Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

They've updated the map. Showers still in Hendrix!

Relieved to see that. I can be clean; wetwipes only go so far.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Relieved to see that. I can be clean; wetwipes only go so far.:)

Agreed. Best feeling on the sunday morning is walking out of that shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seems there's 2 tents in Freetown, small tent called The Cabaret, anyone have any idea about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Take back the salty dog.... revolution!!

All these new boundaries may throw up some weekness.

The early EP's had a simple single layer fence for the main arena, it ran along somewhere near where LBT and trailer park is/was. Really easy to smuggle booze, 2 ppl either side of the fence, pass through under/over a big bag O'Cans and happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

This is the best high res map I have found so far, that is not part of the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Cant find map on app

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Fatfrog wrote: »

The early EP's had a simple single layer fence for the main arena, it ran along somewhere near where LBT and trailer park is/was. Really easy to smuggle booze, 2 ppl either side of the fence, pass through under/over a big bag O'Cans and happy days!!

We could all just storm the new barrier, they can't stop us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Freetown Terminus lineup announced, but every single act on it has already been announced for the festival :( some of the announcements have been done completely arseways this year.

There are 4 stages in the Freetown area as far as I can see: Terminus, Provedencia, The Cabaret & Spike Island. No idea who will be playing the latter 3 stages.

Terminus lineup: Amelie Lens, DJ Seinfeld, Kettama, Eve, Kneecap, Rebuke, Fjaak, Kolsch, Maceo Plex, Mella Dee

Fatfrog wrote: »

We need to storm the These Charming Men set swinging bags of cans(cheap stuff) and take back the Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Columc wrote: »
    This is the best high res map I have found so far, that is not part of the app

Was "Orange Camp Site" always a thing? Surely it could have been named better than that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Cxloe wrote: »
    We could all just storm the new barrier, they can't stop us all?

Was "Orange Camp Site" always a thing? Surely it could have been named better than that??

That's for the Brexiters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

maximoose wrote: »
    That's why I love Revolut. Instant feedback on what I'm being charged.

Twice this summer at outdoor gigs I've caught out barstaff charging me for more than I've ordered - intentionally or otherwise.

Me too, only with Cash rather than cards. They know we arent going to bother reporting them to the limited gardai at the event for theft, but perhaps people should!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

So you can't drink cans at trenchtown anymore? That can't be right

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

This is bad for anyone like me whos camping in eco (on my own). Everyone else I know is in pink moon. Can't meet up anywhere for cans. Have they replied to anyone on social media about the free flow policy?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    So you can't drink cans at trenchtown anymore? That can't be right

If that's true they may as well just block it off now, waste of an area before would be even worse if that's the case.

haitens wrote: »
    This is bad for anyone like me whos camping in eco (on my own). Everyone else I know is in pink moon. Can't meet up anywhere for cans. Have they replied to anyone on social media about the free flow policy?

Nope, answering everything else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭rubick

Trenchtown and Anachronica are both outside the Main Arena boundary as far as I can make out from the low res map I'm looking at. Waiting on the carrier pigeon to deliver my parchment map because I'm not dicking about with no app at my time of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Where's the fecking announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

rubick wrote: »
    Trenchtown and Anachronica are both outside the Main Arena boundary as far as I can make out from the low res map I'm looking at. Waiting on the carrier pigeon to deliver my parchment map because I'm not dicking about with no app at my time of life.

Trenchtown is inside the main area now unfortunately.

There are 2 stages outside of the main arena, they are Transmission and Anachronica.

They seem to have brought in a new one way system. You can only enter Anachronica from Andy warhol campsite, if you are coming from the new oscar wilde / Eco or charlie champlin, you have to walk around to Janis Joblin and then to Andy warehole(I think this was the case last year on the saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

So the alleged "Big names" we saw already. Why do they do this....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If Trenchtown is not freeflow well they are going to have to up the ante there and start booking proper reggae headliners if they want a decent crowd there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭rubick

Columc wrote: »
    Trenchtown is inside the main area now unfortunately.

There are 2 stages outside of the main arena, they are Transmission and Anachronica.

They seem to have brought in a new one way system. You can only enter Anachronica from Andy warhol campsite, if you are coming from the new oscar wilde / Eco or charlie champlin, you have to walk around to Janis Joblin and then to Andy warehole(I think this was the case last year on the saturday)

Sh*t, so it is. In my squinting I have confused Transmission with Trenchtown.

Lads this is a fierce handlin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

patch wrote: »

:pac: feeling the exact same. All over social media comments are like "OMG Amelie Lens is playing, UNREAL!", did they not cop that she was announced months ago!

I can already see their next major announcement, "Billie Eilish is playing on our main stage!". God I am feeling incredibly negative and I wish I wasn't :(

This time next week I am sure we will all be in flying form tucking into our cans. I just hope the weather forecast is kinder than the announcements have been!

If Trenchtown is not freeflow will they are going to have to up the ante there and start booking proper reggae headliners if they want a decent crowd there.

And if it's in the main arena they'll be less likely to turn a blind eye to the silly cigs there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Named after legendary musician, Jason Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

patch wrote: »

Well they did say that the music had already been revealed but yeah was expecting something more in that. Still nothing for spike island either.

As someone had said here before we're about 20 acts less than last year, lots of people booked for double duty maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

really wondering what the late night boundary line means... i've asked on Twitter, hope to get a reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

Poorside wrote: »
    Seems there's 2 tents in Freetown, small tent called The Cabaret, anyone have any idea about this?

It is a Cabaret & Burlesque tent!

Advertisement