Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Seriously no focus in work.........Full quality control took place yesterday even tested the camping chair with a can of beer!! Tent aired out and bags packed!!!! Weather Friday seems a lil dodgey but hey its Ireland, as long as the tent goes up in a relatively dry spell should be ok!

What time are people planning on hitting stradbally? Hoping to be there for 12, camping @ the ECO site, 3rd year there and love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

FATM will be full of selfie taking insta people talking during the quieter songs and singing badly during the popular dancy ones.

Michael Kiwanuka is likely to be full of people who want to hear Michael Kiwanuka.

Does this make your choice any easier?

Agreed, have seen Florence live before and she’s not bad, but even if I hadn’t seen her before, its a total no brainer to see Michael.

Kind of allergic to the main stage for the very reasons you say, just crammed with event junkies who won’t shut TF up. I may make an exception for the Strokes, but will hang at the back, to be well positioned for moving to next pitstop

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

The streets don't seem to be listed on the main stage? Electric arena or freetown perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seriously no focus in work.........Full quality control took place yesterday even tested the camping chair with a can of beer!! Tent aired out and bags packed!!!! Weather Friday seems a lil dodgey but hey its Ireland, as long as the tent goes up in a relatively dry spell should be ok!

What time are people planning on hitting stradbally? Hoping to be there for 12, camping @ the ECO site, 3rd year there and love it!

This is the 1st year in a long time I'm driving down myself and don't have to wait around for my mate to pick me up around 2.

Could hit the road at 8:30am... eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

Wheres Freya Riding playing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Rfrip wrote: »
    Never heard of shura before yesterday and now I’m obsessed with her!! Thanks ferris!
    She will possibly fill the Robyn void next weekend...after a feed of cans il prob think it’s her anyway :)

Saw Shura at EP in 2015 and then Longitude 2016. It's pop with an edge/attitude. But there's something about her that really appeals. She and her band also were very "humble", if that's the word, which was great--they looked very appreciative. Really looking forward to this!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Definitely

The Strokes
    Christine & the Queens
    Jarvis Cocker
    Johnny Marr
    Richard Ashcroft
    All Tvvins
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    King kong Company
    Sam Fender
    The Pale

Maybe

Roisin Murphy
    Maverick Sabre
    Parquet Courts
    Razorlight
    Otherkin
    Touts
    Frank & Walters
    Emotional Fish
    Billie Eilish

Brush up on

Four tet
    Gerry Cinnamon
    Kneecap
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Miles Kane
    Mo
    Bodega
    White Reaper
    Sports Team mitski
    Sasami
    Pillow Queen
    Vulpynes

You didn't even give Sports Team their own line...shame on you ;):)

You didn't even give Sports Team their own line...shame on you ;):)

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The streets don't seem to be listed on the main stage? Electric arena or freetown perhaps?

Id say they will headline the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Can anyone recommend act similar to Kiasmos/Olafur at ATN?
    Last year had The Blaze, but don't see anything obvious in line up.
    Four Tet my best bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

dendof wrote: »
    Four Tet my best bet?

Kolsch maybe?

Same. 24 I think last year.

On a side note, in an effort to save cash I brought whiskey with me. It'll be the same this year, what with the Salty Dog situation.

Can't say I remember all the sets, but I can say I really enjoyed them all!

That is what it's all about!!!

Me too!!!

Kolsch maybe?
    Yep he's defo on the list, but was hoping for something live too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Sunday night in Rankin's Wood works for me ... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ive a few questions around the family campsite that dont seem to be covered here https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/family-info#info-section-37150

We have family camping tickets and know we have to register the child in advance. I have gone to EP a few times but never camped in the family section so I haven't a clue about it.

Myself and the wife will be arriving separately do you need a kid in the car to gain access to the family car park?
    Not for the Car Park, but you have to have a kid with you to get your Family Camping wristband, i.e. to enter the campsite

I will be arriving first with my child, I presume when my wife arrives I just bring my child to the entrance and my wife will be let into the family camp site then?
    Yeah

Once in the family campsite do you need a child with you every time you want to return back into the family campsite from the arena. Or once you enter the first time are you good to go for the rest of the weekend?
    Once in, you’re free to travel childless

^^^^^

That is what it's all about!!!

Me too!!!

Ah I dunno man. Sometimes I get the cold sweats worrying about how shyte my memory is and wonder if pickling it once a year doesn't help.

Also, I envy those that can say "ah, that set from blah on a Saturday evening in 2011 was brilliant". Me? I can't remember who played 2011. I mean, when I look the list up I can remember bits, but that's about it :confused:

A warning....

If you are using Festable and you add an act that later gets its name changed, then you will lose that act of your itinerary and need to add again.

e.g. .. .I had added Mo .. then I changed the clashfinder to MØ. Itinerary loses the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Four Tet my best bet?

Talos are quite like Kiasmos.

d_levins wrote: »

Not IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Welcome to the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme registration page!
    What is the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme?
    Festival Republic have teamed up with Ticketmaster to offer you the chance to purchase tickets for Electric Picnic 2020 at a discounted price as a way of thanking you for returning to Electric Picnic.

If you are successful, you will receive a loyalty code for you to use to purchase a discounted ticket to Electric Picnic 2020.

I'm a bit nervy about that bit in bold! Why is there an "if"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Four Tet my best bet?

There is some good live electronic music at Body & Soul, might be worth checking out EMBRZ, Arvo Party, Cinema to see if you like any of them. Fjaak will be playing in Freetown and they are also a live act but would be quite heavy.

d_levins wrote: »
    Not IMHO
    Yeah Talos a bit light I think - do like too though.
    There is some good live electronic music at Body & Soul, might be worth checking out EMBRZ, Arvo Party, Cinema to see if you like any of them. Fjaak will be playing in Freetown and they are also a live act but would be quite heavy.

Cheers Fjaak prob a bit heavy for me, but will check out the others. I love the auld melodies. Just can't see anything obvious but am sure will defo stumble across something :)

Edit: Lovin Arvo Party edit of Running Up That Hill!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm a bit nervy about that bit in bold! Why is there an "if"???

Its basically a lottery now on who can get the loyalty tickets, basically its a random selection who will get access to the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

FATM will be full of selfie taking insta people talking during the quieter songs and singing badly during the popular dancy ones.

Michael Kiwanuka is likely to be full of people who want to hear Michael Kiwanuka.

Does this make your choice any easier?

Not really :D, although I agree with your assessment. I like them both a lot. I'll move it into the 'Decide on the day' category. Weather may have an influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

The strokes and the streets are going to clash

Ah I dunno man. Sometimes I get the cold sweats worrying about how shyte my memory is and wonder if pickling it once a year doesn't help.

Also, I envy those that can say "ah, that set from blah on a Saturday evening in 2011 was brilliant". Me? I can't remember who played 2011. I mean, when I look the list up I can remember bits, but that's about it :confused:

Are you me? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

A warning....

If you are using Festable and you add an act that later gets its name changed, then you will lose that act of your itinerary and need to add again.

e.g. .. .I had added Mo .. then I changed the clashfinder to MØ. Itinerary loses the act.

Clashfinder has the same issue. I had added Mo and then refreshed and had to add MØ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Its basically a lottery now on who can get the loyalty tickets, basically its a random selection who will get access to the tickets

yep thats what im taking away from that. ive automatically get the code the last few years, id say the numbers for the loyality tickets will now be very very limited

Il save the moaning for that though for the 2020 thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

no, they're sent out automatically if the purchases are on your ticketmaster account and you're signed up to the marketing email list.
    I think a lot of people aren't signed up to the marketing list (or whatever list it is), so don't get them sent automatically and have to email TM themselves for a code.

I'd agree that this definitely seems better, as long as it actually works!

That was the idea but I've had to contact them each year to get the 3+ code. As have had loads of pals. It's seemingly only a proportion of people who get the right codes going by this thread.

And like you I've no great confidence in them getting it right but hopefully the extra week organising it gets it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So this looks possible.....

Friday
    Roadhouse Doors
    These Charming Men
    Quick look at Billie, then down for Sports Team, Serpentwithfeet and maybe Shura.

Saturday
    Bootleg Beach Boys
    Somebody's Child
    Just Mustard
    The Scratch
    White Reaper
    Thumper
    Easy Life
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    The Strokes
    Lamb

Sunday
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Bob Skeleton/ His Father's Voice
    Touts
    Powpig
    Heavy Lungs
    Johnny Marr
    Richard Ashcroft
    An Emotional Fish
    Mitski
    Michael Kiwanuka

Jaysus. You forget. It gets very difficult Saturday and Sunday. That might all change. I think I'll just let Pablo's app do it all for me.

Advertisement