Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This consistent bad weather in Galway for August is getting me down, I hope there is some respite in Stradbally next week. It seems Body&Soul festival got the best weather this year with a dry Friday and Saturday and a wet Sunday. All Together Now had a gorgeous sunny Friday and then a wet Saturday and Sunday although it cleared up for the nighttime.

My motto is "drink so much you don't know what the weather is like" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

suec8451 wrote: »
    Are u sure cos im going to buy a caravan ticket tonight and am feeling a little bit robbed because i am paying 250 for it when i could easily get a campervan one for 100 to 150.. :(

I just PMd you with an option. Let me know.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

On the Pink Moon / Green car park topic, did anyone manage to park in Green last year, arriving in Stradbally on Friday morning?

As I read the traffic management plan, it looks like getting to Green will be difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sydthebeat wrote: »
    were they?? or were they just main announcements who have now been corralled into 3MBM ?

definitely missing a completely new Other Voices announcement... and id say the actual numbers of acts playing this year must be down about 20% on last year

Looks like you were right syd. Just mustard confirmed to me on twitter that only doing one show. Looks like a lot of time at 3 stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

On the Pink Moon / Green car park topic, did anyone manage to park in Green last year, arriving in Stradbally on Friday morning?

As I read the traffic management plan, it looks like getting to Green will be difficult...

Yeah I did, I drove through Kildangan then onto Vicarstown and headed for Inch cross but got diverted by guards out to the R428. Came into stradbally and took a right as if i was going back to the portlaoise direction and took a left into the green car park.

As far as I know there isn't any guaranteed method as you could get diverted by guards at any point but I've gotten into green the last two years via this route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Given we expect map tomorrow and timetables next week i think it is safe to assume no more music announcements. With the addition of freetown seems to me the numbers are a bit light, even with LBT possibly replaced by either freetown or 3.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Looks like you were right syd. Just mustard confirmed to me on twitter that only doing one show. Looks like a lot of time at 3 stage.

If it's the same for all of these acts and then the same for the acts your man said are playing freetown, then that would bring the main arena acts down to about 70ish, down from 92 last year. That could definitely indicate that the LBT is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

suec8451 wrote: »
    Are u sure cos im going to buy a caravan ticket tonight and am feeling a little bit robbed because i am paying 250 for it when i could easily get a campervan one for 100 to 150.. :(

2017 I brought my caravan in on a campervan ticket. There was no issue.

250 is totally taking the piss. get the campervan one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

everlast75 wrote: »
    My motto is "drink so much you don't know what the weather is like" :D

My blog review wouldn't be up to much if I done that all the time hahaha. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

My blog review wouldn't be up to much if I done that all the time hahaha. :)

Chilly and windy bodhran...

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/gallery/electric-picnic/472553/weather-charts-for-the-electric-picnic-weekend-look-chilly-and-windy.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ignacius

Hey All. What’s the craic with the boardsies meet up!
    Probably mentioned already but whereabouts🀗
    Myself and the mrs will have a few scoops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ignacius wrote: »
    Hey All. What’s the craic with the boardsies meet up!
    Probably mentioned already but whereabouts��
    Myself and the mrs will have a few scoops

Some informal chat about a rendezvous at These Charming Men, 5.40 at the Salty Dog on the Friday. I'm sure details will be firmed up as we approach D-day.

Saw some guy tweet that unfortunately the salty dog is inside the arena this year.. Don't know who he is but he seems to be promoting the salty dog on his twitter.

https://twitter.com/washboardwilly/status/1164589317169303554

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well fcuk that..... A lot of what I've loved about EP, and what I go for, is being lost.

I'll still await the official word but balls to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Well fcuk that.....
    Hear! Hear! Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Some informal chat about a rendezvous at These Charming Men, 5.40 at the Salty Dog on the Friday. I'm sure details will be firmed up as we approach D-day.

Brilliant,I’ll be there with me Iron Maiden top!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think today was a bit underwhelming with the lack of much new acts and all that so in an effort to get this thread talking about what we DO have what are the three songs from people you are most looking forward to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

endainoz wrote: »
    I think today was a bit underwhelming with the lack of much new acts and all that so in an effort to get this thread talking about what we DO have what are the three songs from people you are most looking forward to?

Michael K, Cassia, Serpentwithfeet, bi curious, hozier, Maverick Sabre and Talos to name a few bands I look forward to .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

My most awaited track:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Moloko (Roisin Murphy).

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Johnny doing How soon is now, Avant Gardener by Courtney Barnett and Under cover of Darkness by the Strokes.

But that will all change in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

Charli XCX- Vroom Vroom, the live performance is not to be missed

Christine and the Queens - The walker, that song does things to you

Mitski - Nobody, existential crisis bop

Bring on the dancing horses, Echo and the Bunnymen
    Judy French, White Reaper
    How did this happen?? Bodega

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Guess if we are doing the three song game

Reptillia - the strokes
    Where's the catch - James blake
    Sugar beats - bi curious

I cannot wait,

Gonna pick up some brewdog at tesco on special offer at the weekend and I'm sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Bad guy Billie Eilish
    This Charming man, Marr
    Tombstone, Otherkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just realised a band that are playing are nowhere on the announced acts, Post punk podge, he wouldn't the biggest act around he should be on the list, could be one of the acts for Freetown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Krystal Klear won’t be announced for ep

Freetown is baffling me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Just realised a band that are playing are nowhere on the announced acts, Post punk podge, he wouldn't the biggest act around he should be on the list, could be one of the acts for Freetown.

He is what he says on the tin. Post-punk crew wearing masks and hassling the audience. An acquired taste.

Can't see them getting a slot in the dance area. Hopefully that means more acts for Body & Soul, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have heard that FATM is on saturday with Kodaline subbing

Advertisement