Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I only hope the weather allows us all to display our impressive array of band tshirts. It's practically the only occasion on which it's socially acceptable for middle aged men to sport them. According to my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Do people think the Arena “can ban”, will be in place for Thursday night, surely not ?

Theres some music & comedy happening Thursday night, but its on within arena boundary in Hazelwood & Salty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I only hope the weather allows us all to display our impressive array of band tshirts. It's practically the only occasion on which it's socially acceptable for middle aged men to sport them. According to my wife.

I'm more of a Bowie fan, and had an absolute class one but had to burn it when the pits were hard even after washing, now every cûnt has a Bowie t shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Do people think the Arena “can ban”, will be in place for Thursday night, surely not ?

Theres some music & comedy happening Thursday night, but its on within arena boundary in Hazelwood & Salty Dog.

fafy wrote: »

If it is, I'll kick every teenager around the place.

• Advertisement

Waterboys on in the pub now, jaysus they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Waterboys on in the pub now, jaysus they're great.

And nearly a decade since they played EP. Welcome back anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m going to spend the entire wkend wasting it going...this time next week I’ll be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've a bunch of t shirts myself, some old EP and some ATN shirts as well as Toots & the Maytals, Gong, Floyd and Aphex Twin ones. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And nearly a decade since they played EP. Welcome back anytime.
    Did they play that Galway festival this year.

• Advertisement

I've a bunch of t shirts myself, some old EP and some ATN shirts as well as Toots & the Maytals, Gong, Floyd and Aphex Twin ones. :)

You seem to be a lad that goes to gigs around Galway, were you at a punk gig in a warehouse 2 weeks ago by any chance?

Fever Pitch, yeah. But rained off after twenty minutes. Swirling winds made the stage too hazardous for electrics. Great set up until then. And excellent at Leisureland last December.

When I was 17 I saw Mick and Ash play a trad session on a Wednesday in O Cuiinegans? On shop street.

Fever Pitch, yeah. But rained off after twenty minutes. Swirling winds made the stage too hazardous for electrics. Great set up until then. And excellent at Leisureland last December.

Nah, literally a punk fest in some warehouse, my young fellas band played and he's organised limericks first ever punk fest for tomorrow.

Very proud daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The Wha playing twice at EP and just announced as support for two door cinema club in belfast and dublin. Their stock is rising since appearing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Nah, literally a punk fest in some warehouse, my young fellas band played and he's organised limericks first ever punk fest for tomorrow.

Very proud daddy.

That’s deadly!

When I was 17 I saw Mick and Ash play a trad session on a Wednesday in O Cuiinegans? On shop street.

The band used to do jam sessions in The Quays pub a couple of times a week when they lived and recorded in Spiddal in the later 80s to early 90s. A big presence in the town whenever I visited at that time.

Very proud daddy.

Any idea of the name of the place? I didn't spot that being on.

And kudos to your kid.

Rfrip wrote: »
    That’s deadly!

Lad, I'm so happy about it it's unreal, myself and the missus spent about 3 hours picking albums for him when he was 12, stone roses and Smith's were first 2 in the basket, SLF was a discussion I won and now pays dividends.

Lad, I'm so happy about it it's unreal, myself and the missus spent about 3 hours picking albums for him when he was 12, stone roses and Smith's were first 2 in the basket, SLF was a discussion I won and now pays dividends.

My toddler already brainwashed with Suspect Device. Seems to be working.

And you sure this punk warehouse gig was Galway city? I keep an eye on gigs and it hasn't registered. What's his band called?

• Advertisement

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The Wha playing twice at EP and just announced as support for two door cinema club in belfast and dublin. Their stock is rising since appearing here.

Touts also doing two sets - Salty Dog & Rankins Woods. This doubling up may account for fewer acts if no more announced.

Now they are actually taking the piss out of me in the bar Tame Impala Elephant is on,.
    So happy I left Florence to see them last time,Let it Happen was just sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

The 1975 on now from Redding on BBC iPlayer, Jesus they are crap.
    Not a great fan of Charlie XCX style music but she was at least entertaing earlier.

My toddler already brainwashed with Suspect Device. Seems to be working.

And you sure this punk warehouse gig was Galway city? I keep an eye on gigs and it hasn't registered. What's his band called?

Lad, suspect device is the greatest punk song ever.
    Could have been a little bit outside, held about 60 people and was a sweat
    box.
    Called The Turn, very heavy punk, headlining in Fibbers next Friday.

Lad, suspect device is the greatest punk song ever.
    Could have been a little bit outside, held about 60 people and was a sweat
    box.
    Called The Turn, very heavy punk, headlining in Fibbers next Friday.

From the greatest punk album. Better punk bands probably but none made a better album than Inflammible Material.

Wish them luck. If playing Galway again I'll check them out. And who said guitar bands were dead? Never gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ignacius

I was a bit pissed of with them changing salty dog and LBT to can free zones. I think that having a few cans at the salty dog on a Sunday afternoon or at the last gig belting out pogues songs made it a success.
    But getting rid of the Heineken cold rooms is too far. I liked having ice cold cans at mid day and getting ready to start the day. I can’t handle warm cans anymore. I will always spend the same in their bars and like the lads said before I’m sure I’ve been robbed before the days of revolut.
    I also don’t trust tesco to have unlimited ice. All the talk last year of contactless payments and I remember feeling like John snow at the battle of the bastards at the atm.
    Still buzzing for it but this will be my last ep for a long while until they get their **** together and I’ve been to the last 3 and started going in 2009.
    Only way they could make it better would be to announce alabama shakes😂
    Got a great Pink Floyd dark side of the moon tshirt I will try to fit into!

You seem to be a lad that goes to gigs around Galway, were you at a punk gig in a warehouse 2 weeks ago by any chance?

Haven't done that many gigs in Galway, usually jump on the Citylink to Dublin for the occasional gig, more about festivals these days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Florence has on her website that they're playing on Sunday and Christine & The Queens have on their website that they play Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Peterd66 wrote: »
    The 1975 on now from Redding on BBC iPlayer, Jesus they are crap.

they are cat.

• Advertisement

From the greatest punk album. Better punk bands probably but none made a better album than Inflammible Material.

Wish them luck. If playing Galway again I'll check them out. And who said guitar bands were dead? Never gonna happen.

I'll never forget the first time I heard that album, the only things that compared for me as a 16 year old were The Stone Roses and then Ten.
    Haven't seen SLf, but seen the other 2, my kid has seen SlF and if I could I'd be in Belfast toady SLF and New Model Army are amongst my top 5 bands ever, feck this grown up shïte

Advertisement