Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sellorex

Johnny Marr has tweeted that hes playing the EA on Sunday at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are you me? :rolleyes:

Quite possibly. At this stage, I don't have a clue about anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Regarding the loyalty scheme....

In the past I have always received the code from Ticketmaster

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Ticketmaster...

"Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme
    Registration for the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme is now open! Registrations for EP2020 Loyalty will close on Wednesday, 4 September at 8am CET.

If you have automatically received a Loyalty Code from Ticketmaster in the past – you will still need to register.

For further details on how to register please visit: https://a.pgtb.me/6w72pm"

So, you do need to re-register! And as someone mentioned here earlier, words like, "chance to purchase" and "If you are successful" do not inspire confidence...yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

BaZmO* wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Thanks, that helped a lot. We may be able to leave our child with a friend of my wife who lives nearby for the Saturday night. Going by what you say once we have the family camping wristband we would be able to do this and still stay in the family camping area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm a bit nervy about that bit in bold! Why is there an "if"???

Touts & chancers trying to get codes. Despite the difficulties I've managed to get the 3+ code every year. Hopefully those entitled to it will all be sorted earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So I know it may be a bit premature to be panicing about the weather just yet, but where are the best places to go while it's raining? Trying to think of the options.

So Electric Arena, Rankins Wood, Cosby Tent, Freetown Terminus will all be in big tents. Comedy tent, Mindfield, Global Green Village Hall, Heineken Sound Atlas, 3 Made by Music (?), all other places that are sheltered. Anywhere else around the festival site that you could go and chill out for an hour or two while the showers pass? The Haunt in Body & Soul is sheltered but imagine that gets very cramped when its wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Its basically a lottery now on who can get the loyalty tickets, basically its a random selection who will get access to the tickets

Anything to back that up, or is it just speculation?

I’d guess that the “if” means that they’ll check to see if there’s a record of you actually buying EP tickets online, and if the record matches your application then you’ll be issued a code

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thanks, that helped a lot. We may be able to leave our child with a friend of my wife who lives nearby for the Saturday night. Going by what you say once we have the family camping wristband we would be able to do this and still stay in the family camping area?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Friday is looking soft!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1165932057240965120?s=20

Also cool nights Saturday and Sunday night so prepare for cool night camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Regarding the loyalty scheme....

In the past I have always received the code from Ticketmaster

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Ticketmaster...

"Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme
    Registration for the Electric Picnic Loyalty Scheme is now open! Registrations for EP2020 Loyalty will close on Wednesday, 4 September at 8am CET.

If you have automatically received a Loyalty Code from Ticketmaster in the past – you will still need to register.

For further details on how to register please visit: https://a.pgtb.me/6w72pm"

So, you do need to re-register! And as someone mentioned here earlier, words like, "chance to purchase" and "If you are successful" do not inspire confidence...yikes!

Stop worrying ... "If you have been found to be eligible to receive a loyalty code, you will receive an email on Friday 6 September with your code. For more information about how Ticketmaster makes decisions on eligibility, please see our Eligibility Terms."

Eligibility Terms: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ftkfmw

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »
    Anything to back that up, or is it just speculation?

I’d guess that the “if” means that they’ll check to see if there’s a record of you actually buying EP tickets online, and if the record matches your application then you’ll be issued a code

Firstly, as far as I can see, this is NOT anything to do with the 3+ code. That is separate.

I have read through the blurb and it states:

If you have been found to be eligible to receive a loyalty code, you will receive an email on Friday 6 September with your code. For more information about how Ticketmaster makes decisions on eligibility, please see our Eligibility Terms.
    • Please ensure to check all spam / applicable folders in your email.
    • To ensure you receive notification of your loyalty code, add no-replymarketing@email.ticketmaster.ie to your safe senders list.
    • The email will contain your link to purchase and your unique loyalty code to access tickets.
    • The loyalty scheme (and use of loyalty codes) will end at Midnight Sunday 29th September CET, or in the event of a sell-out of the allocation, whichever comes first.

So, if you qualify by having the prerequisite number of past purchases, you will get the code. You than have to ensure you get in quick.

I've been beaten to the punch!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

So I know it may be a bit premature to be panicing about the weather just yet, but where are the best places to go while it's raining? Trying to think of the options.

So Electric Arena, Rankins Wood, Cosby Tent, Freetown Terminus will all be in big tents. Comedy tent, Mindfield, Global Green Village Hall, Heineken Sound Atlas, 3 Made by Music (?), all other places that are sheltered. Anywhere else around the festival site that you could go and chill out for an hour or two while the showers pass? The Haunt in Body & Soul is sheltered but imagine that gets very cramped when its wet.

Is the main stage and casa Bacardi the only open air area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Body & Soul & Heineken place also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

there are probably hundreds of accounts that have 3+ picnics who do not go anymore. I would like to think that this registration is to ensure that the allocated loyalty tickets find their way into the hands of people who want them and not in some dormant account that will not use the code.

Stop fretting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

words like, "chance to purchase" and "If you are successful" do not inspire confidence...yikes!

I filled it out and the confirmation screen says
    THANK YOU!
    You have successfully registered for Electric Picnic 2020 Loyalty Scheme, powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan.

WHEN YOU'LL HEAR FROM US AGAIN
    If you have been found to be eligible to receive a loyalty code, you will receive an email on Friday 6 September with your code.

That suggests that the loyalty system failed last year so they're getting us to re-register with some new set up, and culling old email addresses from the mailing list.

Unrelated, by chance this morning I logged into TM and I noticed that my EP tickets in my account were showing as CANCELLED. Rang them and was told that there must have been some issue with the printing on them or something but I can either go and collect them at the box office on the day, or else wait until a new set is posted out by Wednesday or Thursday. Pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Comedy stage was open last year. Artist and some attendees covered but most not. I think it was a new design but can't be sure as it was my first time at the comedy stage since 2005. And the last for a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah thats my bad , I thought it was like the Springsteen on Broadway Fan Verified process.
    We registered but it was a random selection if you were going to receive a code to buy tickets etc and if you didnt you were in the que/back up if anyone didnt use their codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Tiny Tea Tent in Body & Soul. One of my favourite escape places

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kepler21 wrote: »

Cool thanks for the tip, these are exactly the types of places I was hoping would be suggested! Have never ventured in there I don't think, maybe briefly one year. If anyone has any other good little hideouts please share!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Couple of questions as an EP newbie.

1. Has anyone gone over a rainy weekend before? Did it massively spoil it or is it a case of make of it what you will?

2. Any house music acts people would recommend seeing here?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

1. Has anyone gone over a rainy weekend before? Did it massively spoil it or is it a case of make of it what you will?

Cheers.

Ive been to 11 Picnics. I only remember one particularly muddy one, but its rained most years. Last year it pished down.

However that really muddy year they closed off access routes when parts of the site got really really boggy. Think it was 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dress appropriately and boogie in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Cheers.

Many years there is some rain, if its showers you work around it, if you have a lot on the main stage then have second acts performing in a tent in case you need to get some shelter.

Dress appropriately, make sure you have a rain jacket/poncho that has decent cover, and that you can take off when the sun comes out in between the rain. Don't care what you look like dancing in a poncho.

You mostly make the best of it, if its raining a lot over a prolonged period it gets very tedious. I had one year where it was p***ing rain on the Sunday night and I just wanted to go home, but had to wait for friends.

Know how waterproof your tent is. Make sure you have a change of clothes in a plastic bag in case of leaks; and a change of footwear if necessary. My tent is getting on a bit now, and there are some small spots susceptible to rain. I will put my sleeping bag in a black sack when I head to the music, just to make sure when i get back I know it will be dry.

Bottom line: prepare a bit, but decide you are going to have an awesome time anyway. Be thankful for the dry spells when you get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

It's been very wet a couple of times I've been. Not as wet as Body & Soul often has been, but wet nonetheless. It tends to make all the tents a lot more crowded as people are less likely to chill outside during acts they don't care about, so smaller gigs get rammed. In 2007 Regina Spektor was playing during the day, about 5 mins into her set the heavens opened and whichever tent it was filled up completely, it's the only time I've ever seen a major performer actually awestruck at the size of their crowd. She said she knew it was weather related but this was genuinely her biggest ever crowd and to be fair everyone gave her a proper reception.

So yeah, you make of it what you will.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That along with Natasha's in Body and Soul. Great place to shelter from the rain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That along with Natasha's in Body and Soul. Great place to shelter from the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Cheers.

1. Yea, it rains most years a bit tbf, its part of the festival exp. Buy a large cheap plastic poncho and carry that in your bag at all times. You cant bate a poncho in the rain.

2. Well not sure about house music specifically, but MotherDJ's are closing the "Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow" tent on Sat@12. Thats always an enjoyable set, they work in allot of remixs of George Michael, Madonna, prince, etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's been very wet a couple of times I've been. Not as wet as Body & Soul often has been, but wet nonetheless. It tends to make all the tents a lot more crowded as people are less likely to chill outside during acts they don't care about, so smaller gigs get rammed. In 2007 Regina Spektor was playing during the day, about 5 mins into her set the heavens opened and whichever tent it was filled up completely, it's the only time I've ever seen a major performer actually awestruck at the size of their crowd. She said she knew it was weather related but this was genuinely her biggest ever crowd and to be fair everyone gave her a proper reception.

So yeah, you make of it what you will.

That can be a nightmare for the wrong act and the wrong crowd. Olafur Arnalds at All Together Now this year was an absolute mess. It was pouring rain outside so everyone crowded into his tent and just spoke over him...

But, otherwise, rain at a festival is no big deal if you're prepared. Decent footwear, a rain jacket/poncho and a waterproof tent are the most important things.

And, as was posted above, throw your stuff into some black bin liners - pillows (if you have them), sleeping mat, spare clothes, etc. That way, if it pours rain all day, you'll still be able to have a dry night.

And stock up on the booze. You won't even notice the rain if you're well prepared in that regard. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

On the subject of ponchos, anywhere in town recommended to get a decent one?

Advertisement