Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

Stillill42 wrote: »
    We've cut that **** out, Endainoz. Get with the program.
    #thekidsarealright

Kids might be but hunzos aren't!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

endainoz wrote: »
    Kids might be but hunzos aren't!

Whats a hunzo? Do we eat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Vulpynes are playing Salty dog on the Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »

Decent Dublin female two-piece, very good when supporting Sleaford Mods here in Feb. A nice act to start people off on the Thur.

Envy setting in here for those who have a four day fest when I'm down to two. Missing Sunday and that could be the best day also given that Jerry Fish alone has an excellent evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Poorside wrote: »

Now i am more jealous of those going thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fichetwo

Does anyone know what time the gates close Thursday night for early entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Now i am more jealous of those going thursday

Same here. It's not an enormous expense to pay for an extra evening at a festival. Arrive circa 8, tent up quickly, beers in hand watching a band at 9pm. Enjoy it people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

timbel wrote: »
    Just a quick question, is there a certain route/direction you need to come from to get a spot in the Green Car park.

Last time at EP (2017) we had no choice but to go to a different Car Park and haul all our stuff to Pink Moon. The previous visit (2015) had no such issue.

I am unsure, but going up Thursday, so will get to Stradbally first, for some food, and head down that road that passes it.

Any nice spots to eat there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

fichetwo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the gates close Thursday night for early entry?

Think it's midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

Interesting video by the economist looking at the finances of festivals and how people are sold the experience. Also Boomtown looks like an amazing festival!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

endainoz wrote: »
    Interesting video by the economist looking at the finances of festivals and how people are sold the experience. Also Boomtown looks like an amazing festival!

Great video, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

We all must be going for the experience because it’s defo not the headliners. However that’s exactly what festival republic are pushing the picnic towards the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What festival is not about 'the experience '? Great music every year is only the half of EP for most of us, I'd guess. Look at how attached we are to the Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Body and Soul, the Haunt, Mindfield, our favourite food joints, the Village Hall, whatever. That's the beauty of the whole thing. Some people will eventually get to the point where the negatives outweigh the positives but I'm a long way off that yet. Let them keep working on the experience.

EDIT: Just watched the video, very interesting alright. I'm not after a life altering experience. The music hardly got a mention in that. That's still the driver for me, always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

We all must be going for the experience because it’s defo not the headliners. However that’s exactly what festival republic are pushing the picnic towards the experience.

People ask me, whose playing at EP, my answer:
    Totally irelevant to me, It is an experience, i like hearing music i’ve heard before played live, but i love, being surprised by newmusic i haven’t heard before, and almost all of my best previous experiences at 2 previous EP’s, has been at smaller locations, particularly OV & Salty Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What festival is not about 'the experience '? Great music every year is only the half of EP for most of us, I'd guess. Look at how attached we are to the Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Body and Soul, the Haunt, Mindfield, our favourite food joints, the Village Hall, whatever. That's the beauty of the whole thing. Some people will eventually get to the point where the negatives outweigh the positives but I'm a long way off that yet. Let them keep working on the experience.

EDIT: Just watched the video, very interesting alright. I'm not after a life altering experience. The music hardly got a mention in that. That's still the driver for me, always will be.

Very true, you come across venues that you will never in a million years find in towns and cities. I've discovered loads of new or in some cases old (The Haunt) music from just wandering the periphery of the festival site, very occasionally there are things in the main arena that will get my attention too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

Best i ever saw at so was David Byrne followed by the knife. Think Johnny mar r was just before. Including real..

Unreal i mean. New to the boards.

Now to my question. Anyone ever been asked for proof of purchase for a camper pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kenzothe wrote: »
    Best i ever saw at so was David Byrne followed by the knife. Think Johnny mar r was just before. Including real..

2013 twas a good year I was at these gigs too, amazing stuff. Ben Klock on Friday night at Rave in the Woods, Bjork, Robert Plant, Eels, Disclosure. It was a great lineup that year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Hi Guys!!!!

Officially in single digits, on night shift and have severe EP butterflies!!!

Like others I am not overly excited by the line up, to be fair EP could announce a one man band in a tent and I would turn up for the craic! Live for this weekend each year, a place like no other!!!

Any one else getting pre session jitters??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Chic announced this day last year

Some I’m positive for something decent today

Why do I do this to myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Rfrip wrote: »

Well Todayfm said they have another big announcement after 12 today, maybe EP will have something as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I also saw two magpies on the way to work this morning....just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ficcss wrote: »
    Well Todayfm said they have another big announcement after 12 today, maybe EP will have something as well!

Today FM Silent Disco or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Now to my question. Anyone ever been asked for proof of purchase for a camper pass?

We've been in campervans the last six years I think and have never been asked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ficcss wrote: »
    Rfrip wrote: »

Unless we get the map or a decent band announcement, then TodayFM can fup off.

I was generally calm about the way the announcements were going this year, but really annoyed this last week

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Maybe Freetown announcement today, map tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think Three said last week that they would be announcing their Made by Music stage today didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I think Three said last week that they would be announcing their Made by Music stage today didnt they?

Yes. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Never happens.

Advertisement