Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Hi Guys!!!!

Officially in single digits, on night shift and have severe EP butterflies!!!

Like others I am not overly excited by the line up, to be fair EP could announce a one man band in a tent and I would turn up for the craic! Live for this weekend each year, a place like no other!!!

Any one else getting pre session jitters??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Ed Sheerin in (I think) Electric Arena. He was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Ficcss wrote: »
    Well Todayfm said they have another big announcement after 12 today, maybe EP will have something as well!

all acts cancelled, just picture this playing constantly throughout the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think Three said last week that they would be announcing their Made by Music stage today didnt they?

I presume the Made by Music stage will be acts from Three's Made by Music initiative where they put Irish acts together to make new songs, videos, etc.

This year, they've two tracks out on it - one from David Kitt, Fehdah and Kean Kavanagh, and one from Soule, Elaine Mai and Sorcha Richardson. Are any of those on the bill yet? There's a third track on the way, I think but I dunno who is involved.

Last year, they did Jafaris, Saint Sister and Kormac. Think the Saint Sister track was quite successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

endainoz wrote: »
    Because they do paint ball there during the year and other outdoor activities in the stradbally estate. Obviously not during the weekend of EP though the idea of shooting some hunzos in the face does sound appealing.

As a hunzo I was going to pretend to be shocked and appalled, then thought about how much fun it would be shooting paintballs at the 18 year olds in bucket hats and the 'yah, I'd just really recommend doing a summer in Thailand, it's where I got these trousers that I've been wearing since Friday, y'knowwhatimeanloike?' crowd. I can't be a hypocrite. Just make sure you shoot glitter at me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

melwurdo wrote: »
    As a hunzo I was going to pretend to be shocked and appalled, then thought about how much fun it would be shooting paintballs at the 18 year olds in bucket hats and the 'yah, I'd just really recommend doing a summer in Thailand, it's where I got these trousers that I've been wearing since Friday, y'knowwhatimeanloike?' crowd. I can't be a hypocrite. Just make sure you shoot glitter at me too.

Ah, you see what I mean?

#thekidsarealright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

melwurdo wrote: »

The 'loike' part really painted an excellent picture there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Never happens.

I was in a campervan twice, and we displayed the sticker,(isn’t that what your suposed to do?) hence, no checking required, as it was displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah, you see what I mean?

#thekidsarealright

I'll be floating around Harvest Moon and Freetown mostly with glitter and UV paint for anyone who wants a splash of colour. Adulting gets boring, being a total hun in Stradbally livens it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Anyone actually doing any work? Just sitting here refreshing this and the fb pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Anyone actually doing any work? Just sitting here refreshing this and the fb pages.

yes, but it's difficult, my head is a disaster zone after the ff last night and I badly need a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

yes, but it's difficult, my head is a disaster zone after the ff last night and I badly need a shower.

if thats not prep for EP i dont know what is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Woke up with phone on 5% and no alarm set this morning, had to get a taxi and rush into work.

Great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

I think Three said last week that they would be announcing their Made by Music stage today didnt they?

Sounds like the Play The Picnic stage under a different name

• Registered Users Posts: 26 messi1900

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Only took them a month to actually think to apologise. Won't be getting my money again that's for sure. I noticed they said capacity will not increase. I think they are actually decreasing capacity as I doubt they would get that license again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Still no announcement Today... What we thinking are going to get another big name (electronic) or just some fillers if anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Court123!

Guys, I can't go is it possible to sell on pink moon camping tickets does anyone know ? Cheers

I will buy it from you if you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

The majority of those had already been announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Who is Niall Smyth is that you Ferris. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

DDOK wrote: »
    Has anybody sold a tent in Pink Moon on toutless? I have a 2-man tent to sell as we managed to get a 4-man tent instead this year. Just wondering what's the best way to go about it? Selling gig tickets is one thing when you have physical tickets to hand over to the buyer. All I have from Pink Moon is an email confirmation.

I'm looking to buy pink moon tent if you still have it?

ECkpu5WXsAMguxc?format=jpg&name=small

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    If anyone is interested I have a 2 man Bell tent in pink moon to sell. Cost me 470, will take 450 for it. Adverts and donedeal aren't taking any EP ads this year. Just can't go myself, I have the email confs., cr card, etc etc and can meet to show it's genuine. Cheers.

Is this still available?

As you can probably tell I'm looking for a two man pink moon tent if anyone has one going please!

Not much of a suprise there, I still think it'll be more of a corporate version of other voices but hopefully I'm wrong. Some decent acts in there all the same. Cassia do really sound like vampire weekend and the Scratch are a good act also.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Quote:

"Electro-pop star Shura will headline Friday night at the Three ‘Made by Music’ stage and will be preceded by avant garde vocalist and performance artist Serpentwithfeet, indie pioneers Sports Team..."

That's me sorted for Friday :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Quote:

"Electro-pop star Shura will headline Friday night at the Three ‘Made by Music’ stage and will be preceded by avant garde vocalist and performance artist Serpentwithfeet, indie pioneers Sports Team..."

That's me sorted for Friday :-)

are we assuming this is in the very same place as OV was??

you wouldnt want any noise bleed when serpentwithfeet is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

theres nothing more frustrating than an announcement with acts already bloody announced

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    theres nothing more frustrating than an announcement with acts already bloody announced

Yeah I agree, give us something that's not been announced already and who hasn't played the festival before.

Advertisement