Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

7 Sleeps

GO FOR MAIN ENGINE START

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Here are the stage times for the 3 Made by Music stage. Fairly short sets all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Guys - is there a such thing as a weekend, no camping ticket? I’ve just been offered one & as I have a place booked with Eco-Camping I figure I’ll be ok? Is this right??

All weekend tickets are camping - regardless of where you’re staying and whatever add-ons you pay for - eco, campervans or boutique etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

maximoose wrote: »
    That's why I love Revolut. Instant feedback on what I'm being charged.

Twice this summer at outdoor gigs I've caught out barstaff charging me for more than I've ordered - intentionally or otherwise.

I've been both over and undercharged by barstaff at EP in the past couple of years. Possibly some kids earning extra cash but I think more likely due to their inability to do mental arithmetic (reliance on calculators). Or maybe I'm naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Guys - is there a such thing as a weekend, no camping ticket? I’ve just been offered one & as I have a place booked with Eco-Camping I figure I’ll be ok? Is this right??

query who/where it's from, check the provenance!

all weekend tickets are camping, some one flogging as that immediately smells...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Here are the stage times for the 3 Made by Music stage. Fairly short sets all around.

It's got a lot of great music at it. Hoping it's a good stage.

As with Jerry Fish it looks like Sunday is the best day. Going to be a bit envious of you lot that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

There used to be some local residents tickets that were free and didn't include camping. That was years back though

nc6000 wrote: »
    Hadn't noticed that. I was only thinking earlier how many 8-packs of Heineken I was going to bring.

Yep, I'll be going brewdog so.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've been both over and undercharged by barstaff at EP in the past couple of years. Possibly some kids earning extra cash but I think more likely due to their inability to do mental arithmetic (reliance on calculators). Or maybe I'm naive.

I remember in 2014 (I think), one of the bars decided to stop charging for beer as long as people threw €2 into a big white bucket.

Can't remember exactly where the bar was but I do remember it was circular. Great times.

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    There used to be some local residents tickets that were free and didn't include camping. That was year's back though

Some residents still get Saturday & Sunday day tickets. Unsure about Friday and I don't think they get weekend tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So are there any stages outside the arena now? The map they put online is really low res so it's hard to read.

Yep, I'll be going brewdog so.

€8 for four tins of Punk IPA at Tesco. That's me sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Yonaka only getting 30 mins :( that’s ****

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Is it confirmed they're not selling cold cans onsite? I enjoyed not having to worry about a carrying a heavy slab of tins and buying them as I need (albeit at a premium).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭blackwhite

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Is it confirmed they're not selling cold cans onsite? I enjoyed not having to worry about a carrying a heavy slab of tins and buying them as I need (albeit at a premium).

Tesco have their usual shop & offie. Don't know if selling any cans chilled or not - but I remember them selling bags of ice at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Fairly short alright?

Saturday
    17.45 – 18.25: Just Mustard

Would have preferred to see them later in the night, still be nice to experience a "new" stage....

€8 for four tins of Punk IPA at Tesco. That's me sorted.

Exactly, I like the dead pony too, lower ABV

Clockwork tang is a treat too. All at 8€

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's still €10 for 8 brewdog tins in Tesco NI if that's useful for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭rubick

maximoose wrote: »
    It's still €10 for 8 brewdog tins in Tesco NI if that's useful for anyone!

Will be hitting the Newtownabbey branch on Wednesday night for the Big Festival Shop. Usually bring two slabs of chape cider and a slab of beer, but with the reduced freeflow this year I might shake it up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

thanks, yeah seems like a bit of a faff, you're presumably going to need a card to top it up in the first place, and most vendors take card already, so seems unnecessary. more corporate brand engagement nonsense.

Reminds me of staying in a hotel in Mallorca where your room key was on a wristband. Tbh I'm awful for losing things when I'm taking them in and out of my bag so might use it and put my card somewhere I won't be touching. Handy for the dozy ones among us

Surely cash is always the simplest and most secure?

Robberies very very rare at EP and generally confined to the campsites. If you're careful you're not going to lose any and no concerns about being double-charged or overcharged on cards.

If I were to look at my bank statement on a Monday afternoon after EP there's no way after a weekend of drinking that I could account for all the charges.

I'm the opposite. Lose cash easily if I'm drunk (I know, my fault for being dozy), and if I've taken out a certain amount for the weekend I get this mentality in my head that 'ah it's out anyway now, may as well spend it'. If I lose my Revolut card I can freeze it straight away (and unfreeze if I find it). Get notifications for every transaction and they tell you how much you've spent that day. I do bring cash but not loads and use my card a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Is the EP map exclusive to the app, and not downloadable to pc, for print off ?

Haven't worked EP but have done volunteering at Heineken bars at Longitude and Punchestown - you're watched like a hawk by managers (basically one there for every 4/5 staff maybe) and the cash buckets are behind you and in front of them - likely to be the latter, it'd be difficult to even pocket 50c!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Kepler21 wrote: »
    The app has the map in much more detail, but there's no showers showing at Hendrix where they usually are. Some in Pink Moon, Harvest Moon, etc, but I can't see any shower sign in a public area. Hopefully just missed the icon because there's a lot in that section.

They've updated the map. Showers still in Hendrix!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Everyday i pinch myself to make sure I'm not in The Truman Show or similar.

*This* is the man the evangelicals have hitched their wagon to...

https://twitter.com/TylerHuckabee/status/1164607230416740352?s=19

melwurdo wrote: »
    Haven't worked EP but have done volunteering at Heineken bars at Longitude and Punchestown - you're watched like a hawk by managers (basically one there for every 4/5 staff maybe) and the cash buckets are behind you and in front of them - likely to be the latter, it'd be difficult to even pocket 50c!

That's what I thought. The youngsters manning the bars at EP always seem very sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭rubick

^ That's last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

SQ2 wrote: »
    A bit more mobile phone friendly image

Eo8TkP.jpg

That's last years

• Advertisement

That's what I thought. The youngsters manning the bars at EP always seem very sound.

I'm clinging onto that. Boring financial services 9-5er during the week, pint serving youngster at the weekend :cool:

Have never done EP bars, just couldn't face being there and not being a punter gallivanting around.

Advertisement