Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeez apart from a few the main stage looks pretty horrific.

I assume the Three made by music stage is similar in size or is the other voices?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

fafy wrote: »
    thebusher wrote: »
    Festable

Is this available for apple ? Not seeing Festable in app store ?

Only on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Someone posted this on FB, this is apparently the tent in Freetown. It's huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Some thoughts:

Main Stage very poor all weekend, only five acts I'd want to see. Including a very prominent slot for David Keenan. Which clashes with much of TCM.

Music in main arena atarting very late on Friday. Why not 4pm instead of 6pm?

Great slots for Touts and Inhaler in Rankins Wood. Both with albums coming out soonish. Latter will be enormous given the deals they've signed.

Nice afternoon slot for Jessica Pratt at B&S. Though keeping the crowd quiet may be difficult.

Overall very happy with lack of clashes thus far. The Bunnymen running into The Strokes is as good as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Based on his tour dates I guess Four Tet is playing the EA on the Saturday, would make for a nice alternative to The 1975.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Looks like we need to register to receive a loyalty discount for next year!

https://a.pgtb.me/6w72pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah the Salty Dog and Trailer Park stage times are out too but weren't included in the announcement earlier on, the clashfinder is up to date. Some gaps on both the trailer park and salty dog stages though, not sure if it is a mistake on the app where they might have left an act out or what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Weather is a wash out for Friday now .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Loyalty Scheme no longer automatic by the looks of things - you have to register

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/1165897308921311233?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

tenor.gif?itemid=4570350v

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Where you seeing this? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

489114.jpg
    From Met Eireann
    Heavy rain all afternoon and evening will soak the place, bringing the wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

optogirl wrote: »
    Loyalty Scheme no longer automatic by the looks of things - you have to register

And it looks like they are splitting the loyalty into two. If have purchased online, you can register online; if you have bought at a kiosk, then you have to turn up in person at a kiosk with your proof of previous Picnics and buy in person.

That worked out badly for me this year, where I was 10 minutes away from buying my loyalty tickets when they sold out. I only have one purchase online, but 6 in person. really don't want to go through the hassle of this year and the huge extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I'm not a praying woman, but Superman if you're out there please let Johnny Marr be on Saturday

He’s down as Sunday according to his website
    https://johnnymarr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Eco spot I'm not using if anyone wants it PM your email

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Has anyone heard an update on the off licence situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

38wgsg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Mostly fine but some clashes already.

Harvest on Trailer Park on at the same time as Roadhouse Doors and TCM. What's that about?
    Gerry Cinnamon overlapping with Maverick Sabre, I was really looking forward to both

Brittany Howard into Echo and the Bunnymen into the Strokes into Lamb on Saturday sounds like a good plan. Leaves 15 minutes for The 1975, which may be all I need or can take.
    Florence clashing with Michael Kiwanuka I am really unhappy about.
    An Emotional Fish and Kodaline/Mo, I'll probably have to see how I feel on the day which I go to.
    Kneecap clashing with Richard Ashcroft, probably go with Richard.

Getting excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Given that rain forecast, might need to rethink the meet up t shirts !!!!

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    He’s down as Sunday according to his website
    https://johnnymarr.com/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Haven't we always had to register? And doing this we'll in advance of the ticket sales is surely much better than the last-minute chaos of registration and sales in the past two years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Haven't we always had to register? And doing this we'll in advance of the ticket sales is surely much better than the last-minute chaos of registration and sales in the past two years?

no, they're sent out automatically if the purchases are on your ticketmaster account and you're signed up to the marketing email list.
    I think a lot of people aren't signed up to the marketing list (or whatever list it is), so don't get them sent automatically and have to email TM themselves for a code.

I'd agree that this definitely seems better, as long as it actually works!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

He’s actually just tweeted, 6pm Sunday in electric arena

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    He’s actually just tweeted, 6pm Sunday in electric arena

:( I am so disappointed. Ach well, at least he plays Dublin regularly enough

:( I am so disappointed. Ach well, at least he plays Dublin regularly enough

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

Ive a few questions around the family campsite that dont seem to be covered here https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/family-info#info-section-37150

We have family camping tickets and know we have to register the child in advance. I have gone to EP a few times but never camped in the family section so I haven't a clue about it.

Myself and the wife will be arriving separately do you need a kid in the car to gain access to the family car park?

I will be arriving first with my child, I presume when my wife arrives I just bring my child to the entrance and my wife will be let into the family camp site then?

Once in the family campsite do you need a child with you every time you want to return back into the family campsite from the arena. Or once you enter the first time are you good to go for the rest of the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

When’s Charli XCX On ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Some thoughts:

Main Stage very poor all weekend, only five acts I'd want to see. Including a very prominent slot for David Keenan. Which clashes with much of TCM.

Music in main arena atarting very late on Friday. Why not 4pm instead of 6pm?

Great slots for Touts and Inhaler in Rankins Wood. Both with albums coming out soonish. Latter will be enormous given the deals they've signed.

Nice afternoon slot for Jessica Pratt at B&S. Though keeping the crowd quiet may be difficult.

Overall very happy with lack of clashes thus far. The Bunnymen running into The Strokes is as good as it gets.

This bothers me with festivals in general - All Together Now was the same this year. Surely starting music early (even some cover/tribute acts?) gets people in to the arena early to spend money on food/pints, which is surely what the promoters want?

And, also, if you're letting people in on a Thursday night, it's a long time before it all picks up and gets going really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Mostly fine but some clashes already.

Harvest on Trailer Park on at the same time as Roadhouse Doors and TCM. What's that about?
    Gerry Cinnamon overlapping with Maverick Sabre, I was really looking forward to both

Brittany Howard into Echo and the Bunnymen into the Strokes into Lamb on Saturday sounds like a good plan. Leaves 15 minutes for The 1975, which may be all I need or can take.
    Florence clashing with Michael Kiwanuka I am really unhappy about.
    An Emotional Fish and Kodaline/Mo, I'll probably have to see how I feel on the day which I go to.
    Kneecap clashing with Richard Ashcroft, probably go with Richard.

Getting excited now.

FATM will be full of selfie taking insta people talking during the quieter songs and singing badly during the popular dancy ones.

Michael Kiwanuka is likely to be full of people who want to hear Michael Kiwanuka.

Does this make your choice any easier?

Advertisement