Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The late night boundary has always been there. It isn't new. They have always put a fence across there and you can only exit and not re-enter.

Jesus i must have been drinking today. Of course there has.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

melwurdo wrote: »
    I know this isn't @ me but given 5 days of the week I'm in slacks and blouses you best believe I'm going ham at EP and wearing a load of mad ****. Now at least tell us you're bringing a good deodorant!! :D

I'll add deodorant to my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Akin to ATN - who's going to set up the whatsapp group so we can discuss traffic, bees, beer, boobs & buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wouldn't really be one to be planning outfits, but I saw this a knew I had to get it for the weekend. Well actually it was bought for ATN but it didn't arrive on time so it'll be used for this weekend.

https://www.hairybaby.com/stuck-in-the-middle-tshirt?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-search1

Cxloe wrote: »
    Not once have I gone down and not had three outfits ready to go, and not once have I worn all 3, I never learn

Layers and boots for this year!

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    This time next week we'll all be having cans by the Salty Dog, smuggled there or not. We'll have loads of great music, chats & craic ahead of us and all negativity will be forgotten.

Enjoy this weekend and get prepared for the best weekend of the year in seven days time. It'll be a blast.

That's the spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

This time next week we'll all be having cans by the Salty Dog, smuggled there or not. We'll have loads of great music, chats & craic ahead of us and all negativity will be forgotten.

Enjoy this weekend and get prepared for the best weekend of the year in seven days time. It'll be a blast.

Bang on. Was a bit bummed when I saw the map but I'm finished for the weekend, having a beer, and the sun is shining. Roll on next weekend it's gonna be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Just got my tickets in the post and they are 'guest tickets. Has anyone camped in the guest/performers campsite before? Is it better than Eco Campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

There is at least a bar by the Made for Music stage and the Salty Dog then.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    There is at least a bar by the Made for Music stage and the Salty Dog then.

That path will be well worn by me

• Advertisement

Mucker46 wrote: »
    That path will be well worn by me

Yeah, even before the Salty Dog times are out, I could spend from 3.30 to 10 bells at the Made for Music stage on the Saturday. Sports team and Serpentwithfeet on the Friday evening too. Easy to move between those 2 stages and Trailer Park. That'll be a nice little loop for the weekend. Once 15,000 others don't decide the same. Keep it to yourself, Mucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Exactly how I feel.

Time for my annual "I think this will be my last EP" statement....

I think this will be my last EP!

Put my money where my mouth is - last year was my last EP!! Not going this year. Some good acts in there but have seen before or can be seen elsewhere. Main acts really meh.

Losing the Salty Dog and the idea you can only bring booze in after the bars have closed, there'll be a crazy amount of unnecessary footfall with that.

Anyway, I shall look forward to reading all posts from a distance (and no doubt with a terrible attack of FOMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bang on. Was a bit bummed when I saw the map but I'm finished for the weekend, having a beer, and the sun is shining. Roll on next weekend it's gonna be great.

I also think the security may be told to be a bit more flexible on people sneaking cans in owing to the extension of the main arena. Let's put it to the test on Friday.

With less than 7 days till i am back in stradbally i am going full positive mode (unless Jerry announces Picture This as special guest).

Beer in a field for 3 days
    So much music to enjoy
    Things to discover
    And a Boardsie meet up

Bring on the fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Aha I've tried to make the best, but it's a poor line up + that change of boundary has pissed me off, it may not impact as much as I'm thinking but it's more the principal! Has some Heineken cun1 sat down a made a % calc. Complete opposite direction to our dreams of freeflow on here in the off peak.
    New layout really is forcing you to either drink in the camp site or head into the arena.

On top of all this the legal bar opening hours really **** things up (and have always done, not EP's issue) everything is geared around forcing you to buy from the bars then they close just when you want them! Walking miles then to get x2 cans!

Grumpy post out of the way....!

Jaysus lads it’s the start of a sunny weekend not a rainy Monday morning. We’re putting the whingeing Poms to shame.

A bit of sunshine next weekend and there’s nowhere on the planet I’d rather be than Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Someone who's playing spike island was telling me bringing your own cans wasn't an issue (according to the organiser of that stage). He didn't know if that was just artists, but he got the impression it was for everyone, ala salty dog every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I guess the free flow restriction isn't the best but on the bright side the lineup looks decent to me this year and it's going to be handy to move easily between the salty dog and body and soul stages plus hopefully less sound bleed for Jerry Fish now there's more space there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Free flow restrictions are bad news for my wife, as I'll just drink more (smuggled) whiskey, and be a bigger disgrace than usual.

On a more general point EP has always delivered in terms of acts. Even when I’ve been underwhelmed by the lineup, as I am this year, I’ve seen loads of great new acts and watched impressive sets by artists I’d previously underrated.

They’ve also tapped into young acts from abroad and booked them for their first Irish festival. And of course brought Irish acts through. The Fontaine’s DC, David Keenan, The Murder Capital and many others owe a debt to EP as I’m sure they’d gracefully acknowledge. Irish acts have always been prominent there and hopefully there’ll be some special newbies next week.

And ATN seems like a good festival despite the hiccups. I’d give it a try alongside EP if I was certain the problems were resolved. Their lineup was very good but realistically it was a who’s who of past second-tier Picnic acts. Little originality but hopefully ATN will be more inventive next year. And EP less mainstream in the higher tiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

In the pub and James are on, such a pity they're not playing.
    So Preeetttyyyyy

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get a couple of acts next week. Nothing major but just a little to divert some attention from ATN's early birds.

We're missing a Sunday afternoon reggae act. Ditched this year or Toots on the way yet again?

And haven't some posters mentioned acts not announced but appearing on schedules?

I also mentioned these guys a couple of months ago. London African Gospel Choir doing the whole of Graceland. In the country all next week finishing on Friday and playing prominent venues including Cork Opera House and the National Concert Hall. Pretty ideal for the main stage on Sat or Sun afternoon. Here's hoping anyway.

Hopefully Johnny's in a tent. For the noise. Always great to hear the Smiths stuff (less so Electronica and his solo material) but seen him do it so many times that this is the cover I most want to hear him blast out. DM probably never playing EP so this'll do instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get a couple of acts next week. Nothing major but just a little to divert some attention from ATN's early birds.

We're missing a Sunday afternoon reggae act. Ditched this year or Toots on the way yet again?

And haven't some posters mentioned acts not announced but appearing on schedules?

I also mentioned these guys a couple of months ago. London African Gospel Choir doing the whole of Graceland. In the country all next week finishing on Friday and playing prominent venues including Cork Opera House and the National Concert Hall. Pretty ideal for the main stage on Sat or Sun afternoon. Here's hoping anyway.

Is Natty Wailer not playing, maybe he could do this slot.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Oh, that would be amazing.

And, I see Lagunitas have a bar there, so I've taken one for the team and tried 2 pints of it, thats where you'll find me.

Is Natty Wailer not playing, maybe he could do this slot.

Doh! You're right. I'd not registered him playing. Should be fab. And there goes at least part of my theory about new acts.

Poorside wrote: »
    Oh, that would be amazing.

And, I see Lagunitas have a bar there, so I've taken one for the team and tried 2 pints of it, thats where you'll find me.

One of my fave beers. Heineken took half the company a few years ago and I've alway wondered why they weren't flogging it at EP alongside their usual slop. You've made me very happy with that news.

One of my fave beers. Heineken took half the company a few years ago and I've alway wondered why they weren't flogging it at EP alongside their usual slop. You've made me very happy with that news.

I'll be wearing the best Beatles T shirt in the world, the 4 portraits on the white album, on the Saturday, we'll have a pint.

Nice one. We're sorting out our tshirts. We're over the hump.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nice one. We're sorting out our tshirts. We're over the hump.

I have 3 Beatles t shirts for the weekend, the white album onre, an abbey road one and one that looks like I'm just a huge fan of blackbirds.

Advertisement