Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

probably my favourite album ever
    and definitely my "if you only had one album on a desert island" choice!

Up there for me too. Definitely now my fave Beatles album after two decades of it being Revolver and Sgt Pepper in my teens & twenties. Will it be Abbey Road in my seventies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

declanleo wrote: »
    The salty dog will die a death. Folk go there for their few beers going to the main arena. Many will bypass it now. For me its an integral part of the festival. This has disaster all over it

I don't see that at all. Still a cool spot with great music. Bar there now too. I get the whole can thing but I'm not the only one who battles out there regularly from the main arena without a can to my name because they have great stuff on and I love the site. It'll be different but it'll still thrive.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I don't see that at all. Still a cool spot with great music. Bar there now too. I get the whole can thing but I'm not the only one who battles out there regularly from the main arena without a can to my name because I they have great stuff on and I love the site. It'll be different but it'll still thrive.

It may actually get more people. I've skipped gigs at the SD and OVs due to the hassle with the security gates. Now it's a quick hop from the main arena. And as before I think the change was more due to health & safety than greed. The checkpoint was chaotic at times last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Pink Moon Email received, so i have Early Entry, so car park opening from 3.30, and directed to Green Car Park

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

If anyone has a BYEco ID they are not using I would be mighty appreciative of it. PM me away. Never registered this year but have come across last minute tickets.

Pm your email address to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Long term forecasts are not worth a **** this far out. Wait till Thursday for anything semi accurate.

Especially when they're blur lyrics!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Never heard of shura before yesterday and now I’m obsessed with her!! Thanks ferris!
    She will possibly fill the Robyn void next weekend...after a feed of cans il prob think it’s her anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Jaysus lads I never checked on here last night and now all this talk of tee shirts and punk! Yis have really lit my mojo again.

T Shirts - I'll have me white Clash shirt (not tee shirt), Smiths There is a light, Glasto tee, Yellow Clash and some shape of Ramones maybe. And a hat! always a hat:-) so it should ve easy to avoid me :-)

Saw lots of different incarnations of SLF over the years- love em to bits. Current drummer Steve Grantley possibly the best they've had. Heard breakout from IM back in school and was like what the f is that?

Thanks for the shout on Silverbacks. Hope to see yis for a non canned or canned drink on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'll have a black Whipping Boy T-Shirt, a red Smith's T-Shirt, a khaki Bloc Party T-Shirt, a black Doors T-Shirt, and a few more besides.

You know we're getting close when T-shirts are being discussed..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I'll have a black Whipping Boy T-Shirt, a red Smith's T-Shirt, a khaki Bloc Party T-Shirt, a black Doors T-Shirt, and a few more besides.

You know we're getting close when T-shirts are being discussed..

Now you see, you can't buy that. No CV in the world will give you a better impression of someone than someone wearing a Whipping Boy tee shirt.

The job is yours my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Especially when they're blur lyrics!

I need to stop replying to things when I am plastered.

Pier, the post mentioned a ****ing pier ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

In the words of the streets lads , stay positive

https://youtu.be/kk5Df_lDD38

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kelly-Anne Byrne also playing the Today FM stage on Sunday if some of you don't make it to her B&S closer on Saturday. :)

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1164924404595343368

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I need to stop replying to things when I am plastered.

Pier, the post mentioned a ducking pier ffs.

To be fair, it sounded like lyrics from Blur...

"Long term forecasts are not worth a **** this far out. Wait till Thursday for anything semi accurate.

PARKLIFE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »

I'm holding out for Blue or Velvet Morning myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

6 sleeps

REMOVE ET/SRB RANGE SAFETY INHIBITS

My head is very hurty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm roaming Naas in a Smith's tshirt this morning. Acclimatisation.

Feels good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kelly-Anne Byrne also playing the Today FM stage on Sunday if some of you don't make it to her B&S closer on Saturday. :)

The dude at 15seconds...when the beat hits you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Which car parks are open for the early entry on Thurs does anyone know?

• Advertisement

On site tomorrow and can't find any green FcuuuuuuuuuuuuuK!

On site tomorrow and can't find any green FcuuuuuuuuuuuuuK!

You can't find any in Galway?!

endainoz wrote: »
    You can't find any in Galway?!

Not at the moment anyways, will probably get some down there but prefer to have some beforehand. :)

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Going to see Jerry Fish, The Frank & Walters, and The Stunning tomorrow. Training for the real thing.

With a spot of matchmaking between sets? Good luck on both fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Not at the moment anyways, will probably get some down there but prefer to have some beforehand. :)

A drought this time of the year. Not ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Can someone give me an opinion on the Pink Moon camping please?

I have a two man tent booked, but I've never camped at the Pink Moon before- I bought the ticket off a guy I know, he gave me the login credentials but I can't change the name- is this important? Would they check ID or whatever? He also sent me the confirmation email so I had the booking number too.

Anyway...is it worth the €330 overall?

Is the tent totally empty, or is there a bed provided? Also, there was a mention of phone charging...is this wired to the tent, or is it in a stall where I'd have to wait for a free socket?

I presume the wait for the showers would be as bad as the regular camping area.

I won't even make the Friday night now so I will probably sell it for cost price if I get an offer.

Sorry for the noob questions

Can someone give me an opinion on the Pink Moon camping please?

I have a two man tent booked, but I've never camped at the Pink Moon before- I bought the ticket off a guy I know, he gave me the login credentials but I can't change the name- is this important? Would they check ID or whatever? He also sent me the confirmation email so I had the booking number too.

Anyway...is it worth the €330 overall?

Is the tent totally empty, or is there a bed provided? Also, there was a mention of phone charging...is this wired to the tent, or is it in a stall where I'd have to wait for a free socket?

I presume the wait for the showers would be as bad as the regular camping area.

I won't even make the Friday night now so I will probably sell it for cost price if I get an offer.

Sorry for the noob questions

That has to one of the best boards names I've seen. :D

Hot Press magazine confirmations:

Friday - Hozier
    Saturday - Strokes, Sam Fender, Billie Eilish, Duff McKagan
    Sunday - Florence, The 1975

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I might rent it off you friday night if you want...yea facilities are fine and you rent a materess off them. Showers are cheating just bring plenty of baby wipes...it's a world away from the normal camping.

• Advertisement

Advertisement