Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Peterd66 wrote: »
    The 1975 on now from Redding on BBC iPlayer, Jesus they are crap.
    Not a great fan of Charlie XCX style music but she was at least entertaing earlier.

I've tried. I've really tried. But they are not good. I am a bit obsessed with Mitski at the mo so whoever recommended her, cheers!

Also I will either be wearing kiss, iron maiden, guns n roses or Otto from the simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

One more for Stillill42. Yet another Irish punk band on the Picnic bill but unsure which stage. The NME did an article on the Irish punk scene in December, focused on four new bands - Fontaines, Just Mustard, Murder Capital and these guys. Worth checking I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

they are cat.

Holy fuc.kballs!! What sh1te!! + if I was the drummer I'd be saying "get da fcuk down off my fcukin base drum you ****!

;)

Ignacius wrote: »
    I was a bit pissed of with them changing salty dog and LBT to can free zones. I think that having a few cans at the salty dog on a Sunday afternoon or at the last gig belting out pogues songs made it a success.
    But getting rid of the Heineken cold rooms is too far. I liked having ice cold cans at mid day and getting ready to start the day. I can’t handle warm cans anymore. I will always spend the same in their bars and like the lads said before I’m sure I’ve been robbed before the days of revolut.
    I also don’t trust tesco to have unlimited ice. All the talk last year of contactless payments and I remember feeling like John snow at the battle of the bastards at the atm.
    Still buzzing for it but this will be my last ep for a long while until they get their **** together and I’ve been to the last 3 and started going in 2009.
    Only way they could make it better would be to announce alabama shakes��
    Got a great Pink Floyd dark side of the moon tshirt I will try to fit into!

Their lead singer Brittany Howard is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    One more for Stillill42. Yet another Irish punk band on the Picnic bill but unsure which stage. The NME did an article on the Irish punk scene in December, focused on four new bands - Fontaines, Just Mustard, Murder Capital and these guys. Worth checking I reckon.

Irish Punk scene is huge at the minute, wouldn't even put the Fontaine's in there right now as the punk scene is a lot heavier, Audible Joe's are bloody brilliant and after that we have Powpig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One of my favourite punk memories was in 1983 at Nightmoves in Glasgow, The Birthday Party's debut gig in Scotland and Nick Cave's first group, a mental audience. Birthday Party should give their dues to John Peel, it was how me and my mate learned about them through listening to his radio show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birthday_Party_(band)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Holy fuc.kballs!! What sh1te!! + if I was the drummer I'd be saying "get da fcuk down off my fcukin base drum you ****!

;)

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

1975 must be worst headliner ever for EP, from LCD, Portishead, Prodigy to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ignacius

Their lead singer Brittany Howard is playing.
    I am incredibly happy about this.
    I did not see her🀣
    I was checking Alabama’s schedule seeing if they were coming to Europe on multiple occasions in the last year. Willing to fly.
    This has cheered me up no end🀩
    Thanks Seathrun66

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Good to see Charlie XCX singing live:confused::pac:

• Advertisement

Peterd66 wrote: »
    1975 must be worst headliner ever for EP, from LCD, Portishead, Prodigy to this!

Ha ha. Easily. Struggling to think of any act coming close in the fifteen years of EP.

Ignacius wrote: »
    I am incredibly happy about this.
    I did not see her��
    I was checking Alabama’s schedule seeing if they were coming to Europe on multiple occasions in the last year. Willing to fly.
    This has cheered me up no end��
    Thanks Seathrun66

No trouble. Hope you enjoy it. She's not doing the Shakes material as far as I'm aware as she has a solo album out in Sept. Should be a decent gig nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah apparently coming from Greenland I heard.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yeah apparently coming Greenland I heard.

Shouldn't they be directing that towards Trump rather than us?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Going to see Jerry Fish, The Frank & Walters, and The Stunning tomorrow. Training for the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Don't be worrying. This is what MT Cranium has to say:

'The further outlook is rather uncertain but looks fairly promising now with the cooler trend rather on latest guidance, possibly back to mostly sunny skies by Friday 30th and the weekend of 31st August into 1st of September, and highs in the low 20s.'

joinme wrote: »

'The further outlook is rather uncertain but looks fairly promising now with the cooler trend rather on latest guidance, possibly back to mostly sunny skies by Friday 30th and the weekend of 31st August into 1st of September, and highs in the low 20s.'

I'll take that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

joinme wrote: »

MT every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yes indeed, Seathrun. They sound good. List operating on a one in, one out basis. Next week will be merciless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Poorside wrote: »
    I'll be wearing the best Beatles T shirt in the world, the 4 portraits on the white album, on the Saturday, we'll have a pint.

probably my favourite album ever
    and definitely my "if you only had one album on a desert island" choice!

Good to see Charlie XCX singing live:confused::pa

ive loads of time for charli,
    she's never claimed to be a good singer,
    openly admits to using autotune live,
    but she's a cool grounded girl and a prolific hit-writer (google it)
    and for me that's far more impressive than
    a good singer who doesn't write their any of their own stuff,
    only like a handful of her songs but "you cant knock the hustle!"

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

zuluchio wrote: »
    At least now it won't take up to 30 mins to get from Salty Dog to the main arena stages. I have skipped acts before on the stages outside the arena because of the hassle getting in and out.

The salty dog will die a death. Folk go there for their few beers going to the main arena. Many will bypass it now. For me its an integral part of the festival. This has disaster all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Friend played me suspect device when i was about16 and it blew me away. He then played alternative ulster and have been a fan since. Two massive songs that probably didnt get the recognition they deserved.

declanleo wrote: »
    The salty dog will die a death. Folk go there for their few beers going to the main arena. Many will bypass it now. For me its an integral part of the festival. This has disaster all over it

yeah, have to agree,
    id say SD will see a lot less punters this year,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just checking the long term forecast there - There's a low in the high forties
    Saturday's locked away on the pier, not fast enough, dear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Just checking the long term forecast there - There's a low in the high forties
    Saturday's locked away on the pier, not fast enough, dear

Long term forecasts are not worth a **** this far out. Wait till Thursday for anything semi accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Too late for a late Mini Mansions announcement?

Didn't even realize they were back touring again tbh, but doing Leeds & Rock en Seine before nothingness...

Modern psychedelic pop done very well; a super group with the QOTS bassist on vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The trend on weather isn’t going the right way!

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1165159574158086145?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

If anyone has a BYEco ID they are not using I would be mighty appreciative of it. PM me away. Never registered this year but have come across last minute tickets.

Advertisement