Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

mimimcmc wrote: »
    really wondering what the late night boundary line means... i've asked on Twitter, hope to get a reply

so they fence off main stage, comedy, electric, rankins etc. so that you can't go into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

d_levins wrote: »
    so they fence off main stage, comedy, electric, rankins etc. so that you can't go into them.

This is what I got from the late night boundary.

Still no answer about bringing cans from pink moon to main campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone any clues where Berlin haus is? I enjoyed that last year

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Columc wrote: »
    This is what I got from the late night boundary.

Still no answer about bringing cans from pink moon to main campsite.

the path that goes from the paintball entrance parallel to the Abbeyleix road doesn't cross the arena boundary, so I think that the way from pink moon to Main campsites with cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone any clues where Berlin haus is? I enjoyed that last year

Between hazelwood and salty dog I think

• Advertisement

Between hazelwood and salty dog I think

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

d_levins wrote: »
    the path that goes from the paintball entrance parallel to the Abbeyleix road doesn't cross the arena boundary, so I think that the way from pink moon to Main campsites with cans.

Ah you re right, I see it now. jaysus thats one long ass walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Anyone know how many early entry tickets they sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

Kneecap playing terminus on Saturday at 6.45.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

completely different feel this year to last....

last year the initial announcements were poor enough in my eyes... but with ever subsequent announcement (main, salty dog, jerry fish, other voice) there was something in it to pique my interest. What i viewed first off as very 'poppy' was padded out very well with these announcements, lots of different genres added, leading to a building of excitement in the weeks and days leading up to the festival.
    The salty dog is always our first stop on the way in, a cool hang out spot to drink a few cans and take in some different live acts (jinx lennon in 2017 was one of my best EP memories).

this year has been pretty disappointing so far to say the least. The first main announcement was underwhelming. Many good decent acts which id call MOR and some bands that id be interested in but would have seen before... so nothing new other than EATB which im delighted with.
    Subsequent main announcements have been VERY disappointing... where we got elbow and prodigy we now get gavin james and kodaline. Theres probably a similar number of "poppy" acts this year, but theres a tangible drop off in both number of artists and spread of genre of artists. Put onto that the disappointment that it looks like there is no accessible stage for BYOB early in the day (anachronica doesnt, i dont know about transmission).

all in all still worth the €170 bucks, enough acts id be interested in to probably make that worthwhile ... but the 'festival experience' will be diminished if salty dog area / other voices area / trenchtown area are all 'commercialized' i think it will loose one of the (last few) aspects that gave it a special feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Anyone know how many early entry tickets they sell?

No but I have a feeling it's way more than last year..
    I can see it being pretty busy on the Thursday this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    completely different feel this year to last....

last year the initial announcements were poor enough in my eyes... but with ever subsequent announcement (main, salty dog, jerry fish, other voice) there was something in it to pique my interest. What i viewed first off as very 'poppy' was padded out very well with these announcements, lots of different genres added, leading to a building of excitement in the weeks and days leading up to the festival.
    The salty dog is always our first stop on the way in, a cool hang out spot to drink a few cans and take in some different live acts (jinx lennon in 2017 was one of my best EP memories).

this year has been pretty disappointing so far to say the least. The first main announcement was underwhelming. Many good decent acts which id call MOR and some bands that id be interested in but would have seen before... so nothing new other than EATB which im delighted with.
    Subsequent main announcements have been VERY disappointing... where we got elbow and prodigy we now get gavin james and kodaline. Theres probably a similar number of "poppy" acts this year, but theres a tangible drop off in both number of artists and spread of genre of artists. Put onto that the disappointment that it looks like there is no accessible stage for BYOB early in the day (anachronica doesnt, i dont know about transmission).

all in all still worth the €170 bucks, enough acts id be interested in to probably make that worthwhile ... but the 'festival experience' will be diminished if salty dog area / other voices area / trenchtown area are all 'commercialized' i think it will loose one of the (last few) aspects that gave it a special feel.

Exactly how I feel.

Time for my annual "I think this will be my last EP" statement....

I think this will be my last EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

The building excitement of the last week has been shattered. Woe is me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweetpete

Does anyone know if there are "scouts" on hand to assist erecting tents in the family campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Incredible amount of whinging in this thread. If having to drink a pint at a gig instead of a can ruins your excitement you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Incredible amount of whinging in this thread. If having to drink a pint at a gig instead of a can ruins your excitement you're doing it wrong.

Very much depends on your budget. The cans at the SD has become something of a tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Guess that confirms it then

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

There may be lots of scope for burying cans in the woods the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Spreece wrote: »
    Very much depends on your budget. The cans at the SD has become something of a tradition.

Don't get me wrong, I'd very much prefer if it stayed as it was. I just think the reaction has been stronger than warranted. It's not ideal but not a massive deal (for me anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Sweetpete wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are "scouts" on hand to assist erecting tents in the family campsite?

I know there are helper Guides down, so I’d assume Scouts too. No idea if they’re local to family camping.

Edit: https://m.facebook.com/scoutingirelandmemes/posts/2559271877492456?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Well balls to that, there's going to be some amount of drinking done in the campsites and early acts will have half the crowds they would normally get.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

theres not an incredible amount of whinging on this thread... its actually quite reserved compared to previous threads.

and if you think the difference is between drinking a pint than a can, then you really havent a clue about whats being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Wonder does that include Thursday night? Was planning on bringing a box of cans with me to the Salty Dog & Hazel Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If you think the watery p1ss that is sold through Heineken's bars taste better than Heineken from a can, then you probably have an issue with your tastebuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

At least now it won't take up to 30 mins to get from Salty Dog to the main arena stages. I have skipped acts before on the stages outside the arena because of the hassle getting in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweetpete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If this is true, ATN will be laughing their hole off, no matter what bad press they got for car journeys it won't be half as bad as EP trying to suck every Penney they can from people, and keeping it quiet as long as possible.

Poorside wrote: »
    If this is true, ATN will be laughing their hole off, no matter what bad press they got for car journeys it won't be half as bad as EP trying to suck every Penney they can from people, and keeping it quiet as long as possible.

Totally agree plus with ATNs free flow policy can see more people changing over next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Poorside wrote: »

This is true, and the superior experience that free flow offers won’t be lost on punters, even where they’re not fussed on cans - the tedium of security gates every time you want to grab something from your tent got old a long time ago.

Advertisement