Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

sydthebeat wrote: »
    are we assuming this is in the very same place as OV was??

you wouldnt want any noise bleed when serpentwithfeet is on.

Good question--no idea!!! Don't know the size of this new stage. The Other Voices "community hall size"--was it a permanent building there????

And yes, you wouldn't, would you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Quite a few here i want to see but all playing elsewhere. Might help with clashes but a big disappointment as thought there might be some new music to check out.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Quite a few here i want to see but all playing elsewhere. Might help with clashes but a big disappointment as thought there might be some new music to check out.

Eight!!! here that are on my list already....Heavy Lungs, Ider, Just Mustard, Powpig, Serpentwithfeet, Shura, Sports Team, Working Men's Club

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Quite a few here i want to see but all playing elsewhere. .

were they?? or were they just main announcements who have now been corralled into 3MBM ?

definitely missing a completely new Other Voices announcement... and id say the actual numbers of acts playing this year must be down about 20% on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Who is Niall Smyth is that you Ferris. ;)

tis myself!
    Niall's of the world unite and take over!

• Advertisement

were they?? or were they just main announcements who have now been corralled into 3MBM ?

definitely missing a completely new Other Voices announcement... and id say the actual numbers of acts playing this year must be down about 20% on last year

I'd agree...I'd say they are not playing elsewhere. The names were announced previously (in the most part if not all) and now they're being divvied up amongst the stages....have this vision of loads of people with cards with band names throwing them into buckets with "Main", "Three", "Cosby"...and an almighty row ensuing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I've a spare Eco-Camping ticket, first to drop me a PM can have it. Include your email address so I can forward it.

Gone Already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinyshoos

I have a question about performers tickets. Usually I’m a general admission/pink moon girl but defaulted to ATN this year and couldn’t afford both festivals!
    But the fomo gods have landed me a performers ticket for EP.... are there any perks to the ticket like fancy loos or a separate campsite? I’ve never general camped so I’m trying to prepare myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 burgerandchips

tvercetti wrote: »
    I've a spare Eco-Camping ticket, first to drop me a PM can have it. Include your email address so I can forward it.

hi new here but if this is still available could i get it? tried to message but unable

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

shinyshoos wrote: »
    I have a question about performers tickets. Usually I’m a general admission/pink moon girl but defaulted to ATN this year and couldn’t afford both festivals!
    But the fomo gods have landed me a performers ticket for EP.... are there any perks to the ticket like fancy loos or a separate campsite? I’ve never general camped so I’m trying to prepare myself!

There's a performers campsite, and you apparently also get access into the VIP area*, which has a few flushing toilets, as well as shelter in the bar marquee.

*possibly not - unless you've an artist wristband, as opposed to a performer wristband.

alastair wrote: »
    There's a performers campsite, and you apparently also get access into the VIP area*, which has a few flushing toilets, as well as shelter in the bar marquee.

*possibly not - unless you've an artist wristband, as opposed to a performer wristband.

Cheers Alastair, it was mostly the campsite I was wondering about. We won’t be there until Saturday morning and I was worried about the availability in general camping - I’ve been too spoiled over the years by pink moon!

Cheers Alastair, it was mostly the campsite I was wondering about. We won’t be there until Saturday morning and I was worried about the availability in general camping - I’ve been too spoiled over the years by pink moon!

The performer campsite is usually pretty spacious and a safe haven from the worst of Hendrix style horror shows. Right behind boutique camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭darzog

“Asking for a friend” Anybody historically have any issues with bringing a caravan in with a campervan pass? The caravan ticket comes in two pieces, one part for the caravan, the other a hanger for the car. I think campervan passes only consist of the hanger part. I suppose my pal could legitimately say (and truthfully!!) that he originally had a campervan and recently sold it and bought a caravan...

alastair wrote: »
    The performer campsite is usually pretty spacious and a safe haven from the worst of Hendrix style horror shows. Right behind boutique camping.

Sounds perfect, one last question if I may, I need to enter through gate 7, is that between paintball and main entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hadnt considered that. If that the case even more disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

darzog wrote: »
    “Asking for a friend” Anybody historically have any issues with bringing a caravan in with a campervan pass? The caravan ticket comes in two pieces, one part for the caravan, the other a hanger for the car. I think campervan passes only consist of the hanger part. I suppose my pal could legitimately say (and truthfully!!) that he originally had a campervan and recently sold it and bought a caravan...

You should be alright but hopefully your not travelling down with a group of your friends in campers and caravans as both vehicles get separated and have to be parked separately because its a health and safety issue if they are parked together.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Sounds perfect, one last question if I may, I need to enter through gate 7, is that between paintball and main entrance?

Paintball is gate 7 afaik alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I wonder if this would be a replacement for the LBT rather than OV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kepler21 wrote: »

I think it said it will be located in the woods but yeah I wonder if the rumours of the LBT being gone are true. Guess we will find out tomorrow when the map is out?

I think it said it will be located in the woods but yeah I wonder if the rumours of the LBT being gone are true. Guess we will find out tomorrow when the map is out?

There's no "Little Big Tent" (LBT) on the line up poster or the scrolling banner on the web site. Looked back at the line up from last year's LBT and there's a very very similar feel to the artists that will be appearing in Three Made By Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

LBT is the only area (that I can spot) missing from the app...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

is it safe to assume Pink Moon hasn't moved, i'd imagine so?
    i need to start obsessing about getting into green car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Has never been as issue for us, in fact we tow a caravan with our camper...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

is it safe to assume Pink Moon hasn't moved, i'd imagine so?
    i need to start obsessing about getting into green car park!

likewise any tips ? i have never managed to get there yet ..arriving friday lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Kepler21 wrote: »

I think you might be right. That's a high quality line up for a little tent in the woods. I'll be spending half my weekend there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is not going to be a problem. Do not worry about it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suec8451

This is not going to be a problem. Do not worry about it one bit.

Are u sure cos im going to buy a caravan ticket tonight and am feeling a little bit robbed because i am paying 250 for it when i could easily get a campervan one for 100 to 150.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This consistent bad weather in Galway for August is getting me down, I hope there is some respite in Stradbally next week. It seems Body&Soul festival got the best weather this year with a dry Friday and Saturday and a wet Sunday. All Together Now had a gorgeous sunny Friday and then a wet Saturday and Sunday although it cleared up for the nighttime.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement