Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Charlie Chaplin has doubled in size will probably be as swamped as Wilde in previous years.
    I'd be concerned about the Eco Campsite now looks smaller on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Fics wrote: »
    Maybe ''Free''Town is going to be freeflow, and there will be an allotted amount of drink per person to bring into areas like Salty Dog, Trench town, B&S

Maybe I'm just clutching at strings....

I fear the irony of the name FREEtown was perhaps lost on the organizers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭rubick

haitens wrote: »
    Charlie Chaplin has doubled in size will probably be as swamped as Wilde in previous years.
    I'd be concerned about the Eco Campsite now looks smaller on the map

I'd have thought Eco was exactly the same size - it's surrounded by the same line of trees. They also didn't increase the capacity this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

rubick wrote: »
    I'd have thought Eco was exactly the same size - it's surrounded by the same line of trees. They also didn't increase the capacity this year.

They have been steadily increasing the capacity by 2,500 each year

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Ah was looking at this map from last year must have been a draft.

• Advertisement

They have been steadily increasing the capacity by 2,500 each year

Pretty sure ByEco they said in an earlier email this year before registration that the capacity for this year hadn't been increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Korvanica wrote: »
    Transmission and Anachronica are the only stages not in the main arena now.

This is a massive step back for EP, very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Basically a wristband that you can use as a credit card at the vendors. You load it up with money at one of the AIB places and then off you go.

They had them at Kaleidoscope. I thought it was a bit pointless myself, especially if you have either a card or a phone that you can use to tap.
    thanks, yeah seems like a bit of a faff, you're presumably going to need a card to top it up in the first place, and most vendors take card already, so seems unnecessary. more corporate brand engagement nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Some big changes for sure this year. Hard to make the map out as it is low resolution when you zoom in. I would imagine that the free flow areas of Salty Dog, Trenchtown, Hazel Wood etc are a thing of the past now, as ghostdancer said it is hard to see Trenchtown surviving this as it takes up such a large area and rarely has any people in it even at peak times. My guess is that once the "main area" closes, then you will be allowed bring your own drink into the "late night arena" - so in other words, after midnight on Fri/Sun you will be allowed bring drink in to Salty Dog, Freetown, Body & Soul, Jerry Fish etc, but it would be after 2am on Saturday.

I'd say they were under pressure from the bars/sponsors as they wanted to make more money on the bars. Disappointing but it won't effect me too much really, I'd say I spent less than 1 hour per day drinking cans in any of those areas. Was nice to chill out with a few cans but on the flipside it will mean once you are in the arena it will be easier to access places like Freetown, Made by Music etc without going through more security checks.

My concerns lay around pink moon - what entrance/car park will we go in now?! If we cant access pink moon from the paintball entrance it looks like it will be a serious walk. Also will it be possible to bring drink from pink moon down to the normal campsites? Usually this would be of high importance to me but this year I have more friends in pink moon than usual.

Can anyone make out if there's a bar in Freetown? Can't get a chance to study the map yet as I have to make it look like I'm working. Maybe the area will be limited freeflow after the bars have to close, like the main arena. Still only three hours can time right enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

most vendors take card already

do they?? havent been in a few years but it wasnt that way last time. would be very very happy if this were the case

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Can anyone make out if there's a bar in Freetown? Can't get a chance to study the map yet as I have to make it look like I'm working. Maybe the area will be limited freeflow after the bars have to close, like the main arena. Still only three hours can time right enough.

There is a bar yes.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rfrip wrote: »
    Thats 2014 :D

ninja edit !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ninja edit !!! :D

Thought i was loosing my mind there..which is also possible:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭riddles

Some big changes for sure this year. Hard to make the map out as it is low resolution when you zoom in. I would imagine that the free flow areas of Salty Dog, Trenchtown, Hazel Wood etc are a thing of the past now, as ghostdancer said it is hard to see Trenchtown surviving this as it takes up such a large area and rarely has any people in it even at peak times. My guess is that once the "main area" closes, then you will be allowed bring your own drink into the "late night arena" - so in other words, after midnight on Fri/Sun you will be allowed bring drink in to Salty Dog, Freetown, Body & Soul, Jerry Fish etc, but it would be after 2am on Saturday.

I'd say they were under pressure from the bars/sponsors as they wanted to make more money on the bars. Disappointing but it won't effect me too much really, I'd say I spent less than 1 hour per day drinking cans in any of those areas. Was nice to chill out with a few cans but on the flipside it will mean once you are in the arena it will be easier to access places like Freetown, Made by Music etc without going through more security checks.

My concerns lay around pink moon - what entrance/car park will we go in now?! If we cant access pink moon from the paintball entrance it looks like it will be a serious walk. Also will it be possible to bring drink from pink moon down to the normal campsites? Usually this would be of high importance to me but this year I have more friends in pink moon than usual.
    Will you be able to bring your own drinks to the salty dog during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you can still use the paintball entrance from the car parks to get to Pink Moon, unless I'm missing something? I don't see any change there?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Going to miss the ritual of drinking cans on the Friday afternoon at the Salty Dog. Hopefully we'll get a decent announcement this afternoon for Freetown. Only a week to go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Lot of confusion going on

No decent copy of the map online yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

also re Salty Dog - is entrance to main arena not beside it? My map reading skills are woeful so I'm probably just seeing what I want to see

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lot of confusion going on

No decent copy of the map online yet ?

Later today I understand.

BTW - talk about poxy timing. This is my first year driving down on my own, I have an awful sense of direction as it is, and now they might be moving around the car park best for the pink moon entrance :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Wouldn't make any judgement without a HD map.

Two blue entrances are the main ones still in place. But the usual paths towards Trench/Salty are all marked with red and then to get from those areas into typical main parts you have to cross a black entry.

Could be a designated free flow area.

Edit: looking at the legend (the red markings not included) I'm most likely clutching.

riddles wrote: »
    Will you be able to bring your own drinks to the salty dog during the day?

Well none of us know for certain, but it's looking like that cannot be done anymore due to the new barrier set up between the campsites and the woods.
    you can still use the paintball entrance from the car parks to get to Pink Moon, unless I'm missing something? I don't see any change there?

Ah grand, I just looked at it and say the paintball entrance leads you down a path towards Oscar Wilde and feared the worst. But you are probably right, main entrance for pink moon must still be in the same spot.
    optogirl wrote: »
    also re Salty Dog - is entrance to main arena not beside it? My map reading skills are woeful so I'm probably just seeing what I want to see

It says that is the pedestrian entrance to the woods, just a walkway presumably with no security checks. The security checks are marked by the light blue arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

d_levins wrote: »
    I fear the irony of the name FREEtown was perhaps lost on the organizers.

Same people that renamed the taxi company to FreeNow??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sooo; Thursday. What’s the story on cans at Salty Dog then?

I’m beginning to wonder if there’s mileage in some sneaky stashing of cans inside the expanded arena on Thursday. Life will find a way. 🤔😄

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

alastair wrote: »
    Sooo; Thursday. What’s the story on cans at Salty Dog then?

I’m beginning to wonder if there’s mileage in some sneaky stashing of cans inside the expanded arena on Thursday. Life will find a way. ����

I was looking at the map on that certain radio stations site and if you open it in a new tab/window and go full-screen, they have two 'boundaries' so The Salty Dog etc. fall within the Main Arena until the Main Stage/Rankins close and then there is a 'late-night' boundary which means only then do Freetown, Salty Dog, Trenchtown become free-flow.

I'd hope that they'd have the late night boundary in place for Thursday so you could bring yer cans, but who knows!!

At least that is what I'm reading. (disclaimer: I could be completely talking out of me hoop!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So going by today FM, freetown is the last remaining announcement of acts

Bit of a silly question folks but a friend of mine has a performers ticket but it has a girls name on it, he is worried they won't let him in as they will realise the ticket was given to him from someone else. Surely he will be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Is there anybody out there ;-) with young eyes that can tell me if that is the Made By Music stage where Other Voices used to be, i.e. between Trenchtown and Salty Dog, please?

Is there anyone else that can tell them how to spell boundary?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

thanks, yeah seems like a bit of a faff, you're presumably going to need a card to top it up in the first place, and most vendors take card already, so seems unnecessary. more corporate brand engagement nonsense.

I found it great at Kaleidoscope
    You can top up with cash and (dare I say it) get them for the kids and give them pocket money for the weekend. I’m always rooting in my bag for purse , card, money so it eliminates that too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Bit of a silly question folks but a friend of mine has a performers ticket but it has a girls name on it, he is worried they won't let him in as they will realise the ticket was given to him from someone else. Surely he will be fine?

It's all about the gender fluidity these days kid.

Advertisement