Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mr.S wrote: »
    Same here really, most of our group (die hard EP goers) have jumped to ATM / Body & Soul. These days I usually just head down on the Saturday to check it out and then run away that evening.

I don’t mind the lineup, but the “magic” seems to have gone from the festival. Still, I’ll probably go back and do it properly in a few years and have fun again. Change is good :-)

Most of our crew have jumped ship too, though more a case of taking the odd year off then returning. Any major music head is unlikely to find as much to satisfy them at other festivals and returning to EP in the future is inevitable for most. It just offers too much musically and artistically. Glastonbury has the same issues with people getting tired of it but always returning.

It's tough to retain the initial magic when you're a fifteen year old festival. However, anyone taking a break for a year or two will likely be reinvigorated on return. For me no other Irish festival has ever come close to it and it's hard to forsee a situation where any other ever will.

Or you could let people make up their own minds and try something new. Thanks for your input.

He was being sarcastic. Cheekily trying to avoid over-popularising a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He was being sarcastic. Cheekily trying to avoid over-popularising a good thing.

Ya I'm a bit thick. Sorry ðŸ˜

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

finally got round to trying to make a list for myself.

Must see:
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Richard Ashcroft
    Jonny Marr
    Christine and the Queens
    An Emotional Fish
    The Pale
    The Streets
    Duff McKagan
    Otherkin
    Maverick Sabre
    Whenyoung

Want to see:
    Brittany Howard
    Jarvis cocker
    Miles Kane
    Heavy Lungs
    Just Mustard
    RSAG
    Sports team
    Serpentwithfeet (will have to sneak off from my crowd to this as hes not everyones taste)
    Somebodys child
    Gerry Cinnamon
    Meltybrains
    JMSN (hoping not in a tent, and in sunshine)
    LAMB

Will see if at a loose end:
    Jinx Lennon
    State Lights
    David Keenan
    Kneecap
    Alex Gough
    Shura

After that I will catch the 4 main tribute acts if I can depending on clashes.

As for the headliners, I wouldn’t be a major fan of any of them. Ill check out hozier but fear that he’ll be quite dead on the main stage (hes no prodigy or duran duran). Florence bugs me but my crowd are big fans. Strokes meh. The 1975 have a couple of good songs on the latest album, but are sh!te in general. i don’t like their scatter gun approach to music, find out who you are and expand on it… don’t try every genre and see whats popular.

Im sure there are other bands that ill stumble across between now and then, but im really missing an Other Voices announcement…. And theres been little to nothing in the last 2 main announcements for my tastes. Theres nothing in any way what id consider "heavy" (or i havent come across such an act yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Breeno98

Will the Yellow car park be open on the Thursday? Any advice on how to easily get to it?

Also, probably a stupid question - I don't need to go all the way around to the main entrance then for general camping from the yellow car park then do I? Can I access the quarry entrance that goes into Jimi Hendrix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Breeno98 wrote: »
    Will the Yellow car park be open on the Thursday? Any advice on how to easily get to it?

Also, probably a stupid question - I don't need to go all the way around to the main entrance then for general camping from the yellow car park then do I? Can I access the quarry entrance that goes into Jimi Hendrix?

Last time I went to Early camping, the green car park was the only one open. Not sure about it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

sydthebeat wrote: »

Ill check out hozier but fear that he’ll be quite dead on the main stage (hes no prodigy or duran duran).

Went to see him in the Olympia at Christmas and was suprised by how upbeat the gig was. He covered Destiny's Child. Would guess he might bring a few mates on stage for his first time headlining EP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LimboSlice wrote: »
    He covered Destiny's Child.

You say this like it's a good thing?

Snarky Snark Snark

9 sleeps

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Went to see him in the Olympia at Christmas and was suprised by how upbeat the gig was. He covered Destiny's Child. Would guess he might bring a few mates on stage for his first time headlining EP too.

I hope so, but in all fairness the olympia is a small gig and would have been full of die hard fans as tickets were gold dust.

i wonder if he'll be a sunday evening act? a la george ezra / picture this last year

• Advertisement

9 sleeps

Ah single digit, time to obsess over the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

You say this like it's a good thing?

More an example of being upbeat, although must say I am a fan. He's a nice guy.

Snarky Snark Snark

Columc wrote: »
    Ah single digit, time to obsess over the weather!

we're still a week out from semi accurate forecasts.

Ya I'm a bit thick. Sorry ðŸ˜

We'll all be dropping into your place over the weekend, and bringing pals. I dropped by for Patrick Bergin's trad band last year but the times were changed. Other good stuff on all that weekend. Hope you do well with numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We'll all be dropping into your place over the weekend, and bringing pals. I dropped by for Patrick Bergin's trad band last year but the times were changed. Other good stuff on all that weekend. Hope you do well with numbers.

Was that this gig, I'm sure Patrick Bergin appeared with the Dominic Street Ramblers, so another time I could've bumped into you Seath.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

we're still a week out from semi accurate forecasts.

Oh I know, but a check every 8 hours to see If / how the forecast change is still happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Or you could let people make up their own minds and try something new. Thanks for your input.

You are most welcome. Any time :-)

Rumor is that Billie Eilish and Hozier are playing Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Curious....

Kelly-Ann used to get sets in Heineken and Casa
    now she's just in Body & Soul

is this a demotion of sorts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Columc wrote: »
    Rumor is that Billie Eilish and Hozier are playing Friday night.

So im guessing

Hozier
    Dermot Kennedy
    Billie

• Advertisement

Was that this gig, I'm sure Patrick Bergin appeared with the Dominic Street Ramblers, so another time I could've bumped into you Seath.

Yep, that one. I arrived at the scheduled time but it was delayed by about two hours and i had something else to see when they eventually arrived. Any good?

Curious....

Just switching it around I suppose, Kelly was a big hit at Body&Soul this year she got one of the biggest crowds at Reckless in Love on Saturday night, so I suppose Avril must have asked her to close the B&S main stage on Saturday and that's a fairly big boost for Kelly, more power to her.

Yep, that one. I arrived at the scheduled time but it was delayed by about two hours and i had something else to see when they eventually arrived. Any good?

It was a nice mellow gig, very chill. :) Which reminds me I need to re-edit that video title to include Patrick Bergin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

So im guessing

Hozier
    Dermot Kennedy
    Billie

Billie Eilish would be on after Dermot Kennedy I'd imagine, he'd be a good act to draw in the crowd early but she has more cache behind her now, cant imagine she would be impressed being on that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Curious....

oh id say the opposite, closing out main stage body and soul on the sat night is a great time slot for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Billie Eilish would be on after Dermot Kennedy I'd imagine, he'd be a good act to draw in the crowd early but she has more cache behind her now, cant imagine she would be impressed being on that early.

looks like Ill have to endure a bit (or a lot) of Dermot
    to get a decent spot for Billie, sheesh

In the absence of much else to speculate about who are the possible Jerry Fish loud Sunday headliners? Surely has to be one from SLF, Therapy?, Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital. Last two are available and may feel they owe JF a favour after a leg-up at the fest. What about a big end of weekend for the Fontaines? Can't be announced according to their ATN exclusivity deal (though they stepped in to FF) but won't count if it's not billed. For me it'd be a surprise if we don't get one of the two Dublin outfits. And all the more annoying to have to miss it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »

She is playing a 4.20 at reading this weekend , even if she was playing before Dermot she would still be hitting the stage around 7.30/8 which isnt that early.

The only reason i say Dermot is because he apparently mentioned he was playing before Hozier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Rfrip wrote: »
    oh id say the opposite, closing out main stage body and soul on the sat night is a great time slot for her

Totally agree Body and Soul is a far better slot

Advertisement