Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l5lr

Otsuka wrote: »
    I found it great at Kaleidoscope
    You can top up with cash and (dare I say it) get them for the kids and give them pocket money for the weekend. I’m always rooting in my bag for purse , card, money so it eliminates that too :)

Raging they aren't doing them this year. We heard great feedback about them at Kaleidoscope, but were told the software isn't developed enough for larger events when we asked about the terminals for EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Is that one way arrows on the paths beside Anachronica? I wonder will it be only enforced late night like last year after the crowd issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Is there anybody out there ;-) with young eyes that can tell me if that is the Made By Music stage where Other Voices used to be, i.e. between Trenchtown and Salty Dog, please?

Is there anyone else that can tell them how to spell boundary?

yeah, its where other voices was, really going to miss other voices.

"boundry" missed that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Is there anybody out there ;-) with young eyes that can tell me if that is the Made By Music stage where Other Voices used to be, i.e. between Trenchtown and Salty Dog, please?

Yes. Made by music stage replaced OV stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Definitely don't have young eyes but have me glasses on!!

It's difficult, but I believe it is or at least very close to where Other Voices was with a path to FreeTown opposite it.

(Same disclaimer applies as per my previous post!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yup that's what it looks like, and another three logo in the main arena possibly for DJs or phone charging.

Map is on the app now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can anyone find the showers on the map? They're listed as being in Hendrix on the EP site but I can't find the icon on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Isn't this what we all suspected and feared anyway? No LBT and main arena expanded through Freetown, gobbling up salty dog.

All this crap about a whole new area is annoying. Basically, they are moving LBT out to what used to be a campsite and giving it a new "inspirational" bullsh1t name that has nothing to do with free.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yeah looks in the same spot to me

• Advertisement

Isn't this what we all suspected and feared anyway? No LBT and main arena expanded through Freetown, gobbling up salty dog.

All this crap about a whole new area is annoying. Basically, they are moving LBT out to what used to be a campsite and giving it a new "inspirational" bullsh1t name that has nothing to do with free.

Could not agree more, exactly as we expected,
    but we did expect the worst.
    and the only 'new' Stage appears to be "spike Island" all other are just replacing existing ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

What is in the area where the LBT normally is?

Alkers wrote: »
    What is in the area where the LBT normally is?

Can't be certain but AIB tap house and Cup Deposit refund place, is what it looks like to me.
    Don't get too excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Might get in trouble for posting this but I’ve secured a crew wristband and I’m selling my weekend ticket if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

The map is much easier to see and navigate on the app. The online images are poor quality.

If the new line negates free flow it’s a real shame. I’m hoping they at least clarify so we know before heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

d_levins wrote: »
    Can't be certain but AIB tap house and Cup Deposit refund place, is what it looks like to me.
    Don't get too excited

I think you're right there...cup deposit.

Just thinking back though...I seem to recall a lot of complaints about noise bleed especially from/to Jerry Fish. They would have cured that I suppose...but there's still a tent less.

I really wish that someone in there would release a gnikcuf version of the map that has some ydoolb decent resolution!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 burgerandchips

Dermwex wrote: »
    Might get in trouble for posting this but I’ve secured a crew wristband and I’m selling my weekend ticket if anyone is interested

messaged you thanks!

Seems to be some new one way paths now. Along the rave and near Hendrix. That will be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Seems to be some new one way paths now. Along the rave and near Hendrix. That will be interesting!

Access to Eco goes against the one way unless they've moved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Seems like no Heineken can chill service this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

dansan7 wrote: »
    The map is much easier to see and navigate on the app. The online images are poor quality.

If the new line negates free flow it’s a real shame. I’m hoping they at least clarify so we know before heading there.

Map is crap for me on Android, just shows pins at stage locations, no legend or anything else shown

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Can anyone find the showers on the map? They're listed as being in Hendrix on the EP site but I can't find the icon on the map.

The app has the map in much more detail, but there's no showers showing at Hendrix where they usually are. Some in Pink Moon, Harvest Moon, etc, but I can't see any shower sign in a public area. Hopefully just missed the icon because there's a lot in that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Map is crap for me on Android, just shows pins at stage locations, no legend or anything else shown

Force close the app and when you open it again it should be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

l5lr wrote: »
    Raging they aren't doing them this year. We heard great feedback about them at Kaleidoscope, but were told the software isn't developed enough for larger events when we asked about the terminals for EP this year.

Surely cash is always the simplest and most secure?

Robberies very very rare at EP and generally confined to the campsites. If you're careful you're not going to lose any and no concerns about being double-charged or overcharged on cards.

If I were to look at my bank statement on a Monday afternoon after EP there's no way after a weekend of drinking that I could account for all the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seems like no Heineken can chill service this year.

Hadn't noticed that. I was only thinking earlier how many 8-packs of Heineken I was going to bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If you're careful you're not going to lose any and no concerns about being double-charged or overcharged on cards.

If I were to look at my bank statement on a Monday afternoon after EP there's no way after a weekend of drinking that I could account for all the charges.

That's why I love Revolut. Instant feedback on what I'm being charged.

Twice this summer at outdoor gigs I've caught out barstaff charging me for more than I've ordered - intentionally or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

hmmm, must sort out beer and whiskey for weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Guys - is there a such thing as a weekend, no camping ticket? I’ve just been offered one & as I have a place booked with Eco-Camping I figure I’ll be ok? Is this right??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Let's wait until we see it next week. There's a fair chance that a new area could be much more impressive than a bog standard tent. Happy to stand corrected if's a poor man's mini-Boomtown which seems to be the look they're going for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Mine was the same. I shut down the app and reopened it, now it's fine.

Advertisement