. Will try to upload later if nobody beats me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

That's probably all that will be announced today so I spose?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

endainoz wrote: »
    Remember seeing Hard-fi at Oxegen one year. It was a decent show. Before they started the lead singer was pissed off with the roadie because the sound wasn't right or something, singer seemed like a bit of a dick. There was a pure scobe beside us and he just kept shouting "PLAY FCUKIN HARD TO BEAT!!!" for the whole show.

Ah Oxegen.....

Was anyone at Oxegen when the lead singer of The Fratellis was hit on the head with a orange? People were just shouting ' Play Chelsea Dagger'.

They are decent, what day and time are they playing?
    Decent wind down set

Unsure when he's playing. I'll update when I find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Spotify

I'm currently building global green. People should just come along in genral we stay open until 4am. Plus we have lots of comfy seats.

I'm currently building global green. People should just come along in genral we stay open until 4am. Plus we have lots of comfy seats.

Any hope of a few sneaky pics of the build?!

endainoz wrote: »
    Any hope of a few sneaky pics of the build?!

We build it off site then ship it up. Won't be on site until next Wendsday. I'll throw a few sneaky ones up when I'm up there.

We build it off site then ship it up. Won't be on site until next Wendsday. I'll throw a few sneaky ones up when I'm up there.

Cool thanks!

Discovered the village hall a few years ago - it was open well past 4am. :D

There were about 10 people there, it was full of smoke and was playing the most knackery beats imaginable. Perfection.

Discovered the village hall a few years ago - it was open well past 4am. :D

There were about 10 people there, it was full of smoke and was playing the most knackery beats imaginable. Perfection.

Ya we're open until someone tells us stop essentially. Come on down. I'll be hannging around somewhere and I may have a few cans to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I can vouch for the seats. Much appreciated area of calm and comfort at various times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

whelzer wrote: »
    Just over a week to go and this thread is 7 or 8 down the list here at Gigs...what has become of this place?:eek:

As i posted vefore i think last years late announcement broke this group. That coupled with a less than inspiring late announcement this year has dampened enthusiasm but personally i am really excited about the line up this year below headliners, strokes aside, and have already become totally unproductive in work. Roll on Friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Village Hall is, ahem, not all that good. Only a few people like it.

If you haven't been before, don't bother, you won't like it.

If you have been before, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Casa Bacardi stage times out now too, they are on the clashfinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Is village hall the tiny place with a a stereo set up on a small little stage playing minimal techno till all hours?
    Was thrilled to discover it on the way back to pink moon last year. We eventually got kicked out by 2 hi vis workers who seemed shocked it was still open!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Casa Bacardi stage times out now too, they are on the clashfinder.

Mix and Fairbanks will go down a treat on saturday from 3 to 4 along with an overpriced mojito for a sugar rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Theo Barack is a funny character in the Banter group, is he also a boardsie reminds me of our own scruff. :)

dont know him but i met him in Pink Moon before
    in all his Mr. T. finery, good laugh all right

patch wrote: »
    Is village hall the tiny place with a a stereo set up on a small little stage playing minimal techno till all hours?
    Was thrilled to discover it on the way back to pink moon last year. We eventually got kicked out by 2 hi vis workers who seemed shocked it was still open!

That's us! We now have a new tent open until the small wee hours which will focus more on chill out and comfort so come check that out.

Or you could let people make up their own minds and try something new. Thanks for your input.

Or you could let people make up their own minds and try something new. Thanks for your input.

I read PabloAndRoys post in a tongue in cheek / keep it secret kinda way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Spotify

I just found Kastane maybe 2-3 weeks ago and am delighted he is playing at EP. His stuff on spotify is amazing.

Village hall is an amazing stage as well, found myself trapped in there for a few hours every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 messi1900

I think PabloAndRoy has done you a favor, will definitely be checking this out now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nice and chilled there. Also consistently good music in the Village Hall. Enjoy the build and hope the rain eases off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Thanks for the tips all - really enjoying Autre Monde. Also quite like Sasami. Always good to have a few extras to add to the want to see list.

Advertisement