Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Likes of salty dog outside the campsites is probably enough to tip me towards ATN next year to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Never heard of bicep so I'd say it's a bit bigger. It's a terrible name.
    Check them out! You're in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

today FMs version of big names and mine are very different so i dont have much hope on freetown tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Oh the doom and gloom! Salty Dog is a blow, lads but chin up! We're only a week out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Oh the doom and gloom! Salty Dog is a blow, lads but chin up! We're only a week out!

I take it as a challenge to up my drink-smuggling game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

everlast75 wrote: »
    I take it as a challenge to up my drink-smuggling game!

That's the spirit Everlast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Looks like pretty much everything outside the campsites is inside the main arena?? Or am I just reading this wrong?

Transmission and Anachronica are the only stages not in the main arena now.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

So disappointed with the new layout. Also, it doesn't look like there's been any attempt to alleviate the crowds/crushes around anachronica area. Looks like all the campsites, campervans etc. to the west (including a new overflow one!) will be served by the single arena entrance at the bottom left of Freetown.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Hopefully this isn’t the end of the Salty Dog... was always lovely to hang around it and finish your cans before heading into the main arena.

Just wondering from anyone who’s been to Pink Moon before how you expect these changes to make it difficult? Such as - Judging from the map it’ll be pretty much impossible to get from the main entrance to pink moon with your stuff? (We’re driving and aiming for Green Park obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lads, there's a line between the main stages area and the late night area, could be B&S and SD are freeflow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

That's the spirit Everlast!

Literally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Likely to be more a health & safety issue than anything else. The crowd rushes for the main arena entrance by the Salty Dog were pretty bad last year. I was amongst the crowd heading out to the SD while kids were coming in from the campsites for Dua Lipa and it wasn't something the security could handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

Right, about this tunnel lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Where is Spike Island on the map? It's so low res I cant make anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Where is Spike Island on the map? It's so low res I cant make anything out.

It's in the Freetown area, right next to that big stage
    Number 25

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

This is a bit crap, especially for Thursday night, when it would have been chilled in the Hazel Wood with your own cans.
    On the other hand, I always made decisions for the Salty Dog Stage based on whether I could be arsed to go through the security and back, so at least I have a better chance of getting to some Salty Dog acts.

The route from the paintball entrance looks very different. It sends people alongside the road all the way around the arena. Looks like a long walk on Thursday if Green is the only parking open. It looks only convenient for getting into the arena and nothing else. Arena entrance looks like its moved closer to the paintball entrance as well. I never understood why there wasn't an entrance there anyway, probably kept as emergency access.

Tour de Picnic camping moved across the road, and Oscar Wilde is now where Tour de Picnic and (pre-2018) Eco campsite were. Wilde looks smaller than before. They are taking some of the Freetown field for an arena entrance, probably the main one. The two routes from the Eco campsite will be in through Freetown, past Salty Dog and to the main section, or outside the woods alongside Warhol and Hendrix.
    It will be a real pain if you're in Warhol to get to Salty Dog because of the way they are blocking arena access in the woods.

New orange campsite. There was talk of naming it Keith Flint but don't see it on the map.

Overall I can understand that they are trying to handle the capacity by moving people away from the main stages area into Freetown/SD/Trenchtown and I think its good that they are expanding the area. The lack of freeflow area except in the campsites is a huge loss though, and I think it will make a huge difference to SD and surrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Never heard of bicep so I'd say it's a bit bigger. It's a terrible name.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That's correct.

No BYOB stages any more, not by my reading anyway

That's a bad decision me thinks...

no BYOB at Trenchtown will kill it off even more IMO, it's half empty at the best of times....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

AIB Tap Houses on the map.
    Hopefully they will have a good uptake from vendors.

• Advertisement

According to their twitter, mother djs are only playing jerry fish on the saturday night. The arnt closing the earthship stage in body and soul on the sunday night. Thats really crap tbh

Otsuka wrote: »
    AIB Tap Houses on the map.
    Hopefully they will have a good uptake from vendors.
    have seen these mentioned a few times, what exactly are they?
    The promotional blurb doesn't really explain anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Hopefully this isn’t the end of the Salty Dog... was always lovely to hang around it and finish your cans before heading into the main arena.

Just wondering from anyone who’s been to Pink Moon before how you expect these changes to make it difficult? Such as - Judging from the map it’ll be pretty much impossible to get from the main entrance to pink moon with your stuff? (We’re driving and aiming for Green Park obviously).

If you're going from pink moon to meet friends in any other campsite you can;t bring booze from the looks of it. . .
    thats about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Rfrip wrote: »
    According to their twitter, mother djs are only playing jerry fish on the saturday night. The arnt closing the earthship stage in body and soul on the sunday night. Thats really crap tbh

Unless they’re doing Freetown too, but have been embargoed on mentioning it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Anyone got a HD version of the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

have seen these mentioned a few times, what exactly are they?
    The promotional blurb doesn't really explain anything.

Basically a wristband that you can use as a credit card at the vendors. You load it up with money at one of the AIB places and then off you go.

They had them at Kaleidoscope. I thought it was a bit pointless myself, especially if you have either a card or a phone that you can use to tap.

alastair wrote: »
    Unless they’re doing Freetown too, but have been embargoed on mentioning it yet?

No, they are just playing Jerry Fish:(

So little big tent is definatly gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

LimboSlice wrote: »

Last year we were in the red car park and just walked along the road on the outskirts of the site and there was a wristband exchange right next to Pink Moon, that's not much of a problem but looking like that route will be the only way to bring drink from PM to the regular campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Rfrip wrote: »
    No, they are just playing Jerry Fish:(

So little big tent is definatly gone?

yeah little big tent gone, so the 'brand new' terminus stage in Freetown is just to replace it, rather than a completely new Stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Maybe ''Free''Town is going to be freeflow, and there will be an allotted amount of drink per person to bring into areas like Salty Dog, Trench town, B&S

Maybe I'm just clutching at strings....

Advertisement